Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any idea's my kidney is hurting help

Hi everyone,
    i have a problem with my right kidney many of you know who i am i'm Rhonda i don't know what to do i have been on leviquin for over a week now things was getting better with my uti but now my kidney is hurting like i dont know what its a sharp steady pain that doesnt go away my uro had done many many test i have never had a stone before so i would think that is out I hope anyway.
    i wouldnt want to go threw that my son did back in Jan and was in the hosp for three days bless his heart. now everytime i say anything about my kidney hurting he saids its most likely ic pain in your back but for some reason i feel like its diff this time but dont think they are going to listen to me because they have tried and tried to figure it out in the pass. I know its diff.
    do any of you have any advice here to help me? i have had ic since 2001.
    thanks for your advice
    Rhonda.
    always believe in your self.

Hi Rhonda ,
    I like you also have had right side kidney pain for the last 2 years ! I did have lipotripsy done to crush a stone last July ! (which they told me would cure my kidney pain)Then my journey began ! I had chronic Uti's , worse kidney pain ,burning ,urgency and lived the night mare most of us have lived ! Thousands of urine samples later,blood work , IVP, ultrasounds you name it they did and some things 10 times , and too many doctors and uros to mention all saying we just dont know !Then 2 weeks ago I was diagnosed with IC and endometriosis . I still have blood in my urine and right side kidney pain ! The doctors are telling me like they told you its from the IC ! Im not totally convinced either ! I just keep going to the doctor in hopes they will figure it out! They actually told my husband when the cysto/hydro/laparoscopy was done that my kidney pain would be gone ! Boy they were wrong I actually think it hurts the same if not worse !I wish you alot of luck finding answers and I'll keep you in my prayers!
    Kelly
    To the world you might be one person but to one person you might be the world..
    I am a newbie Angel ~IC Angel Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Rhonda,

You don't have a choice. You HAVE To CALL your doctor ASAP!!!! Kidney pain is not normal... and you must get it checked out immediately. If it flares in the night, go to the ER.

Jill
      Would you like to talk with someone about your IC struggles? The ICN now offers personal coaching sessions that include myself, Julie Beyer RD on the diet and Dr. Heather Howard on Sexuality. http://www.icnsales.com/icn-personal-coaching/

Looking for books, magazines & reports on IC? Please visit the ICN Shop at: http://www.icnsales.com: Your ICN subscription & purchases in our shop support these message boards, chats and special events. BECOME AN ICN ANGEL TODAY!

Please remember that the information on the ICN is provided with the understanding that ICN, its founder, staff, volunteers, and participants are not engaged in rendering medical or professional medical services. We cannot and do not give medical advice. Only your personal physician can do this for you.

Comment

You really do need to call the doctor. If in fact it's a stone, you just can't get relief from them til it finally makes its way to your bladder. (Then in my case it was peeing fire when I passed it.)
        I hope you feel better soon. Just don't stay in pain too long before calling your md or whoever to get some relief.
        Tons of support,
        Jaime

IC angel helping families in need for the holidays. [email protected]

Comment

Have they done an Ultrasound? When I complained of minor kidney pain, they rushed me off to get looked at under ultrasound.....yikes, it was nothing but better safe than sorry...Hope you feel better soon.
          Somewhere there's a reason /Why things go like they do /Somewhere there's a reason /Why some things just fall through /We don't always see them /For what they really are /But I know there's a reason /Just can't see it from this far /Maybe I don't like it, /But I have no choice /I know that somewhere, /Someone hears my voice / I thought I knew it all /I thought I had it made /How could it end this way? /I thought I knew Somewhere there's a reason /Why things don't go my way /Somewhere there's a reason /That I cannot explain /Just like the change of season, /Just may not be my turn /But I know there's a reason, /The lesson's mine to learn

Comment

thanks everyone! I'm going to my family doctor in the morning and I will ask him about it so he can get in touch with my uro. for some reason two doctor work better then one even tho. I don't like my family doctor to mess with my ic How ever they did asked me if i wanted them to take over I told them no but thanks anyway lucky the doctor wife has ic so he knows about Not good she has ic but he knows how painful it can be and one of the rn's there has a roommate that has ic also.
            both women see my uro also.
            sorry about the name changes here.
            its worrying the heck out of me!!! I think my family doctor will call my uro and they will work something out or have me to come in to see my uro. My uro has gotten so busy lately its so hard to see him unless you have an appt mths ahead of time. use to i could call and they would take me right in.. Oh well. at least the demrol pills are helpin some with the pain now.
            but knocking me out on my butt I just sleep and sleep taking those things. hugs sent to all of you thanks so much.
            Rhonda
            Medicine taken daily or as needed:
            1. Heaprin and Marcaine rescue installment 1 to 3x daily as needed.
            2. MS.Cotin 100mg 3x daily
            3. MSIR 30mg 1 or 2 every 4-6hrs as needed for breakthrew pain.
            4. Fentanyl 100 mg Change every 48hrs.
            5. Gentamicin 80mg install after each rescue treatment
            5 Leviquin 500mg self start as needed.
            6. Klonopin 1 or 2 daily as needed.
            7. Prosed/DS as 1 every 6hrs as needed.

I have IC, but IC doesn't have me anymore!

Comment

Rhonda, I'm sending hugs!! You've been through so much lately.... please let us know what you find out. I really really hope you are ok!!!

Jen
              Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
              *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
              *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
              *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

the pain has let up i'm not sure if i had a stone or not maybe it was just the infection i had hope so but i'm feeling lots better now if the pain comes back i will take everyones advice and get my butt to the doctor or the er.
                thanks to you all for careing you are a wonderful family

Comment

Glad to hear your feeling better! Hope it stays that way ! Sometimes when I have a uti the pain goes to my kidney ! (it hurts like heck ) ! I hope it does't start to hurt again but if it does I am glad you said you would go to the ER!
                  Kelly:
                  To the world you might be one person but to one person you might be the world..
                  I am a newbie Angel ~IC Angel Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Hey Rhonda,

Glad to hear that you are feeling somewhat better. I totally agree with all the ladies about not just over looking it and you have to remember also that with the pain meds you are on that it is actually I am sure covering up alot of the kidney pain just imagine if you werent taking anything that is what scares me maybe covering up a real problem! I just want you to be feeling so much better and glad to hear that you on the right road now.
                    Now on the flip side I do have to tell you that I have been hospitalized twice with unbelievable flank pain on the left side to the point where i was actually getting sick and went to ER. I was admitted for 3 days for all the testing and stuff but everything came up ok. Now my Uro tells me that it really is not that uncommon to have terrible flank pain with a IC flare especially. I have had it ever since I can remember my IC problems starting.
                    Dont over look it but i also really believe that IC pain really can make horrible flank pain no doubt.
                    Just be careful I want you to be ok
                    Kim

Comment

thank you very much.
                      Yes i agree that the demrol is covering up alot of the pain i wouldnt be sitting here if i didn't have somthing for the pain but it does feel better i can sit back on a chair without stapping pains now. its been a rough road lately but i made it threw with the help of my ic family.

Comment

Hey Rhonda,

I think its great you are seeing your doc tomorrow about this, it could come back if its a stone so better to find out whats behind all the pain. Also, I believe kidney infections are quite painful, so maybe your uti made its way to the kidney.

Hope you feel better soon, you have had a rough few weeks!!

Cath
                        One day at a time

Comment

Working...
                        X