No announcement yet.

How many have burning during urination?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many have burning during urination?

Hi everyone... I was just wondering how many of you actually have urethral burning, either all the time or during urination?

I don't really get it and I'm wondering if it is atypical not to. In fact, even during UTI's I don't get it. This might sound like a good thing, but it is actually not... in the past, because there's been no burning, by the time I realized I had a UTI it had climbed all the way up to my kidneys and I was deathly ill.

The only time I've had it is when I've been dumb and decided to have sex while my symptoms are flaring up... in that case I got urethral burning twice, and bad!! Very weird. However, I do have pelvic and back pain/pressure, very frequent urination, and sometimes, a sensation that my bladder and urethra are "tender", usually during urination but sometimes just sitting here. It just feels weird....
    Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
    *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
    *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
    *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Hmm I don't really get urethral burning, it just feels really hot when I urinate, like I'm peeing fire sometimes. Hard to explain. But I keep a cold water bottle that I can spritz after I use the restroom so the burning sensation goes away.
    Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

Comment

The only time I get what I would call burning is if I eat or drink a trigger food or have an infection.

Donna
      Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
      Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
      Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
      [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

the only time i get that type of burning is with a nasty uti which i have now.
        you might should go get your urine checked for an infection
        Medicine taken daily or as needed:
        1. Heaprin and Marcaine rescue installment 1 to 3x daily as needed.
        2. MS.Cotin 100mg 3x daily
        3. MSIR 30mg 1 or 2 every 4-6hrs as needed for breakthrew pain.
        4. Fentanyl 100 mg Change every 48hrs.
        5. Gentamicin 80mg install after each rescue treatment
        5 Leviquin 500mg self start as needed.
        6. Klonopin 1 or 2 daily as needed.
        7. Prosed/DS as 1 every 6hrs as needed.

I have IC, but IC doesn't have me anymore!

Comment

My primary symptom is urethral burning and I don't mean just burning only during urination, I mean all the time. Pelvic pain is secondary to the burning and that seering feeling makes me crazy. I do take pain medications that help take the edge off. My Uro/Gyn that I had in Utah said that primary urethral burning is stubborn and difficult to treat but she had no idea why. I have one other IC friend that experiences the constant fire down below and is just as miserable as I am.

I hope this helps.

Lisa
          "The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved." Victor Hugo

Comment

Lisa, My primary symptom is also ureathal pain
            and burning. I refer to it as a feeling of a
            big ulser between my legs. I also have a lot
            of pelvic and rectal pain. Everyone seems to
            experience different problems. My prayer is
            that each of us will fine some kind of relief.
            (((HUGS))) Rita

Comment

i have burning every time i use the restroom with varying degrees. when i'm in a flare it's really bad, other times it's just the way it is.

Comment

My symptoms of pain and burning are always worse after I urinate. Sometimes I get it while I am urinating, but the worst is afterwards.

Comment

My symptoms of pain and burning are always worse after I urinate.

Comment

It's hard to explain, but it feels "burn-y" all the time during an IC flare.

It's a different feeling than if I had a UTI. For me, if or when I have a UTI, I will have a distinct severe, sharp burn at the end of the stream. That's how I tell the difference, and whether I need to get a culture or not.

Take care, Carla

Comment

My daughter (6 yrs old) also often complains of urethral pain, during flares and UTI's. This is usually her primary cause of discomfort. Now it is difficult to know if UTI is cleared up or if this is still the IC flare. I was beginning to worry that maybe she also has vulvodynia (SP?)but maybe this burning just goes along with the IC.

Comment

I am relieved but puzzled. One of my main symptoms has been urethral burning and since I started on Elmiron (only 2 weeks) I have not had any burning. What does anyone think? I feel totally different (in a good way) than I have in a long, long time down there.

October

Comment

I have some mild urethral burning when I am flared. if it is BAD burning I know it's a UTI, but mild can be part of my flares.

October - Elmiron helped relieve my burning so I guess it could be helping you earlier than most.
                          Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

My main symptom now is the urethral burning...but not any when I go to the bathroom...but most of the time in between...especially if I eat or drink anything I shouldn't....which is most things...
                            BobbieB

Comment

I Always have burning in the urethral area. It seem worse a week befor the time of the month.
                              Kiyoka

Comment

Working...
                              X