Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does IC make you feel like your baldder is full alot??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jen74
    replied
    Hi moca.
    I have catheters here at home as I had to self cath after I had my instills as I have a reaction from them where I cannot pee after them and have to cath the meds out every time. I am thinking about self cathing later just to see how much I am retaining if I am.
    I feel I have to pee every 10 minutes and usually get out like 3 ounces or so every time. This is awful. Thanks for replying.
    Jen

Leave a comment:

• Moca
    replied
    Jen,
    I believe that you are retaining urine. I had a hysterectomy 7 weeks ago and the day I was leaving the hospital, I had the catheter removed and was asked to void in a measuring container and was sure I had emptied, but when the catheter was placed back again I was impressed by the amount that was left in my bladder that I couldn´t empty. This urine for sure wasn´t produced right away, it took only 3 minutes from the time I emptied to the time I had the catheter placed back. The amount I voided in the container had to be greater than what was passed through the catheter, if not, I would have to go home with the catheter for 3 days. Luckily I didn´t.
    Maybe you have pelvic floor disfunction, my uro said that since the pelvic muscles are so tense, the bladder makes a great effort to empty, and you are left with urgengy because you cannot empty completely. There are therapies that can really help with that.
    I hope this is useful and you start feeling better soon!

Leave a comment:

• jen74
    replied
    I just got my period on Saturday and I feel soooo much worse.
    There are alot of times I feel I dont empty my bladder all the way either. Also, I can pee out like 5 ounces and then wait 10 minutes and pee out another 3 ounces. Would this be considered reatined urine from before? Or could we actually produce 3 to 4 ounces of pee within 10 minutes?
    Jen

Leave a comment:

• Moca
    replied
    For the past four weeks I have been with the urgency non stop and took ultram for that. The ultram itself makes you retain urine but it takes the urgency and pain away. I was on a vicious cycle, I would find relief for a day, but the following day was terrible, so I would take the ultram and so on. My urine stream was so thin and felt as if I were peeing only 1/10 of what I was drinking.
    I decided to break the cycle and experiment. I stopped taking the ultram (currently not taking anything else) and was very very uncomfortable for a week, but I said to myself I would not give in. To my surprise, I began feeling relief as my stream thickened and could void much more and stopped feeling the urgency. Now I make it through four hours.
    I hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• snslife
    replied
    when im in a flare thats exactly how i feel. Its like you drank a billion gallons of water and have held it for 3 days. i sit on the toilet all day practically trying to get it out but theres nothing to void! its very frustrating and i know how you feel!! you cant do anything except think you have to go. The only thing that i have found that has helped with the urgency has been elavil and hydroxyzine. Together they have been my savior. I have felt good for so long now. The only time it comes back is the week before my period. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• marysxx
    replied
    firmness

Hi, Iam wondering if you ever have a firm feeling in your bladder area? IC fibromyalga. Now taking elmiron,elavil, cymbalta,etc. I have been in a flare what seems like forever!! Hope you can relate . Thanks marysxx.

Leave a comment:

• ponytail
    replied
    That's an interesting and very intelligent question - I am surprised quite often that I still have enough left in me to pee out - perhaps someone can answer your question.

Leave a comment:

• jen74
    replied
    If we pee every 20 minutes, does this mean that we are retaining urine?
    Jen

Leave a comment:

• meme
    replied
    Me too. Sometimes though if I hold it the feeling will go away. Sometimes though there's no way I could hold it and I just keep peeing every 10-15 mins.

Leave a comment:

• ponytail
    replied
    I am exactly the same Jen. I can drink something and then 10 minutes later need to pee. One of my biggest problems is urgency - but I have bad days and slightly bad days - never good days of course. But my bladder is so unpredicatable. Now I could never consider commuting to work as I never know how bad or better I am going to be. Luckily I only work a 15 minute cycle ride away but it is limiting my life a lot!!

Leave a comment:

• smcclafferty
    replied
    I have been diagnosed with IC. But my girlfriend just told me that she has this symptom, and was wondering if she has IC. But can't this symtom happen with pelvic floor dysfunction as well (among other things)? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• jen74
    replied
    Thanks ladies for the replies. It is a very aggravating symptom. It feels like I still have pee in there even shortly after I went. There are even times that I pee and can pee more 10 minutes later, especially if I drink something. I temd to process what I drink Fast sometimes. Like if I drink a glass of water, I can pee in like 10 minutes. Thanks again for the replies.
    Jen

Leave a comment:

• tigger_gal
    replied
    yes it is a problem with IC. that and my horrible urgency

Leave a comment:

• mom_in_ma
    replied
    That's my major complaint when I'm flaring. Always feel like I gotta go.

Leave a comment:

• dg2901
    replied
    This is my major complaint. Unfortunately, its a normal part of IC.

Feel better, dear!
    Diana

Leave a comment:

Working...
X