Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just want to sleep even 3 hours in a row!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sami4
    replied
    Ambien

My sleep Doc just put me on Ambien regular 10 mg and that works pretty well for me. She didnt give me the Ambien extended because she said people sometimes did weird things because they didnt really sleep out the medication and got up and drove.
    Try not to assume that because you have nocturia symptoms and think your bladder is waking you up, it is? I thought that for two years and finally had a sleep study done and I had two sleep disorders, Apnea and restless leg syndrome, I never knew I had either. Sleep Doc said it is almost a reflex to wake up and pee, so you might check out with a sleep study to really know what is waking you up? I have to pee about twice a night, and wake up and do it, but before I was waking up every two hours all night.
    Sammi

Leave a comment:

• jjt001
    replied
    I would try the Elavil if that's something your doctor has suggested for you. It has been a lifesaver for me. I was in everyday pain, and rarely am now, and some nights I don't even get up any more (which is a huge difference, I used to get up hourly). If you're worried about the potential for weight gain, I would just advise being very careful about what you eat. Have lots of healthy treats around that you can fill up on if you are tempted to eat more. I don't think the weight gain is an absolute given with this medication, and all you can do is try. Give it three months (if you tolerate it okay, of course) and see how your sleeping and your weight are. I am so very grateful for Elavil, how nice it is to get a decent night's sleep (but the real benefit for me has been the reduction in pain, luckily I've always been able to fall back asleep easily after I get up, even when I was getting up hourly). Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• lauriecircle
    replied
    Roxie, Love your avatar! I haven't tried Elavil due to weight gain fears. I am seeing Dr. next week. And we will see what she says. But I have been thinking of trying Lunesta. Thanks for the BTDT perspective.

Thank you all! I do hope to find a good solution soon!!!

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    It sounds like you need to talk with your doctor. Sometimes over the counter stuff just doesn't work.

Warn encouraging hugs,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• Roxie2007
    replied
    HI! Have you tried Elavil for your bladder?? If not, that might be the first thing to start on.....and maybe Lunesta. I have major sleep issues.....have since I was a child and have had IC since my late teens....So I totally understand the sleep issue problem. I would be awake for days on end. Now with the help of Elavil and Lunesta I get a full night sleep most nights......and it's great. I work full time also and lead a busy life........when I'm not having other health issues.
    Good luck to you.....I hope you find an answer before you are a burn mark on the carpet! (((hugs!))) Roxie

Leave a comment:

• vm
    replied
    What IC meds are you on to help with the bladder symptoms?

Leave a comment:

• Trishann
    replied
    I can truly understand where you are coming from about not getting enough sleep. I went to my doctor because of it and got some help. Maybe your doctor can help you. If it is because of the bladder pressure maybe the doctor can give you something or if it is because of the pain maybe pain pills will help.
    You really need to get the help soon so you will be able to sleep. Without enough sleep you will become desparate and maybe not make right decision, this is what not having enough sleep can do to you. I have been through this and that is why I urge you to get help.

Hugs, Trishann

Leave a comment:

• lauriecircle
    started a topic I just want to sleep even 3 hours in a row!

I just want to sleep even 3 hours in a row!

SLEEP! I have not slept more than 2 hours in a row in 5 years. I am so beyond the breaking point of tired. I am super busy, work FT, grad school FT, mom FT, all the regular home making chores and I am TIRED! I just want to sleep. I take 2 benadryl, melatonin and kava kava before bed, which helps me get to sleep. But my darn bladder wakes me up every 2 hours on the dot. I am TIRED. OTC sleep meds do not keep me asleep and the make me MORE tired. I do not want to gain weight, I am overweight to begin with, so am nervous about the drugs.

Anyone have any ways to get some MUCH NEEDED SLEEP!!! Please help!
Working...
X