kidney pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kidney pain

I stared having a flare on Monday but in addition to my usual symptoms of genital pain and frequency I'm also have a dull pain over my left kidney. This kidney is deformed and only has about 10% usage. I'm wondering if anyone else gets pain in their kidneys? Thanks Sue

My IC started after I had an infection in my kidney. I have a lot of kidney pain also. The heating pad really helps with my kidney pain. Good luck!
    carly

Comment

Hi Susan and Carly,

I get flank pain when I flare. It is awful and it hurts so much, but my kidneys are functioning ok. I hope you feel better soon!

Hugs and love,
      Jess
      Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

Comment

I use to not have much back pain until i got a kidney infection my bladder infection went untreated and sit up in my kideny and i ended up in the hosp for five days haveing to take anti treatment threw an iv. i use to worry alot after that every time my back hurt but my uro said that alot of ic pat. has there ic in there back
        if this is a new pain for you i would be seen asap! exp. if you have fever or vomiting hope you feel better soon.
        any new pain should be checked out if it donest go away quickly. ((((((Hugs)))))))) keep us posted on how you are.
        Medicine taken daily or as needed:
        1. Heaprin and Marcaine rescue installment 1 to 3x daily as needed.
        2. MS.Cotin 100mg 3x daily
        3. MSIR 30mg 1 or 2 every 4-6hrs as needed for breakthrew pain.
        4. Fentanyl 100 mg Change every 48hrs.
        5. Gentamicin 80mg install after each rescue treatment
        5 Leviquin 500mg self start as needed.
        6. Klonopin 1 or 2 daily as needed.
        7. Prosed/DS as 1 every 6hrs as needed.

I have IC, but IC doesn't have me anymore!

Comment

This is something you should not take lightly, especially if you feel bad and have a fever. I wound up in the ER, they said I had a UTI, sent me home on Levaquin, then a few days later, I was in EXCRUCIATING pain in both kidneys, so bad I couldnt take a deep breath, and wound up in the hospital, admitted, for 3 days of ampicillin and gentamycin and a 103 degree fever.

There was a question whether or not I was passing stones, but according to my Uro, I was not passing stones, according to the ER doc, there were "changes that appeared stones had been passed", so, I dont know, but stones dont always cause a fever unless there is an infection with it.

Please dont mess around, get to the doc and find out whats wrong. I dont want you to go through what I did. I had an E. Coli infection and was sicker than I have been in my entire life and thats not exagerating!

Take care, Sandy

ps. I dont mean to scare you, but some things just cant wait, and this is one of them.

Comment

Working...
          X