X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bladderella
    replied
    Re: now incontinence!? ahhhh

Keep in mind that it is possible to have both Overactive Bladder and Interstitial Cystitis at the same time.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1832106/

Leave a comment:

• rshell84
    replied

I agree with ICNDonna. You should make an appointment with a Urologist if you haven't yet. Incontinence is linked with overactive bladder and sometimes pelvic floor dysfunction. Best of luck to you.

Leave a comment:

• Mguitar8
    replied

I have the same situation.. I have come to terms with urinating every 20-30 min but within the last few weeks I developed incontinence. I'm 24 years old. I understand how hard it can be- trying vesicare now but not seeing results yet

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Incontinence is not usually a part of IC. Have you seen a urologist? If not, I suggest you do so very soon.

Warm healing thoughts,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• cmclien
    replied
    My understanding is that incontinence is not a symptom of IC but that doesn't mean someone could not have IC and urge or stress incontinence also.

You might want to buy some home UTI test strips from the drugstore just to make sure you really don't have a UTI.

Yes, if you don't have retention (unable to go all the way, a little bit is normal) OAB meds can help this kind of condition. They also help frequency though I think you said you didn't have that?

Leave a comment:

• jessicab
    started a topic now incontinence!? ahhhh

now incontinence!? ahhhh

hi all,

not yet diagnosed with IC, but suspecting. i had calmed myself down and come to terms with the possibility of IC and was really headed in a positive direction and now i've been slammed with another possible symptom of incontinence?

i'm only 22. is this normal? i've been in excruciating pain all day so i know my bladder must be really inflamed...in fact all day i've felt pressure but i've never really known if i had to go or not, so it's been more "guess and check".... any one else suffer from this? can meds help? would love some insight...
Working...
X