Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HRJ
    replied
    Are you doing clean catches where you pee in a cup? Those numbers might be consistent with contamination. My urologist likes to gather urine with a catheter - being the cleanest way.

Leave a comment:

• steelerfan
    replied
    One would think it’s an infection I agree? Maybe a flare from the surgery? How are you feeling now?

Leave a comment:

• jen74
    replied
    Yes it could be. I'm praying it calms down.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I really don't have an answer, but could it be because that's about the time we begin to feel better and start to be more active?

Leave a comment:

• jen74
    replied
    Donna, I had my primary care doctor send my urine to culture. I do not see an IC doctor anymore. They were never able to help me. My primary care was who helped me. I agree about the trauma from surgery, but why would it start up two weeks after?

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Is it your IC doctor doing the testing? An IC bladder can be more sensitive than a healthy one --- plus there's the added trauma of a surgery.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• jen74
    started a topic Urine culture question?

Urine culture question?

Hi everyone. I am a little over 4 weeks post op( laprascopic hysterectomy with Endometriosis excision). I had my IC pretty much under control for quite some time prior to surgery. Well for the last two and half weeks my bladder has Not been happy. I have had three urine cultures done within the last three weeks and the first one showed 10,000- 50,000 counts of Lactobacillus species. It says may represent colonizers from external gentatalia. They say additional organisms less than 10,000 isolated that are also commonly found on external and internal gentatalia. No further testing performed. The second one showed multiple organisms present less than 10,000 counts which are normally present on external and internal gentatalia. I just left another sample this last Friday and the results showed again 10,000- 50,000 counts of Lactobacillus species which they say are common on external and internal gentatalia, along with less than 10,000 counts of bacteria that are normal colonizers of the genitals. Well I'm having symptoms and wonder if this is indeed a infection. I mean to get three cultures showing some kind of growth , wouldn't this indicate a infection? Anyone else have this happen?
Working...
X