lower back pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lower back pain

I am having a lot of lower back pain. Does anyone else have this? I've always had right kidney pain, but this is different. My entire lower back hurts if I do anything for more than a couple of minutes. Thanks
    carly

Now that I know what I have (IC) I realize that my low back pain that I have been suffering for for years (and still do)has been because of it. My chiropractor told me that he calls it "refer" pain. There are "trigger points" in the back that refer or send signals to the abdomen I.E. bladder and visa versa. I believe this is why (some) people can be helped with Acupuncture because it along with Chiropractic techniques envolve dealing with these points. My chiropractor has showed me some exercises which seem to help. They all envolve stretching the low back so that it does not become tight. When it is tight, that is when you are more apt to hurt it and when it is weak. I do stretching exercises which envolve, sit downs (as opposed to sit ups), and leg raisers. These both target the low back and lower abs and keep them stretched out and limber. Walking is also a very good exercise to help the low back. If you do not have a good chiropractor he may be able to help. I have one who sure has helped me. Good luck.

Comment

If this is a new pain, my best suggestion is to see your primary care physician. Unfortunately, IC doesn't make us immune to other problems --- it's best to rule out other things before we assume a new pain is from the IC.

"When in doubt --- check it out."

Warm healing thoughts,
      Donna
      Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
      Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
      Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
      [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

I also get lower back pain. I just had a flare a few days ago, and my back (low down, near the top of my pelvis) was absolutely killing me. In addition, during the flare, I could feel my bladder spasm and it hurt in the front too...if I sat down too hard/wrong everything would throb. Like Aspencad, now that my uro says there is a strong possibility that this is IC (have to wait for hydro/cysto to be 100% sure), I have an explanation for why this back pain keeps recurring. Before, I had thought that the back pain and the frequency/urgency were totally unrelated, but even my uro said it was probably referred pain from the bladder without batting an eye when I saw her on Monday, so this is apparently a fairly common thing.
        Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
        *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
        *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
        *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

I have always had lower back pain with ic, not fun hopefully your doctor will find something to help I take flexeril.
          Brat
          'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Hi Carly,

I get that lower back pain too with my IC. It is just the pits!!!

Hope you feel better soon.

Hugs and love,
            Jess grouphug kissing
            Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

Comment

Carly Hi I hope by now you are feeling at least a little better kissing
              I also have back pain and have had it for years..and at times I really get bad pain... banghead .. and leg and feet aches so bad too! :o . ..always something...
              Be good to You! grouphug
              Brenda
              ALYSSA'S_GRANDMA
              OBEY ACTS 2:38
              "ENCOURAGE SOMEONE"
              "Brenda"
              Remember you are not alone in your pain:Ask Jesus to hold your hand...HE WILL!!!!!!

Comment

I have terrible back pain. In fact I am going to my Doc on Monday because it is too much for me . Lying on ice helps. The smallest activity justs knocks me over. The past 2 weeks have just been hell so I am hoping and praying,Dear Lord, please, let me get some relief soon.

Comment

Hi Carly,
                  I have low back pain for many years. Sometimes it is so strong that it puts me into my bed for a week or more. What helps me are special exercises for low back pain. They are very gentle and can decrese your pain. I try to go for a short walk also every day. I notice when I go for a walk my low back feels better afterwards for a while. Sometimes I rub my low back with Bengay and wrap a thick wool sweater aroung my lower back and walk that way for a whole day around the house. Wool has healing properties. That what my grandmother told me and it is helpful. I can understand how you suffer from your pain. I hope it will go away and you would feel yourself much better. I wish I could help you more but it is so diffucult to help with low back pain. Eventually it will go away.
                  All my best wishes to you, grouphug
                  Olga

Comment

Hi Carly,

Hope you have gotten some relief. I stongly belief in what aspencad said. I've been seeing my chiro about 18 months, before my ic diagnosis. He does adjustments, acupucute, and has shown me special back exercises to build the back muscles. I started the acup. about 6 mos. ago and do notice an improvement. Ice on the back is wonderful too, never ever heat. You can even use a bag of frozen veggies. I still get flares and when I follow the the above they go away.

It is difficult to find a great chiro, especially one well versed in acupucture Mine's teacher was well versed in ic and has instructed him. I've seen magazine articles on acuputure for ic and there mixed. I really think the acupucture along with adjustments and back strenghting are the key for me. I'm not able to walk, exercise of get out like I used to due to constant pain.

Best wishes to you,
                    Julie kissing

Comment

I also get back pain. I use heat, I love my heating pads, and Therma Care patches!!!!!!! Good Luck!

Comment

Funny you should ask that! Back pain ios the whole reason I went to the doctors to begin with. Throbbing and constant uncomfortable feeling! I have had this since September and finally was diagnosed on Jan 2 of this year. I am grateful I know the cause, but how to releive this I am still unsure. I am on Elmiron, Ditropan, and something zI take at night. None of it helps with backpain. For me ice or heat doesnt help either. I am trying to just deal with it. On really bad days Ill take some sort of pain releif, tylenol or something but nothing really seems to help. I do beleive its common symptom of IC. Everyone seems to have it! Good luck! And Best Wishes!
                        Some day I'll get all of htis into check and learn how to live life with IC. Until then, learn, ask, search and pray. Take care, Coleen

Comment

hi, I also suffer with back pain, have been dealing with it the past week. I find heat helps me, I use a heating pad, and it feels good. I am going to try and find the new Therma wrap pad that has been advertised lately. I know, I am pretty sure, mine is connected to my IC, as I have never suffered back pain until I was diagnosed with IC. Hope you can find some relief soon, hugs Iris. hi hat
                          Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

Thank-you for your responses. I did try the heating pad and it helped a lot. I will mention this to my uro, but I think it most likely is from the IC. THANKS!
                            carly

Comment

Hi did find the new Therma wrap that has come out, and it is great. It lasts for eight hours, and I have it on right now, and it really helps. Glad the heating pad worked for you. Take care Iris. hi
                              Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X