Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I'm so glad you're feeling better. There's a forum here with posts about intimacy --- it's been quite a while since any posts were made there, but there are some older discussions there that might help you. The only other comment I have is to suggest that you try one thing at a time --- I wait three or four days before anything new --- that way if something is a problem, I don't have to wonder which i was.

Stay well!
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• ICGamer
    replied
    After being extra careful today I found out it was the raspberry lemonade Gatorade, plus intimacy basically. I am thankful to have been following the diet more and it did really help. I am wondering if part of the problem isn't also the meds *Gabapentin and Baclofen*, seem to make things more acidic. I have been using Prelief religiously and it is helping a bit. So relieved and thank you for your help and suggestions. I know next time to eliminate things and see what happens. Very relieved because I was in less pain today, and less stress mentally. I have some research to do about the intimacy aspect next because that was probably at least 1/2 the issue.

Leave a comment:

• ICGamer
    replied
    I am taking a few deep breaths and trying to relax, I need to be very focused on drinks *Gatorade/anything besides water* and see if that stops the urethral pain and issues. My symptoms seem to be pinpointing to Urethral Syndrome from what I see. I reached out to the doctors but because it was Interstitial Cystitis/BPS they did not want to touch it so to speak, and I am in need of a new urologist. (We are planning to move near the Mayo Clinic in about a year.) Once I am only completely drinking water can I rule out anything else. Thank you for the support and your help.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Please let me know how you are doing.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• ICGamer
    replied
    After talking with my PT yesterday she mentions it might be a problem with the urethral area since it seems to happen no matter what I drink or eat. I am also having slight bladder leaks and more frequency, but I'm going to go further into diet modifying, keeping notes and wearing loose clothes.
    Last edited by ICGamer; 01-28-2021, 07:36 AM. Reason: Doctors office could not help.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    One thing you might consider is to avoid the Gatorade for a week or two --- then try a small amount every day for a few days --- that should tell you if it's a problem for you.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• ICGamer
    replied
    That right there might be my issue, I went straight for the pink ones. Is Gatorade OK during a flair at all, or are they also off limits? I am going to incorporate more into my diary as well like clothing, etc to see if I can pinpoint the issue. You have been a humongous help by the way and I appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    If you decide to go back to Gatorade, I suggest you avoid the pink ones. I don't really like it, but I can get away with blue.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• ICGamer
    replied
    I have been following your posts recently and I have been adding my drinks daily to the list, examining how they effect me. I was reading in the IC magazine as well or the app from ICN that Gatorade is OK but it is hit or miss (if I recall correctly, it said you have to test it out yourself) . That will be something to go without for awhile.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Have you tried keeping a diary to see if you can identify an elusive cause for your pain?

Donna

Leave a comment:

• ICGamer
    replied
    They said at the doctors office it is all clear and no UTI, but honestly I have never had a flair like this before. The estradiol may be a good thing to try.

Leave a comment:

• Songbird
    replied
    Estradiol helped. Or it’s a UTI?

Leave a comment:

• ICGamer
    started a topic new pain in flair question

new pain in flair question

I wanted to ask if this sounds all like IC- ontop of IC symptoms I am having urethal pain and burning that is consistent no matter what my diet is. This symptom is new to me and I'm not finding much info about this issue.
Working...
X