Opinions please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions please?

Hey, if you can read this please I'd really appreciate it.

I'm 24 (female),7 months ago I started having really severe lower abdominal pain (which I am still suffering from). So first thing the doctor ordered were urine and blood tests, all came back fine. But from then on I've been to an endless row of doctors, among them a gynecologist and a gastoentrolgist, I've had numerous tests--(none related to urology btw) all came back clean. A couple of days ago my gp decided to order me another urine test....It came back showing WBC in my urine. He failed to mention the culture was negative, gave me antibiotics for a week, and I'm still taking them. But out of curiosity I googled "WBC in urine without bacteria" and found this place.

I am seriously banging my head against the wall right now because I never mentioned to any of the doctors I saw the fact that I have to pee every minute... for the simple fact that it's always been a problem of mine, I thought it was because I had a small bladder or something, I never connected it with my stomach pain. (possibly a mistake of epic proportions) So after reading about IC and its symptoms, I'm starting to get very concerned that I have it.
    I already suffer from clinical depression, not to mention these last 7 months advanced me to being suicidal, and now I find out there's a chance I'm going to have this chronic pain for the rest of my life... Right now I'm wondering(and hoping) that there's still a chance I may have something else entirely...or maybe a UTI without detected bacteria? it that even possible? I've been on the antibiotic for 3 days now and there's no change, perhaps I need to wait more for it to take affect?

Anyone have any thoughts? does it look like I have IC?
    I know I won't know for sure until I see a urologist, but I can't get this out of my head.

(Also,excuse the grammar, English is not my native tongue)

need advice

Hi

Well, first, don't panic. Even if you do have IC, and you don't know that you do, it's managable.

I know the posts can be scary but keep in mind that many people who feel better stop posting.

I think you might want to consider seeing a urologist or urogynocologist. He or she might be helpful in determining what is causing your symptoms.

I'm not sure about the UTI and whether you can have one when your test are coming back negative but I'm sure others on here will know.

In the meantime, you could try the IC diet,(you can find it here on the forum), and see if that helps. For me, it's been one of the most important things I've done to feel better.

Keep posting here. The support is wonderful.

Hugs,

Laurie

Comment

Originally posted by bubbe1 View Post
      Hi

Well, first, don't panic. Even if you do have IC, and you don't know that you do, it's managable.

I know the posts can be scary but keep in mind that many people who feel better stop posting.

I think you might want to consider seeing a urologist or urogynocologist. He or she might be helpful in determining what is causing your symptoms.

I'm not sure about the UTI and whether you can have one when your test are coming back negative but I'm sure others on here will know.

In the meantime, you could try the IC diet,(you can find it here on the forum), and see if that helps. For me, it's been one of the most important things I've done to feel better.

Keep posting here. The support is wonderful.

Hugs,

Laurie
      Thank you for your reply Laurie, I did some research and found a really good Urogynoclogist near me, so making an appointment with him is the first thing I'm going to do. I've read about the diet and it seems pretty daunting, but I'm definitely going to give it a try.

Comment

I'm sorry you are suffering from worry about this. It's totally understandable.

Are you getting treatment for the depression? I hope so. Depression sucks the life out of you.

The appointment with the Urogyn was a good step. I also see one and am very satisfied. My symptoms are quite bad currently, and I too have stomach issues and other mysterious pains. But my doctor said to me "you will get better" and that helped me. It is hard to suffer from this on top of other problems. That is so true! But I believe you will get the proper help and finding the right doctor is key.
        Frances

Diagnosed: 2011 - have had symptoms for over 20 years. Diagnoses so far: Overactive Bladder, then IC, and now Myofacial Pelvic Pain Syndrome.

Medicines: For IC am doing PT, and will be taking Gabapentin, Ativan, Tramadol and Ambien. Ice packs and drinking vanilla shakes help. Foods that cause a flare, tomatoes, yogurt, coffee, soda, all sports drinks, and most teas. Take Verapamil, Naproxen (as needed), Omeprazole, Frova (as needed) and receive Botox shots(every three months) for migraines. For allergies I use Claritin and Flonase. (Feel free to ask me any questions about meds.)

Other conditions: Migraines, allergies, mild IBS.

"If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." (Matthew 21:22)

Comment

Originally posted by Toto View Post
          I'm sorry you are suffering from worry about this. It's totally understandable.

Are you getting treatment for the depression? I hope so. Depression sucks the life out of
          I started a new anti-depressant a couple of weeks ago, but so far it's been useless. Although honestly I think the best anti-depressant in the world can't help me right now while I'm in this much physical pain.

Comment

How about someone to talk to. It might help to vent to someone. Is your family understanding at all? I went through some rough spots in life and took antidepressants and remember that it took more than two weeks to work. If you are tolerating the side effects, give them some time to work, or ask about going up on the dose.

I understand about the pain. Heck, who can be happy, or at the very least, peaceful, when they are in chronic pain? I hope the doctor helps.

Feel better soon...
            Frances

Diagnosed: 2011 - have had symptoms for over 20 years. Diagnoses so far: Overactive Bladder, then IC, and now Myofacial Pelvic Pain Syndrome.

Medicines: For IC am doing PT, and will be taking Gabapentin, Ativan, Tramadol and Ambien. Ice packs and drinking vanilla shakes help. Foods that cause a flare, tomatoes, yogurt, coffee, soda, all sports drinks, and most teas. Take Verapamil, Naproxen (as needed), Omeprazole, Frova (as needed) and receive Botox shots(every three months) for migraines. For allergies I use Claritin and Flonase. (Feel free to ask me any questions about meds.)

Other conditions: Migraines, allergies, mild IBS.

"If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." (Matthew 21:22)

Comment

Originally posted by Toto View Post
              How about someone to talk to. It might help to vent to someone. Is your family understanding at all? I went through some rough spots in life and took antidepressants and remember that it took more than two weeks to work. If you are tolerating the side effects, give them some time to work, or ask about going up on the dose.

I understand about the pain. Heck, who can be happy, or at the very least, peaceful, when they are in chronic pain? I hope the doctor helps.

Feel better soon...
              Thanks.

They're mostly understanding, but lately I think they've gotten pretty fed up with it, and I don't blame them, every time I start talking about the pain I start crying like a little baby and it upsets them, which in turn makes me feel worse. it's not a healthy cycle.

Comment

It does sound like you might have IC, from what you described. I'm glad you have made an appointment to be seen by someone who can diagnose you.

Instead of looking at this as a bad thing (which, it undoubtedly is), try looking at it this way... you have lived most of your life with the constant need to urinate, as you said. You now are suffering from this mysterious new pain, which could also be IC. If these things do prove to be IC, once you know what you have you can TREAT it! For the vast majority of us, our worst times were before diagnosis. Think about how much improved your quality of life will be if you know what you're up against! Most of us live very close to normal lives once we begin treatment.
                Symtoms started July 2010.
                Severe pelvic floor pain only.

2 time PT graduate!
                In medical remission since August 2011; able to eat and drink anything I want currently.

IC meds:
                200 mg Elmiron in the morning
                100 mg Elmiron @ night
                Macrobid after intercourse

03/11 07/11 01/12
                If at first you don't succeed: 07/26/2013!

Comment

I have been there too... I searched the internet for months and months panicking. It was literally an obesession, and I was also suicidal for a time there. I felt like I was pushing everyone away,even the drs that were trying to help me, and I could'nt do anything but cry. I was miserable and I was 112 pounds because I was scared to eat.

I wondered how on earth at 24 years old I was gonna have to live with this pain and discomfort and would I ever be normal or even be able to laugh again...! It is mind blowing to find out that you may have to live with something you didnt ask for, forever.... I was angry at the world and mad at everyone...... in the beginning.

BUT! I can tell you from experience now!!!! That it can get better, I promise you that. The diet, seems horrid, but once you feel better because you have been on it, it is a God send. Also when you start to feel better you can start eating other things and adding stuff back in. I eat everything, and I mean EVERYTHING hahaha minus a few things here and there. I DO NOT eat tomatoes, citrus fruit, spicy food (ie jalepinos etc) or chocolate, and I dont drink juice, coffee of any kind or pop... other than that I eat whatever, whenever! I dont miss anyof the stuff I cant have, because I look at what I CAN have instead, that was it isnt so hard to cope with. I will give you an example of what I ate today so maby you will feel beter about eating... lol. Try and remember that the diet DOES NOT have to be a forever thing, (for some people it does have to be but not all)....Everyone is sooo different with IC that some things affect some and others dont .. I know I cannot eat blue berries!!! AT ALL! But I can eat strawberries! and they happen to be on the "caution or try it list" SO don't get too discouraged until you have tried different foods.

OK so what I ate today haha.

I am a sucker for Tim Hortons... I ate a sausage breakfast sandwich on an english muffin with egg and cheese. Ahashbrown and a bowl of oatmeal with cream and maple sugar and had steamed milk with a vanilla shot... mmmmm

Then I had an apple spice muffin at lunch and chamomile tea with honey

and for dinner I had chow mein noodles with peas, chicken, carrots, and red peppers and a glass of milk.

Not even once today did I think of my bladder or feel it, and I didn't worry about the diet either... lol I just went with what I felt looked good, and it actually happend to be on the diet list or close to it anyways without trying.

There are also a number of medications that can realy help (that you may take for a long period of time or not, it depends on your body).. for me I only take Emiron, and sometimes I take an antihistamine or a pyridium, (once in a blue moon). So it all depends on what works for you.

So hang in there, I know it is daunting and terrifying, but I came from a very dark place as well, and I can say now 95% (or more) of the time I am back to normal.

Jenn
                  28 yrs old,

I have little to no problems now with my bladder, unless I am very stressed out, I forget to take Elmiron for a few days, or I eat or drink something that I know is a trigger...(i.e) like eating a tomato or drinking tea.... Took a long time to get here, but it IS possible to feel good again I just want people who are new to know that IT CAN get better, and for every one person who is suffering, there are hundreds of others who feel GREAT because they have control of thier IC.

What Works: Tylenol 3's, Pyridium, Elmiron (Going on 4 years now!) HOT showers!!!

Medications/ Vitamins: Elmiron-100mg 4x's daily Tylenol 3's/Advil (flaring) Vitamin D, WILD salmon oil 4x gels in the morning, Women's ONE a DAY multivitamin (the gummy kind doesn't make me flare) and PROBIOTICS!

Me in my graduation gown!

Comment

Originally posted by Jinny Jean View Post
                    I have been there too... I searched the internet for months and months panicking. It was literally an obesession, and I was also suicidal for a time there. I felt like I was pushing everyone away,even the drs that were trying to help me, and I could'nt do anything but cry. I was miserable and I was 112 pounds because I was scared to eat.

I wondered how on earth at 24 years old I was gonna have to live with this pain and discomfort and would I ever be normal or even be able to laugh again...! It is mind blowing to find out that you may have to live with something you didnt ask for, forever.... I was angry at the world and mad at everyone...... in the beginning.

BUT! I can tell you from experience now!!!! That it can get better, I promise you that. The diet, seems horrid, but once you feel better because you have been on it, it is a God send. Also when you start to feel better you can start eating other things and adding stuff back in. I eat everything, and I mean EVERYTHING hahaha minus a few things here and there. I DO NOT eat tomatoes, citrus fruit, spicy food (ie jalepinos etc) or chocolate, and I dont drink juice, coffee of any kind or pop... other than that I eat whatever, whenever! I dont miss anyof the stuff I cant have, because I look at what I CAN have instead, that was it isnt so hard to cope with. I will give you an example of what I ate today so maby you will feel beter about eating... lol. Try and remember that the diet DOES NOT have to be a forever thing, (for some people it does have to be but not all)....Everyone is sooo different with IC that some things affect some and others dont .. I know I cannot eat blue berries!!! AT ALL! But I can eat strawberries! and they happen to be on the "caution or try it list" SO don't get too discouraged until you have tried different foods.

OK so what I ate today haha.

I am a sucker for Tim Hortons... I ate a sausage breakfast sandwich on an english muffin with egg and cheese. Ahashbrown and a bowl of oatmeal with cream and maple sugar and had steamed milk with a vanilla shot... mmmmm

Then I had an apple spice muffin at lunch and chamomile tea with honey

and for dinner I had chow mein noodles with peas, chicken, carrots, and red peppers and a glass of milk.

Not even once today did I think of my bladder or feel it, and I didn't worry about the diet either... lol I just went with what I felt looked good, and it actually happend to be on the diet list or close to it anyways without trying.

There are also a number of medications that can realy help (that you may take for a long period of time or not, it depends on your body).. for me I only take Emiron, and sometimes I take an antihistamine or a pyridium, (once in a blue moon). So it all depends on what works for you.

So hang in there, I know it is daunting and terrifying, but I came from a very dark place as well, and I can say now 95% (or more) of the time I am back to normal.

Jenn
                    Thank you for sharing that! Lol I needed it!!
                    Last edited by Blueshi; 09-14-2011, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X