Spasms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spasms

Has anyone found anything that helps to get rid of spasms or make them less frequent?
    J.J.

I took a break from the forum for awhile.

diagnosed with IC Oct.2006
    diagnosed with IBS Nov. 2006

Just keep swimming Just keep swimming...

I take hyoscyamine when I get spasms. There are several smooth muscle relaxants available, bit it's the one I prefer.

Donna
    Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
    Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Detrol LA helps with my frequency...The only problem is, I have IBS constipation so I had to stop it...it may work for you though were all different!

Erika
      IC diagnosed officially via cysto/urodynamics 1/26/07

Grade II Endometriosis diagnosed via lap 12/11/07

"Fall down seven times, Stand up eight."

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think."

Current Treatments:
      Interstim Since 5/25/07!
      Birth Control

Comment

Enablex has really helped me..
        Hugs
        Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
        http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
        http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
        Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
        Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
        Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
        Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

pyridium, camamile tea and a heating pad. Good luck, sorry your going through this.
          Minds are like parachutes-they ony function when they are open.
          -Thomas DeWar-

ICN Newbie Volunteer

*ICN Angel Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Thanks for all your help everyone...I prefer to stay off medication if it's possible.
            J.J.

I took a break from the forum for awhile.

diagnosed with IC Oct.2006
            diagnosed with IBS Nov. 2006

Just keep swimming Just keep swimming...

Comment

Don't know what to tell you, if you aren't able to take meds. Valium and a heating pad usually work for me. Heating pad alone is better than nothing but it's never enough to take down my spasms.

Maybe you could learn meditation or guided relaxation? I've heard some people say they've had success that way.
              Je vous souhaite de la joie, de la bonne santée, et tout ce qu'il y a de bon dans la vie.
              Wishing you happiness and good health, and all the best out of life.

Peace, Carolyn

Laura (11), Susannah (12 1/2) and Maman (that's me!), North Wildwood NJ, September 2007

On the Beach with IC

Comment

I use a heating pad or Zanaflex for mine if they are severe. Hope you find something that works soon.

Hugs,
                Barb
                (Babs passed away in April 2009. We honor her memory and remember her fondly. - Jill O. ICN President & Founder)

[SIZE="1"]Proud mama of a gift named Lindsey who taught me through her autism what is important in life:angel:
                :angel: IC Angel Volunteer Coordinator :angel:
                :) Contact me via PM or e-mail if you would like to help
                I have learned all about life in 3 words: It goes on! :D--Robert Frost
                PCOS 7/85
                RSD 7/94 :headbang:
                Endometriosis 9/98 :toilet:
                Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome 9/99
                Kidney stones--too many to count
                Factor V Leiden mutation 10/02
                IC 6/03 :evilsmile
                Deep Venous Thrombosis and Cellulitis 12/05 :loco: DVT and Greenfield Placed 3/14/08
                "Spirit is an invisible force made visible in all of life"--Maya Angelou
                "Ohana means family--no one gets left behind or forgotten." Stitch[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Comment

I know what you mean about trying to stay off the meds. I reach for the most natural cure I can find first, then try meds. And when the spasms start, I go for the adhesive heating pads. The ones they sell in the ICN Shop are awesome. Just the right amount of heat, the price is good and you can buy them in quantity. If that is not quite enough I do well with Mobic - an anti-inflammatory. And the final piece to my "arsenal" is pyridium.

When I come home from work each day, I take 30 minutes for myself. I lay down for a power nap and use an electric heating pad on my abdomen. I do this whether I have pain or not. This helps relieve the stress of the day - and is a proactive way of heading off any stress related flares.

Comment

Elavil

Elavil has been a God send for urethral spasms and pelvic floor spasms for me.
                    SAmmi

Sammi

Meds: Melatonin 3mg @ bedtime if needed. Estrogen 1.5 mg troche and 0.1 mg Estrace cream.
                    Diagnosis: IC, PFD (both in remission)

Comment

I taake urised.. and camp out with my loving heating pad. then call and complain to my best friend.
                      'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

heating pads work best for me. Just takes off the edge of the pain.
                        hope you feel better soon :-)
                        Started with symptoms 2004 after a severe infection.
                        Was diagnosed with IC Feb 2006 after cystoscopy.
                        Diagnosed with vulvodyina and PN in july 2006.
                        Dignosed with ME and IBS Oct 2006.
                        Currently taking Amytriptaline 50mg, regular pain killers and birth control!
                        Also doing IC diet and regular use of heat packs.
                        Still struggling with IC and controling my symptoms so looking for some help

also recently had abnormal pap, CIN III and just had LEEP done 2007

Comment

Valium, yoga bearing down pose, moist heating pad, hot bath, trigger point on pelvic bones, abdominal massage, sometimes tens. Sometimes I get on my treadmill and go as fast as I can to get those endorphins going. It's agony to get started, but most of the time they do kick in.
                          8/2007 - My constant bladder pain is now gone due to a surgery where the ilioinguinal and iliohypogastic nerves were cut. I still have IC symptoms but they are improving. It's still early to say, but I believe this solution will work permanently for me.

Symptoms since 2005 - 24/7 abdominal pain, cold sweats, low back pain, vulv, etc.
                          Surgeries: Spinal Fusion L4-L5-S1 10/97, Anterior spinal fusion L5-S1 9/05, Lap for Cysts, Endo 9/06, Hysterectomy kept cervix 12/06
                          Meds: Morphine, Neurontin, Valium, Hydroxyzine, Vivelle Estrogen, Thyroid,
                          Exercise & PT: All at least 4 times a week
                          Whirlpool baths, Moist heat, Treadmill, Stretching, Trigger point, Yoga Positions; Ab & Pelvic Massage

Comment

Working...
                          X