Elmiron? Pregnancy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmiron? Pregnancy?

I was wondering if Elmiron is mostly prescribed for pain, or can it also be given for bladder discomfort and the false feeling of needing to go? I'm just thinking of what to bring up at my next uro appt. I was put on 10mg of elavil and .5 of klonopin but I'm still uncomfortable. I'm also doing PT but she keeps referring to my c-section scar as part of the problem. It looks pretty standard but she's thinking it could be scar tissue pressing down. Wouldn't they have seen something like that on my ultrasound or catscan? Anyhoo, what are the drugs that are supposed to work for pressure and discomfort. Dr. Moldwin wanted me to take more of the klonopin through the day but the last thing I need is an addiction to klonopin besides the fact that I'd really like to have another baby at some point within the next two years. Another question of mine is how does anyone get pg. and not go crazy with sleep deprivation having to wake at night to pee? The elavil and klonopin took care of that for me but if I have to go off of those how will I cope?
    Sorry for the long rambling post!

Rachael

My biggest problem is feeling like I need to go. Everyone is different, but for me what helped was Elmiron, Elavil, and PTNS. Those three things have saved me.
    Update! Feeling much better these days and no longer on any meds!

Pelvic pain began July 2008. Urinary frequency began in November of 2008. IC Doctor says I'm one of the worst frequency patients he has had.

Things that helped me the most: IC Diet, Elavil (30mg), Elmiron since June '09 (500mg/day).

Previously tried and quit: one series of six instillations, Neurontin, Ditropan, Oxytrol, electric stimulation to the pelvic floor, Desert Harvest Aloe, Cystoprotek and Flomax, Hydroxyzine (50mg), Alesse Birth control (this helped my period flares when my symptoms used to be bad), PTNS (I think this helped).

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Thanks for the reply! I'm glad your doing well! I'm only on 10mg of elavil so maybe I need to step that up. The only other med I'm on .5 of klonopin to help me sleep. How did you fall asleep with that sensation? It makes me nuts! Thankfully since starting just the klonopin I was getting up once if at all at night. I'm not sure I'm on enough elavil to make a difference. My new uro (Moldwin) was kind of thinking that nothing i'm taking could've made that big of a difference and thinks maybe I'm getting better on my own but of course I was feeling good on the day I went to see him and the last week or so has been worse. I'm expecting my period any day so that could be it. Do you tend have worse symptoms up to a week before your period? I might add Elmiron to the mix as well. You think that helped the feeling of needing to go? I don't have to go urgently it's just an always there feeling of having something to empy. Thanks for listening and sorry for the ramble.

Rachael

Comment

Hi Marar. I had trouble sleeping, too when the sensation was really bad. And once I fell asleep I would wake up every 20 minutes to go. It was torture.

My symptoms also get really bad before my period. I think it's the increase in progesterone. I went on a continuous birth control called Allese so I wouldn't have to have a period all the time. It really helped my symptoms to improve because they weren't flaring up all the time.

Healing thoughts your way...
        Update! Feeling much better these days and no longer on any meds!

Pelvic pain began July 2008. Urinary frequency began in November of 2008. IC Doctor says I'm one of the worst frequency patients he has had.

Things that helped me the most: IC Diet, Elavil (30mg), Elmiron since June '09 (500mg/day).

Previously tried and quit: one series of six instillations, Neurontin, Ditropan, Oxytrol, electric stimulation to the pelvic floor, Desert Harvest Aloe, Cystoprotek and Flomax, Hydroxyzine (50mg), Alesse Birth control (this helped my period flares when my symptoms used to be bad), PTNS (I think this helped).

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
        X