Pelvic Pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pelvic Pressure

I haven't been officially diagnosed with IC but 2 GP's that I consulted suspect it (still waiting for a uro appt which can take months). My frequency is not bad 5-7 times a day and a good volume of urine. What bothers me is urethral inflammation (sometimes burning, but haven't had it bad since starting the diet) and pelvic pressure. Sometimes when I stand or walk it feels as though my pelvic muscles can't hold up my pelvis, like it is hanging by threads. How does everyone else feel pelvic pressure? Do you think bladder inflammation causes this pressure? Thanks for your input!

Briza, thank you so much for your reply! My symptoms seem to alternate between discomfort in my urethra (burning and inflammation) and pelvic pressure. They don't seem to occur together. I forgot to mention that I need to throw in vulvar vestibulitis (mild). Perhaps the vv has more to do with perimenopause, I'm not sure. Do you think that the nerves are what gives us the sensation of urethral burning and pelvic pressure? I would just love to know what is actually occuring physiologically.

So far I have been dealing with this through diet, meditation, lite exercise, and soon to start acupuncture. I LOVE your story! It gives me great hope that I will not spiral into a tunnel of pain and despair. Thank you for sharing your story and for giving all of us some hope

Suzi

Comment

I was just thinking that I feel my bladder is about to fall out! It's the worst! I also feel everything in my urethra too. Sucks
      symptoms when in a flare:

I feel everything in my urethra but I know its really my bladder. Pressure, stinging, urgency,tingling feeling thats hard to describe.
      *I have a fibroid on my uterus near my bladder.

Medication
      100mg Amitripyline ( I have seriously gained almost 50lbs on this drug but I feel it works)
      Flexoril 10mg (doesn't work)
      Hydrocodone 5/325 PRN
      Cetalopram 40mg *severe anxiety over flare

Physical therapy hasnt really helped but I love her! I've learned so much! She states that my muscles around
      My urethra are very tight.

currently seeing a Gyn in my town and a Uro in Seattle (4 hrs away)

I have had lots of long term remissions. Currently been struggling with good & bad days since Jan 2012

find me on Facebook! Brandy Schildknecht Covington

Comment

I'm in the same situation at the moment as you all - this is probably the IC symptom that bugs me the most

I notice that even the slightest pressure on my lower abdomen (like right where the pubic hair starts, about 6 inches below my belly button) is really, really tender. Do you guys have this feeling too if you press in that area? Is that my bladder I'm "feeling"?
        Diagnosed with IC in 2005, since then have been diagnosed with an unspecified autoimmune disease, with inflammation in my bladder, colon, left knee, left ear, left eye, lungs and pericardium. Argh!

Medical research addict.

Comment

Yep, that's your bladder. That happens to me. Actually I sometimes press there to see if its sore because I feel everything in my urethra I wanna see if its really coming from my bladder and a lot of the time it is. It's weird how the nerves work like that.
          symptoms when in a flare:

I feel everything in my urethra but I know its really my bladder. Pressure, stinging, urgency,tingling feeling thats hard to describe.
          *I have a fibroid on my uterus near my bladder.

Medication
          100mg Amitripyline ( I have seriously gained almost 50lbs on this drug but I feel it works)
          Flexoril 10mg (doesn't work)
          Hydrocodone 5/325 PRN
          Cetalopram 40mg *severe anxiety over flare

Physical therapy hasnt really helped but I love her! I've learned so much! She states that my muscles around
          My urethra are very tight.

currently seeing a Gyn in my town and a Uro in Seattle (4 hrs away)

I have had lots of long term remissions. Currently been struggling with good & bad days since Jan 2012

find me on Facebook! Brandy Schildknecht Covington

Comment

Working...
          X