Tired, anyone else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tired, anyone else?

When I'm flaring and having significant symptoms, I get bone tired, where it is an effort to walk across the room and do anything.

I know I'm tired from getting up so much at night to go, but some days my tiredness seems more pervasive than from a lack of sleep. I'm not on any pain meds, so the tiredness can't be related to meds. Can coping with pain just drain it out of you?

Is this a common symptom of IC? Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

baby hugs from Carla

Carla,
    DITTO! I do take pain meds tho but my lack of function is not from them. I have IC fibro, myfascial pain syndrom... I'll stop there lmao
    Brat
    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Hey Carla....I am ALWAYS bone tired. Every day.I also run a fever, and figure that has something to do with me feeling so tired baby Anyone for a nap??? wink grouphug Love, Sheri hi
      Wishing you the best, today, tomorrow, and always! Sheri G

Comment

I explained the same thing to my doctor, like I'm even too tired to talk. I have FM and CFIDS, but I think IC makes you tired to. When I flare, all I want to do is stay in bed and sleep. frown
        Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

Comment

Pain alone can tire you out, not to mention the added stress of urinating during the nite when flaring. Hope the flare passes quickly for you. hi Kathi
          One Day At A Time
          Kathi

Comment

Oh, I can totally sympathize... I am exhausted. :o
            I think flaring just saps all my strength...

grouphug grouphug

Jen
            Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
            *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
            *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
            *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Thank you to all for validating what I have been feeling. kissing

I'm normally such an energetic person that it had me wondering if other ICers were feeling the same way.

I finally was able to get a stronger pain med late today, so hopefully I can get a decent night's sleep tonight.

I made some chicken soup to baby myself, too baby Thanks again! Carla

Comment

I totally agree I have been tired for a year now. I think the stress of not knowing why I was in sooo much pain made me incrediably tired and bumbed!
                Now I know I have IC and I'm still tired espically when the pain kicks in.
                Kelly
                To the world you might be one person but to one person you might be the world..
                I am a newbie Angel ~IC Angel Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Pain is extremely tiring --- any time I am in pain all I want to do is sleep.

Warm hugs,
                  Donna
                  Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
                  Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
                  Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                  [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

When I have a flare everything else flares at the same time. My body seems to go through this autoimmune war against my body.
                    You should probably be checked for fibromyalgia. So many of us have it.
                    Good luck and you are not alone.
                    Ginny

Comment

Hi,

Count me in...when my IC acts up, I feel verrry tired. When it acts up really badly, unfortunately, I just want to sleep but I can't because of the constant need to go! (I think that's a bit of a catch-22 for all of us!).

Wishing you all a good long nap! kissing

Shelley

Comment

I'm tired all the time, but I have a hard time falling asleep plus the waking up every two hours to go to the bathroom, but some day's I feel just drained, I also have the problem of my mind keeps thinking has I'm trying to fall asleep I tell my self to just fall asleep and try not to think but find my self in the middle of another thought then I have to go to the bathroom over and over again till finally I fall asleep, just to wake up two hours later to do the whole thing again I wonder why I try to sleep sometimes, but here I am posting this at 5:00 in the morning with no sleep yet but I was laying in bed for three hours but have to get up till it's hard to keep my eye's open in order to fall asleep faster, yes I know I have problems I want to take sleeping pill's but I'm afraid of umm peeing the bed, or not being able to fall back asleep after waking.
                        GOD, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

ditto on the being tired all the time.
                          I feel like i literally never get any rest....because i don't. I get up like ever 30-60 minutes all night long.......so actually getting any sleep that is restful doesn't work. The doctor gave me tranzene so i could relax and not worry and maybe sleep but to be honest it doesn't really work. I still wake up the same amount of times and i think that taking that actually makes me feel even more tired and drained.
                          I haven't slept since last april......i kid you not. That is when my flare started and has continued ever since. I never realized what lack of sleep does to your mind and body and now i know.
                          If anyone has any suggestions on how to get any rest or sleep. Please let me know.
                          I was just this past week diagnosed again with IC. years ago when it first came out with an actual name my urolgist told me thats what he thought i had but there wasn't a test for it. Then the last couple of years i have test after test but now i have just started elmiron so i hope that will eventually help......
                          gloriabono

Comment

Working...
                          X