Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just want to sleep even 3 hours in a row!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just want to sleep even 3 hours in a row!

SLEEP! I have not slept more than 2 hours in a row in 5 years. I am so beyond the breaking point of tired. I am super busy, work FT, grad school FT, mom FT, all the regular home making chores and I am TIRED! I just want to sleep. I take 2 benadryl, melatonin and kava kava before bed, which helps me get to sleep. But my darn bladder wakes me up every 2 hours on the dot. I am TIRED. OTC sleep meds do not keep me asleep and the make me MORE tired. I do not want to gain weight, I am overweight to begin with, so am nervous about the drugs.

Anyone have any ways to get some MUCH NEEDED SLEEP!!! Please help!
    45 year old
    IC symptoms, all my life
    Severe endometriosis since age 13, hysterectomy Oct 06
    IC diagnosed 1/11/05, Interstim implant May 09

I can truly understand where you are coming from about not getting enough sleep. I went to my doctor because of it and got some help. Maybe your doctor can help you. If it is because of the bladder pressure maybe the doctor can give you something or if it is because of the pain maybe pain pills will help.
    You really need to get the help soon so you will be able to sleep. Without enough sleep you will become desparate and maybe not make right decision, this is what not having enough sleep can do to you. I have been through this and that is why I urge you to get help.

Hugs, Trishann

Comment

What IC meds are you on to help with the bladder symptoms?
      Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

HI! Have you tried Elavil for your bladder?? If not, that might be the first thing to start on.....and maybe Lunesta. I have major sleep issues.....have since I was a child and have had IC since my late teens....So I totally understand the sleep issue problem. I would be awake for days on end. Now with the help of Elavil and Lunesta I get a full night sleep most nights......and it's great. I work full time also and lead a busy life........when I'm not having other health issues.
        Good luck to you.....I hope you find an answer before you are a burn mark on the carpet! (((hugs!))) Roxie

Double Spinal Cord Stimulator surgery 8/09
        Unsuccessful MiniArc sling surgery 12/07
        Dx'd Hypothyroid
        Dx'd Chronic Axonal Neuropathy & Myopathy
        June 2007
        Dx'd IC May 2006 (after suffering for 25+ yrs!)
        First Cysto 1979
        First Hydro 1981 (Many treatments since then!)
        Collagin"Durasphere" injections for urethra
        Gall bladder surgery Aug. 2004
        Gastric Bypass Dec. 2004
        Dx'd: Barrett's Esphogus July 2004
        Dx'd: Vaginal Atrophy 2005
        Bladder surgery 2000
        Dx'd: IBS 2000
        Hysterectomy (fibroids) 1999
        Laminectomy 1989
        Dx'd: Degerative Disk Disorder 1989

For IC I use Elmiron, Elavil and Freeze dried Aloe Vera (it works likes Elmiron, but naturally)and Azo as needed. I also take Zegerid, Randitine for Barrett's Esophagus. (which causes me to have constant yeast infections!)I take Cymbalta for Neuopathy/Myopathy pain. I use the Climara patch for menopause symptoms. I'm on a very strict diet because of the IC, IBS and Gastric Bypass. I take Primal Defense Probiotics and whole food Iron.
        I no longer have the awful urethral pain! I've been using MSM gel now for 4 mo. and haven't had a flare up or the urethra pain.....it's amazing stuff!!:woohoo:

Comment

It sounds like you need to talk with your doctor. Sometimes over the counter stuff just doesn't work.

Warn encouraging hugs,
          Donna
          Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
          Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
          Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
          [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Roxie, Love your avatar! I haven't tried Elavil due to weight gain fears. I am seeing Dr. next week. And we will see what she says. But I have been thinking of trying Lunesta. Thanks for the BTDT perspective.

Thank you all! I do hope to find a good solution soon!!!
            45 year old
            IC symptoms, all my life
            Severe endometriosis since age 13, hysterectomy Oct 06
            IC diagnosed 1/11/05, Interstim implant May 09

Comment

I would try the Elavil if that's something your doctor has suggested for you. It has been a lifesaver for me. I was in everyday pain, and rarely am now, and some nights I don't even get up any more (which is a huge difference, I used to get up hourly). If you're worried about the potential for weight gain, I would just advise being very careful about what you eat. Have lots of healthy treats around that you can fill up on if you are tempted to eat more. I don't think the weight gain is an absolute given with this medication, and all you can do is try. Give it three months (if you tolerate it okay, of course) and see how your sleeping and your weight are. I am so very grateful for Elavil, how nice it is to get a decent night's sleep (but the real benefit for me has been the reduction in pain, luckily I've always been able to fall back asleep easily after I get up, even when I was getting up hourly). Good luck!

Comment

Ambien

My sleep Doc just put me on Ambien regular 10 mg and that works pretty well for me. She didnt give me the Ambien extended because she said people sometimes did weird things because they didnt really sleep out the medication and got up and drove.
                Try not to assume that because you have nocturia symptoms and think your bladder is waking you up, it is? I thought that for two years and finally had a sleep study done and I had two sleep disorders, Apnea and restless leg syndrome, I never knew I had either. Sleep Doc said it is almost a reflex to wake up and pee, so you might check out with a sleep study to really know what is waking you up? I have to pee about twice a night, and wake up and do it, but before I was waking up every two hours all night.
                Sammi

Sammi

Meds: Melatonin 3mg @ bedtime if needed. Estrogen 1.5 mg troche and 0.1 mg Estrace cream.
                Diagnosis: IC, PFD (both in remission)

Comment

Working...
                X