Big MISTAKE on my part!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big MISTAKE on my part!!

I had a large iced decaf coffee yesterday with some milk. Boy oh boy... did I pay for that for the next 24 hours. I had decent bladder pain, urgency, pressure and over all uncomfortable until this morning.

I started having ice coffee's right around the time I started having these issues. I was never really a coffee drinker... I would on rare occasions but didn't feel it gave me issues over the course of my life.

I actually wanted to see how it felt since I cut out coffee's for the last couple of weeks. What was I thinking???????

I'm feeling better now.. I had some Eziekiel bread with cream cheese and salmon... along with cantaloupe and fennel tea. This I know doesn't bother me.

Looks like Coffee IS OUT!

What in the world would make me suddenly NOT be able to have a food I have had before... this is nuts!

I was exactly the same, I loved cofee but would only have maybe 3 a week.

A few weeks ago I decided to try it after being off it for a while. Ouch, never, ever again....flare lasted a week and a half.

I won't even try it with prelief!

Claire
    TMJ Dysfunction 2009
    Vulvodynia and/or PFD 2010
    IC, based on symptoms alone 2010.
    PCOS March 2012

8 month remission following the birth of my beautiful daughter Imogen Rose 25/12/12....currently flaring and hoping to get remission back, life without IC was amazing!

Currently using: IC Diet...pain meds as needed
    Medications / treatment tried and discounted:
    Fluconazole 150mg 1 per week for 6 months (yeast)
    Endep 25mg - 4months
    Lyrica 75mg - 2 months - FLARE
    Oxytrol patch - I think this caused retention.
    Countless creams, lotions and potions.
    Cystoprotek - no change in symptoms
    PT - for 1 year
    Various herbs and supplements

Comment

Coffee no more

I love coffee every morning. But I hated what happened afterwards! I would have to pee nonstop. Even if I was driving in town I would have to stop somewhere to pee. I urge to go would be so instant I wanted to cry. After I would pee I'd feel relief but soon after I'd have to go again. I realized coffee wasn't worth it and had to let it go. Then I found out a lot of foods do the same to me too. I'm now on a IC diet.

Comment

Coffee

It is so bizzare that we all have different reactions to everything from food/beverages to swimming pools.I stopped drinking coffee for about 9-12 mo. I now drink a small amount of coffee with extra half and half and have no negative reactions. I have had a couple of foods that I will NEVER touch again. Overall, I am lucky in the food department. Obviuosly I omitted the "biggies" (tomatoes, green tea, anything really acidic-I miss my o.j. and my lemonade). But I do drink peppermint tea (sometimes iced) and chamomile tea. I must admit after waiting for close to a year for coffee, I was thrilled to have a cup a few times a week. Maybe try giving it up for awhile and try later on with a low acid (low acid decaf also sold in grocery stores-it is usually in the heath food isle around here.) I suppose that is considered health food in KY. The best news is that I really did get used to doing without.

Comment

When I want an iced coffee, I dissolve some Pero (coffee substitute) in hot water, then add milk, ice, & sugar. It's not the same, but it's close enough for the craving...
          Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
          I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
          ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
          Source - Pinterest
          "

Current treatments:
          -IC diet
          -Elavil 50mg at night
          -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
          -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
          -Pyridium if needed,
          -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
          -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
          -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
          -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
          -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
          -Managing stress= VERY important!
          -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

Working...
          X