• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Re: muscle relaxers

Originally posted by Andreeuh View Post
    Thank you for the clarification; but I have a suggestion. Perhaps you shouldn't quote anyone's post specifically when addressing everyone and not just them. On the other forums I belong to it's common practice to only quote user's messages when you're addressing that person or something in their post. /.02
    That's what I usually do unless there are multiple posts --- and it's the only way to clarify which one I'm responding to. There were a lot of posts in this thread and not really any other way to indicate which post I was responding to.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Andreeuh
    replied

Originally posted by ICNDonna View Post
    I think it's great that you are working with your doctor --- my comment was to encourage people who read your post and consider the option to talk with their doctors. I didn't mean to accuse you at all; it was a precaution to others.

Donna
    Thank you for the clarification; but I have a suggestion. Perhaps you shouldn't quote anyone's post specifically when addressing everyone and not just them. On the other forums I belong to it's common practice to only quote user's messages when you're addressing that person or something in their post. /.02

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied

My doctor is the one who prescribes them to me and told me to use them vaginally. I am not stupid...

ETA: Please point out where I said I wasn't going through my doctor or using my doctor's advice and I'll gladly apologize.
    I think it's great that you are working with your doctor --- my comment was to encourage people who read your post and consider the option to talk with their doctors. I didn't mean to accuse you at all; it was a precaution to others.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Andreeuh
    replied

Originally posted by ICNDonna View Post
    Please talk with your doctor before changing the ordered route of administration of any medication.

Donna
    My doctor is the one who prescribes them to me and told me to use them vaginally. I am not stupid...

ETA: Please point out where I said I wasn't going through my doctor or using my doctor's advice and I'll gladly apologize.
    Last edited by Andreeuh; 09-21-2015, 08:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied

I insert oral Valium vaginally. It's pretty much the only thing that works when I am having spasms. I thought about getting the suppositories but when I saw the cost...whew. I'll gladly lay down with my legs propped up for 15 minutes for it to dissolve instead.
    Please talk with your doctor before changing the ordered route of administration of any medication.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Andreeuh
    replied

Originally posted by kellienoel View Post
    My dr won't prescribe valium..she prescribed baclofen which is a muscle relaxer.
    Oh, I know. And I am sorry for that. I have never heard of it but I hope Baclofen works well for you! I was directing my comment more to the general theme of this thread, not specifically to you. Sorry for the confusion.

Leave a comment:

• kellienoel
    replied

My dr won't prescribe valium..she prescribed baclofen which is a muscle relaxer.

Leave a comment:

• Andreeuh
    replied

I insert oral Valium vaginally. It's pretty much the only thing that works when I am having spasms. I thought about getting the suppositories but when I saw the cost...whew. I'll gladly lay down with my legs propped up for 15 minutes for it to dissolve instead.

Leave a comment:

• kellienoel
    replied

Originally posted by jesamyn View Post
    I take valium for general relaxation and anxiety surrounding my IC, but the real relaxation comes from Baclifin. Baclifin is supposedly non-addictive, and can be taken 3 times per day...suggest it! I hope you feel better!!

Jesamyn
    Did u take it vaginally?

Leave a comment:

• ihurttoo
    replied
    You are welcome! Wow! You are a couselor! I am impressed! You must be a very giving person by nature to choose that profession. Though it must be exhausting listening to the problems of others all day and never being able to share yours!

But, now that you have found us, you have got an outlet now! It IS wonderful knowing that there are 14,000 people here who understand! The great thing is that with so many members, there are always people online, even in the middle of the night.

Again, we are glad you found us. I look forward to getting to know you and learning more about you.

Hugs,
    Amy

Leave a comment:

• vocalsgsc
    replied
    Hi Amy,

Thank you so much for the words of encouragement and advice. I am a counselor by trade so I definately understand the "taking" relationship some can have and how that can be very draining!!!!! It is so difficult having a desease that really not alot of people know nothing or very little about! It is good to have a place where there are people with like issues where someone can go for help, advice, and encouragement!!!!

God Bless,
    Teresa

Leave a comment:

• ihurttoo
    replied
    I am so glad your DR. was willing to help you out with pain meds. Hopefully, you will start feeling better now.

As for the section in the Patient handbook on building your IC Toolbox, having an IC buddy just means people you know in "real life" that have IC, (if you know any) or making friends here on the boards or finding people you feel comfortable enough with that you can pm me them or call them when you are having a bad day so they can give you ideas, suggestions, and support. Bascially, it just helps to know that someone else truly understands.

You are welcome to pm me anytime and I will be glad to give you my number so you can call if you prefer to do that if you ever need someone to talk to. I know many others here would also be glad to talk to you if you ever need ideas, suggestions, encouragement and/or support.

I have been on here for a year now and have made several friends here, but in the beginning, when I was new, if someone responded to a post and I liked the way they responded (even if it was someone else's post they responded to), I'd pm them and ask them questions that I didnt want to post. I never had anyone not write me back. Everyone here is very friendly and will bend over backwards to help each other.

Most of the time, when I need support, I just make a post about whatever is going on, and whoever feels up to it, will answer with support and information. I truly feel like most here are my "IC buddies". But, every now and then, someone would just go "above and beyond" with their posts to me (and others) and I would pm them and we might just have a pm relationship or sometimes, we'd just decide to exchange numbers.

I dont need to counsel you (or anyone else) about the obvious cautions one needs to take when exchanging numbers with strangers, we all know those. But, the one piece of advice I would give to someone that you havent heard is to read all of a person's past posts before you do the number exchange thing, that way, you can tell if the person is a "giver" or a "taker". After all, you dont need the additional stress in your life of someone calling you constantly leeching energy out of you because they are in constant crisis mode and never able to give back themselves. (No, I dont have any personal experiance with this, but I have heard a few horror stories from others! )You want someone you can develop a reciprocal relationship with, someone who is capable of giving to you when you need them, but also someone that you can offer something back to. (At this point, though you may not have many hints or IC tips or info to give, you can always give support and understanding.)

Since everyone on here is sick too and I never know what kind of pain day they are having, that's why I usually just go ahead and post when I am needing support and then whoever feels like dealing with me at that moment can jump in. At least that way, if any of my friends here dont feel up to helping that day, they can let others take over.

I am so glad you found us here at the ICN! I truly think you are going to feel like you are finally home and have met 14,000 kindred spirits (and kindred bladders! ) If you ever need a friend, feel free to pm me (or any of us)anytime!

Hugs,
    Amy

Leave a comment:

• vocalsgsc
    replied
    Well I went to the uro yesterday and he kind of listened to me. Apparently the problem about refilling my pain meds was not his it was his nurses! So he refilled with 40 for two months! HA!!! I really didn't get a chance to ask about a muscle relaxer, but he did prescribe me Enablex 15mg tablets. I haven'g had time to do any research on these yet. Anyone been on this medicaiton yet? If so has it worked for and and how has it worked. I guess from what I have gathered it is supposed to help eith the leaking and accidents. Which are humilitating!!! I am sure you all know! I printed off the My Medical Records section from the IC Handbook and I am going to work on it this evening. Has anyone done this? The thing is I have had a head injury and I don't remember dates or doctors or proceedures I have had prior to Oct 1999. I am not sure how to go about getting those records. Any advice? I did notice that in the "records" there is a section that asks for IC buddies. I love that! But you know I don't think I have anyone. Of course I can post online but no one first hand that I can put on that list. Any ideas? I know I am asking alot today. I am actually feeling okay for right now. I have had to take 1 pain pill today. But I have had 3 days off of work. And I spent all day with my little boy.. He is home sick with pnenomia. Poor little guy!!!

Leave a comment:

• Briza
    replied
    Vocal
    How did your appt go today?
    I'm sorry you've had such a hard time getting proper treatment and pain relief. I did, too...over a year and many doctors til I finally found a gyn who believed me! Among the other things I told him, were
    1. I need something for the pain
    2. I need something to help me sleep
    3. I need these things to keep my job, so if you can't help me, just tell me now and I will continue looking for a doctor who will
    He helped me! He also recently referred me to a pain clinic so I could get better pain relief than he could provide. Don't give up!
    I would ask for a referral to a pain clinic. If he won't give you one, then ask your GP or GYN. I have found them to be much more accomadating than uros, especially GYNS.

I also use a muscle relaxer, Flexeril. It works really well, but I still need my pain meds.
    Best wishes
    Last edited by Briza; 03-28-2007, 04:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• vocalsgsc
    replied
    Since havign the 3 proceedures I have been in agoney! I think maybe even worse then I felt in just the flare. I don't know what to do! I sere the uro tomorrow. I feel useless and that IC is running my life evn though I am trying to maintain a life as much as I can. Along with the IC pain I have been having headaches daily and I thin that it is maily the stress because of the pain from the IC and the problems that are caused from that! I just so much want to feel better! No one seems to understand what this pain is like and what it does to someone. I have been in this flare sine Jan! I keep trying to have have hope but it is getting so hard. I am in so much pain all the time!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X