X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• actinga
    replied
    any other brands?

Some people have mentioned the Trader Joe's low-acid coffee but are there any others? I don't think the caffeine affects me like the acid does.

I read in my IC cookbook that 3 factors affect the acidity:
    1) type of bean (least acidic beans are from the Indonesian Islands--Java & Sumatra)
    2) roasting process (longer=less acidic, look for very dark brown shiny beans)
    3) brewing method

I'm having a hard time finding info on types of low-acid beans and brands online.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Low acid coffee tastes like any coffee, but it doesn't have the bitter taste of some coffees.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Moonheart
    replied
    Can someone tell me how the low acid coffee tastes please? How does it compare to regular coffee, or a latte?

Leave a comment:

• shelbyriva
    replied
    Thanks Sami and Kadi. I will try the Puroroast coffee. It's nice to get some others opinions!!! Much appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    I like the Puroast House Blend Decaf. Yes, it smells like coffee & tastes like coffee, very mild though. I am super diet sensitive, so I make mine in the Toddy maker* (which further reduces the acid), dilute it with milk & take Prelief. I love it! (Especially with sugar, over ice)
    *available in the ICN shop - linked at the top of this page

Leave a comment:

• sami4
    replied
    Low acid coffee

I have tried and liked Puroroast coffee, it tastes like regular. I also found out I could use AJ's house blend which says low acid beans on the package. I put 2 Preleif tabs in a spoon and crush to a powder, stir it into the coffee and have had good luck with this. I drink mine black.
    Sammi

Leave a comment:

• shelbyriva
    started a topic Low Acid Coffee

Low Acid Coffee

Has anyone tried Puroast Low Acid Coffee? Does it work for IC sufferers and if anyone has tried it......Does it taste like coffee? I bought an organic coffee substitute once and thought I was going to die from the smell once I opened the can.......couldn't even get the courage to brew a pot!
Working...
X