Back of thigh tension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back of thigh tension

Have no idea if I have IC, but I get tension right below my buttocks and thighs. I have the heavy feeling, etc.
    Also, does a flare up happen immediately after having an offending food or is it slow to react?
    I drink coffee, chocolate, alchohol, but don't feel anything until hours later.

If those areas feel tight and sore that sounds more like PFD...
    As far as the foods for some it takes hours and other it hits me right after i eat..
    Hugs
    Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
    Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
    Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
    Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
    Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

I had this type of thigh pain for three years and after a lap to remove endo it went away. Although some of the other posters are also correct it can be caused by PFD. Both PFD and endo can cause thigh pain as you describe and lower back pain. Oh boy! It is so fun figuring out which one is causing our pain.

ads

Comment

wow, you both really know your stuff! could be doctors. went to the uro/gyn and she did say i have PFD, still going to get more testing though. but, do people with ic have pfd also?

Comment

Thanks, but I am not close to being a doc -- just have been to a lot of them! LOL! Yes, many people with IC also have PFD. There are different theories on whether IC caused the PFD. Dr. Modwin's book is a must read on PFD. It saved my life more than once. You can buy it here on the ICN shop, Amazon or sometimes local bookstores.

I wish you the very best. Hang in there and do the tests, which could provide valuable information about your condition and a help your doctor establish a good treatment plan. Test usually aren't fun, but can pay off in the long run.

ads

Originally posted by jjj2007 View Post
          wow, you both really know your stuff! could be doctors. went to the uro/gyn and she did say i have PFD, still going to get more testing though. but, do people with ic have pfd also?

Comment

what's PFD?

I have also complained about that same pain, but once I was one the IC diet and pelvic floor exercises my pain has pretty much gone, except if I exercise too much.

Comment

Working...
            X