Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gypsyjoy
    replied
    I am taking Elavil and sleep meds and I am still up every 60-90 minutes. And Donna you are right about a full night sleep after Hydro. I am goiing to ask my Dr. about this. I just wondered if anyone on the board has or had tried doing this to sleep a full night.

JOY

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    That's one of the good things I think about when I have a hydrodistention. I have a foley catheter overnight so I can get a full night of wonderful sleep. Have you asked your doctor about doing one at home occasionally?

Donna

Leave a comment:

• jen74
    replied
    I would not use a cath unless it was absolutely nessasary. Just the thought of all the pain a cath would cause me makes me shrudder. That is my biggest fear, needing a cath. I could not tolerate the pain I dont think. Maybe ask your doctor about something to take to help you sleep. Have you ever tried ativan?
    Jen

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    replied
    Hi! Have you tried Elavil? It helps calm the bladder.......ends frequency (or slows it way down) and Lunesta? I take both and sleep the whole night thru every night. Good luck! Roxie

Leave a comment:

• gypsyjoy
    replied
    Personally, I would really like to see as many opinions as possible . I have never really had a bad reaction to a cath, so long as it is small enough not to bother my urethra.

To be honest all I want is a full night sleep ...it has been 3 years now and it is making me a wee bit wacko!!!!!!

JOY

Leave a comment:

• asmashly
    replied
    I personnally think caths make ic worse.

Leave a comment:

• gypsyjoy
    started a topic Severe frequency

Severe frequency

Has anyone tried using a cath/ bag just to sleep? I am up 8-10 times every night and sleep deprivation has become a BIG issue!! Not only are my moods affected but my think process is also.
    Thanks for any insight.
    JOY
    Last edited by gypsyjoy; 03-20-2007, 06:36 PM. Reason: spelling
Working...
X