Hot flashes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot flashes?

I wasn't sure where to put this thread, so hopefully this is okay...

For maybe the last 3-4 weeks, I've been having crazy hot flashes...at least 10-15 per day. I have checked my temperature numerous times during the flash and I don't have a significant rise, so it's not a fever. Also, I had hot flashes years ago when I had to take lupron, so I am familiar with how they feel.

I only have one ovary left out of my entire reproductive system, and I am really hoping that it's not failing me now! But I just have no idea what might be causing this. I haven't started or stopped any meds recently, either.

My mom did go through early menopause, but I believe she was in her late 30s or early 40s, and I am ten years away from that, so I just don't know...

Help! Does anyone know what could be causing this and/ or what I can do to help? I do have an appointment scheduled with a new gyn for March 22nd. I am finally having to leave my old doc (he's been my gyn pretty much since I've had a gyn) because he's about an hour and 15 minutes away, and with the IC and fibro, I really just can't stomach the drive anymore.

Thanks in advance!
    Claudia

~Claudia

"A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others."
    ~ The Wizard of Oz

"If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own
    back yard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with!" ~ Dorothy

Since you are familiar with what hot flashes feel like from the Lupron (as am I...they suck, don't they???) I think early menopause is a definite possibility. I know this thread is on the older side, but what did the doc say?
    32 years old

former Med/Surg RN

endometriosis x 13 years (with attempted/ failed complete removal in June 2008), IC diagnosed with cysto/hydrodistention April 2007, second cysto/hydro in June 2008

Comment

Classic

If you have only one ovary left, I would guess it is not functioning as it used to. You should ask your doctor for a blood estradiol test which should be over 100, and an FSH an LH which will determine how far and if you are in menopause. I assume you are taking no estrogen replacement?
      SAmmi

Sammi

Meds: Melatonin 3mg @ bedtime if needed. Estrogen 1.5 mg troche and 0.1 mg Estrace cream.
      Diagnosis: IC, PFD (both in remission)

Comment

Working...
      X