Trying to find answers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to find answers

I have had bladder problems on and off since I had my daughter 4 years ago. Right after I had her, I was diagnosed with endometriosis and had the ablation for that. For the next 2 years I had to go to the bathroom frequently on and off. I kept thinking I had UTI (without the burning) and kept going in. The tricky thing is alot of times the PA I went to thought I had reocurring UTI's too so he sent me to a Urologist. The urologist ended up inserting a catheter for a clean catch of urine and said I just had extra discharge that was making it look like I had a UTI sometimes but I really didnt (which would explain why the antibiotics never helped). After that the frequency left for a while. I got pregnant with my son about a year and half ago. I started having the frequency again (BIG TIME) but I just figured it was pregnancy. The last 1/3 of my pregnancy was AWFUL because of my bladder problems. I would pee every 15-20 minutes throughout the day and at night I would have to get up and pee atleast 12 times before I actually go to sleep, that wasn't including the night wakings. Now since I've had my son, the peeing during the day is still alot, but more bearable, probably more like every hour to hour and half, depending on the day. At nights, its still pretty bad though. Right after I had Jack, I started to get blood in my urine so I went to a urologist, who did an xray and said I had kidney stones. I went and had the lithrotripsy done and they put a bladder stent in for a week. I passed the kidney stones and the bleeding stopped. I was then put on a bladder medication for overactice bladder which seemed to help a little bit at first but now nothing at all. I've heard that IC is the "EVIL TWIN" of enodmetriosis so it makes me wonder. I don't have the burning sensation at all when I pee but its the frequency that I am trying to figure out???

Ugh, that sounds awful. Has anyone checked to see if you have pelvic floor dysfunction? Just a thought...
    Mom to two littles (remissions while pregnant/breastfeeding)
    Sufferer since mid-90s
    Finally dx'd properly much later

Comment

No, who would I even see to check that? I also feel like I have a strong urine smell (down there, sorry if TMI) alot of the time. It really is grossing me out.

Comment

Ask your uro if he checked for it. If not, you can check this map for someone near you. Physical therapists are great at dx'ing and treating pelvic floor dysfunction so you might want to consider that route.

Not sure what the smell could be -- could be from not emptying your bladder fully. Or, maybe you're pregnant again.
        Mom to two littles (remissions while pregnant/breastfeeding)
        Sufferer since mid-90s
        Finally dx'd properly much later

Comment

Hi,
          Frequency is one of the signs of IC. You don't have to extreme pain to have IC, pressure and discomfort are also associated with it. I would suggest you see that uro again.

Urine smells can often be attributed to a new food? some vegetables can give you a really strong smelling urine or medicine? I can even smell coffee in mine which I think is a new one...
          Cindi

Gelnique for frequency/urgency - works great
          Macrobid after sex
          Prilosec, continuous birth control pills
          synthroid .088mg, mucinex-d, restasis

Supplements: Desert Harvest Aloe vera, Cysta-q, prelief, magnesium and calcium, Vit D, flaxseed oil

Diag Mild IC Jan 11 but have had symptoms for 25 years. Also have GERD, TMJ, IBS-C, chronic dry eye syndrome, hashimotos thyroiditis, non-allergic rhinitis.

IC Diet Link: http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf
          AUA 2011 Guidelines to diagnosing and treating IC overview- http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?p=571592
          AUA 2011 Guidelines to diagnosing and treating IC PDF: http://www.auanet.org/content/guidel...ent_ic-bps.pdf
          Great treatment flowchart on page 19 of the pdf

Comment

Yeah I am not sure what the smell is from either....I started getting the smell when I was about 6 months pregnant with Jack and now He is 7 months old so about a year ago..(Wow, that seems like a long time). I haven't really been eating any new foods or vegetables. So I don't think it could be coming from that.I've been checked for vaginal infections and had a few of them but still have the darn smell. I am going to make another appointment soon for my urologist I will ask him about the pelvic floor dysfunction and IC.

Comment

Working...
            X