Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Babs RN
    replied
    I have the exact same problems you have. I leak if I stand up, I leak if I I laugh, cough, sneeze, or hiccup. I also leak if I pick up my daughter(she is 6)the wrong way. My uro says my urethra and internal sphincter have failed. You can PM if you want.

Hus,
    Barb

Leave a comment:

• Nancypt
    replied
    Hi,
    I also have that same problem and it drives me crazy. I have to wear a pad too. I was told to lean forward at the end of urinating to get the last bit out or stand and sit again. My dr. prescribed Detrol but I haven't tried it yet.
    Nancy

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    One thing that might help is to stand up part way after you urinate, then sit back down. I also will take the folded toilet tissue and hold it in place while I stand and for a few seconds before I drop it in the toilet and flush. That really helps get those last drips.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    replied
    HI! Oh gosh.......I feel for you! I have fought incontience for years. I had the bladder sling surgery (that didn't help much) and the collagin injects around my urethra (that didn't help at all!) I use the Oxytol patch and that is suppose to help dry things up and help with bladder spasms. It makes me thirsty and I still have the incontinence. I too wear a 'lightdays' pad and hate every single minute of it. My Uro doesn't want to try anything else because of my IC and I sure don't want to make my IC worse with another bladder surgery. SOOO I put up with it and hate it! If you find a solution please let me know! Roxie

Leave a comment:

• floridamom
    started a topic Leaking urine?? Please read....

Leaking urine?? Please read....

Hi all
    I have had IC for about 4 years now, but over the last 6 months I have noticed yet another wonderful symptom of IC. I noticed that every time I pee, even though I can spend 5 minutes wiping...I still stand up & leak urine! I can hold my pee, but it seems that no matter how many times I pee, wipe, etc...there is still leakage when I stand up. I have taken to wearing a light pad most days to soak the excess up, but it is embarrasing because sometimes I can SMELL the urine on me. Needless to say it is affecting my life in a variety of ways:-(
    Is this happening to anyone else and if so, what are you doing to stop it??
    I have spoken to my urol. about this & he said that because my bladder is so inflamed there will always be a bit of leakage...now that doesnt make me feel ANY better. I am hoping someone out there has some advice to this embarrasing problem.
Working...
X