Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Q's about constant pain, Prelief, & OAB meds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuckersmom
    replied
    Originally posted by prbetty View Post
    Dear Cathy:

You definitely should take Prelief when you have extra cups of coffee throughout the day.

Betty
    Thanks for your reply, Betty!

Leave a comment:

• prbetty
    replied
    Dear Otto721:

Almost everything that you eat or drink has some acid in it and even a small amount could possibly irritate the bladder of an IC patient. (Food acid can also contribute to heartburn/reflux.) I suggest that you go to our website, www.prelief.com and check out our acidic food list for reference purposes.

Please also go to our testimonial section, where IC patients mention that Prelief has allowed them to add some of their favorite trigger foods back into their limited diet.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me direct.

Betty Corson
    Customer Service
    AkPharma Inc
    1-800-994-4711
    [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• prbetty
    replied
    Dear Cathy:

You definitely should take Prelief when you have extra cups of coffee throughout the day.

Betty

Leave a comment:

• otter721
    replied
    Prelief useage

Thanks for the Prelief info. But it really doesn't help one to determine which foods are triggers, does it? That is what I'm struggling with now-- take the Prelief for a lessening of my symptoms or do not take it so that I can figure out what makes it worse. I am trying the "all the time" method right now and will probably go off it for a day or two and compare. (I am not in severe pain, thankfully, just a constant pain.) As someone not yet diagnosed, my use of Prelief may need to be different than someone else's.

Leave a comment:

• Tuckersmom
    replied
    Betty, I am taking Prelief before meals. I don't generally have snacks, but I do have a couple of extra cups of coffee throughout the day.Should I take Prelief with them also?

Leave a comment:

• prbetty
    replied
    Hi!

Just wanted to jump in here for a minute!

Our suggested usage for Prelief is to take 2 Prelief tablets with each meal and snack. More can be used when needed. Prelief is taken with all meals, regardless of foods eaten, because while some foods are obviously acidic, other acidic foods are not readily recognizable as such.

Betty Corson
    Customer Service
    AkPharma Inc
    1-800-994-4711

Leave a comment:

• Tuckersmom
    replied
    Check out these amazing reviews from ICers on Prelief's web site:

http://www.akpharma.com/prelief/testimonials.html

Leave a comment:

• earthlady
    replied
    Yes I'm seeing a uro now. This is my third one, and so far I've decided to stay with her as she has been treating IC/PBS people for a long time and is really flexible with any suggestions I have. The mint and chamomile tea was an acquired taste, but after drinking only water for so long anything will taste good! The Better Bladder Book has a good list of teas but unfortunately a lot of them taste like dirt. I also drink almond milk which I like a lot and my bladder does too.

Leave a comment:

• otter721
    replied
    Earthlady,
    Are you seeing a urologist or just caring for yourself by using the info here? just curious-- so you don't need to answer. I was just wondering about your situation and if you are waiting for a diagnosis like I am. Also, I envy you your pear martini! I can have no alcohol-- haven't had any for 20 years. I suppose I will need to give chamomile and mint teas a try sometime... I have never liked any herbal teas but after drinking only water, my tastebuds may feel differently! Glad to know that your bladder has been much calmer lately!

Leave a comment:

• earthlady
    replied
    Sad to say that even decaf black tea bothered my bladder. I took prelief with it but I think there was just too much acid in the tea for even the prelief to eliminate. I could have tried prelief with the tea and then tums afterward but I got to the point that it was just too much trouble and too much hassle to figure out how to drink it so I just stopped it all. Mint tea and chamomile were ok. My bladder has been calm and I've been pain free for quite a while now so at some point I may try it again. I really do think that eliminating coffee and all regular tea was a big factor in getting my bladder to calm down. Along with no citrus and wine of course. I can however have a pear martini now and then-whoo hoo!

Leave a comment:

• otter721
    replied
    Earthlady,

It's good to know that tea was an issue for you. (Although I'm sorry that it is/was.) I drank coffee also, but only a few times a week at most. Black tea, on the other hand, I was drinking, either hot or iced, about 4 times per day, and not 1 measuring cup worth-- a mug, or a tall glass. Are you able to drink decaf black tea? My uro's list noted that I could drink decaf tea but I feel it is an irritant to my bladder, as others have commented. Beverages are one of the things I found most difficult on the IC diet. Water seems to be the only thing that I'm sure is OK, and then I'm not even positive about which water!

Leave a comment:

• otter721
    replied
    BiblioGrrL,

Thank you for your reply. We seem to have a lot in common-- I am pretty sure some of my triggers are the same as your primary ones. Of course, my bladder is still not calmed down at all, so I haven't yet figured it all out yet...

Thanks for the rooibos tea tip. I will try that once things are calmer. I really like "regular" tea, so it's nice to know there is something that I may be able to drink that will come close to that.

That's great that the Cystaprotek and the aloe (forgot it's brand name) are helping you so much. I have looked into them and was disappointed in the cost... not that they are any worse than other natural supplements, but it is frustrating that things that are often better for us also cost more than the prescription drugs, particularly if you have a drug plan, as I do... oh well... it's something else for me to consider and I appreciate you mentioning both.

I will let you all know how the Sanctura works. I am hoping I can soon figure out if it's causing mild retention or not.

Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• earthlady
    replied
    It took quite a while for my bladder to calm down after eliminating regular tea. Probably a couple months. I really do feel that the black tea was worse than coffee on my bladder.

Leave a comment:

• otter721
    replied
    Ginger,

Thank you for your prayers. I am sorry to hear your symptoms are giving you more trouble lately. I am grateful to have found this network and forum. From all that I have read since my GP suspected IC back in March, this group is indeed educated and caring, everyone seems to sincerely care and want to help others.

I plan to try taking Prelief often to see how much it helps by having it in my system throughout the day. (I am already on Zantac twice a day for acid reflux.) I am following the IC diet but it took some time to remove caffeine (tea) since I was concerned about withdrawal headaches. It's been about a week since I've had only water. The diet seems to be making a difference, though I am not sure yet how much. I do think it's a matter of time... I've felt bad for 4 months, so I don't think I will feel lots better in just a few weeks. Though I can't help wondering if/when thing will calm down, even though I know there is no way to guess when that might be.

Thanks for the suggestions for the Sanctura and the urologist. I have only been to him once, so no idea how he or his office will respond to a request for more samples, but it's something to keep in mind. I hope to develop a good relationship with him and I am happy to hear that your Dr. and PA are so wonderful!

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. I will pray for you as well.

Leave a comment:

• BiblioGrrL
    replied
    I should also note that I've been taking Cystoprotek for approx. 3 months and Desert Harvest Aloe for a little over a month. I think both have helped my symptoms tremendously. I'm definitely having more days when I feel close to normal than not.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X