leg cramping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leg cramping

I have been having my calfs cramping alot lately and last night was the WORST. I have not had anything like this before I started on the meds for IC. Could it be the meds I take causing this? I take elmiron and hydroxzine before bed. For the last 6 weeks I have been taking Prelief and AZO b/f each meal. I wondered if the AZO could be causing this. I hate to change much b/c I am doing pretty well with no major flare ups and the pressure, pain and cramping is better.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    The happiest people don't neccessarily have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that comes their way!!

Meds:
    IC: Elmiron, Tofranil, Hydroxyzine, Prosed DS, stool softener
    UC: Asacol

Have you been on the IC diet? It sounds like maybe your dehydrated or not getting enough potassium. Just something to look into!

Erika
    IC diagnosed officially via cysto/urodynamics 1/26/07

Grade II Endometriosis diagnosed via lap 12/11/07

"Fall down seven times, Stand up eight."

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think."

Current Treatments:
    Interstim Since 5/25/07!
    Birth Control

Comment

Oh yes, I have been watching everything I eat. But I still eat bananas and potatoes, which have potassium, so I felt like it could be the medication. I will increase my water intake, if I can w/o gagging. I drink quite alot already.

Further note, when I had the severe cramping last night I got up and drank two big glasses of water and then didn't need to pee for 4 hours. So that could be a big clue! DUH
      The happiest people don't neccessarily have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that comes their way!!

Meds:

Comment

Leg Cramping

I ALSO HAVE SEVERE LEG CRAMPING. I DRINK PLENTY OF WATER ALSO, I FEEL LIKE IT STARTS AT THE BOTTOM OF MY CALF THEN AS IT INCREASES IN PAIN IT MAKES THE WHOLE CALF CRAMP. THEY HAVE BEEN ADJUSTING MY MEDICATION, THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE ATTRIBUTED TO THAT. AS LITTLE SLEEP AS I GET, THE LEG CRAMPS WILL WAKE YOU RIGHT NOW. IT'S HARD ENOUGH WITH IC & HAVE THE LEG CRAMPS THAT WILL MAKE YOU PEE.

Comment

Hummmmmmmmmmm...I would suggest seeing your doctor. I have heard that leg cramps in the calf especially can be a sign of a serious condition. If water isn't helping that could alert you to something. SandyRn may be able to chime in here and explain better than me!

Erika
          IC diagnosed officially via cysto/urodynamics 1/26/07

Grade II Endometriosis diagnosed via lap 12/11/07

"Fall down seven times, Stand up eight."

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think."

Current Treatments:
          Interstim Since 5/25/07!
          Birth Control

Comment

leg cramps

I talked to my doctor about the leg cramping when I saw him Friday. He took a blood sample to check my levels. So I will let you know what the results are when I find out.

Meds:

Comment

Working...
            X