X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leelee88
    replied
    Thanks again for all your replys..

I really believe there is a connection.. I am going to keep doing research on this and will let all of you know if I come up with anything

Leave a comment:

• cfreela
    replied
    Allergies

I'm allergic (itchy eyes, sometimes rash, runny nose, headache, itchy ears and throat) to practically every tree and grass in the midwest; anything with a smell or fragrance (most cleaning products, bath soaps, lotions); lanolin, cats (but not dogs) birds, mold, dust, hay, ragweed (UGH), latex. My primary that diagnosed me (not my ob/gyn) said that in his reading, he suspected an immuno-issue and since last year I have also had warts proliferating like crazy on my hands. I also wonder if there isn't a connection, but I have also had trauma to pelvic floor, groin, hamstrings and lower back, so we thought maybe the nerve issues I was having was just trauma, not the pain from my bladder which is a separate but related component. Took 6 years to diagnose the problem after having symptoms.

Leave a comment:

• born2swim
    replied
    Boy do I have allergies

Boy do I have wicked allergies. I have strong allergies to many environmental allergens: all types of trees, severe grass allergy (allergic if I am outside with fresh cut grass for too long), cats, dogs, etc. I also get allergic asthma with hay, rabbits, guinea pigs, rodents, and especially birds (horrible with birds). I'm allergic to dust as well. Since starting Atarax, I have noticed an improvement in all allergies (nasal especially) and my bladder symptoms seem better (along with the Ultram). I am not allergic to any foods though. I also have skin allergies to hay, rodents, etc. Oh, I'm allergic to fluroquinolines (like Avalox).

So yeah, I fit that group of allergies and IC. I don't have severe IC (large ulcerations, burning, and peeing blood clots), but they think they got to it early before I had severe damage to my bladder/urethra lining.
    Last edited by born2swim; 04-30-2007, 10:56 AM. Reason: Added a part

Leave a comment:

• lnseagraves
    replied
    I have ALWAYS had a ton of allergies (even as a kid) my family as a whole is a major allergy prone family...

My Allergies: grass, dustmites, mold, pollen (esp. certain flowers), most dogs, some cats (my cat is a hypo-allergenic breed but even with her I sometimes have itchy eyes), most other fur animals, pineapple

My IC is always worse in March, when my allergies kick... every year I know in March I flare.

Leave a comment:

• SharonA
    replied
    I am allergic to work and exercise.

Seriously, I am allergic to codeine and witch hazel. Plus, this Spring I have had a horrible time with sinus allergies.

Leave a comment:

• ABliske
    replied
    I had terrible allergies to dust and pollen that came on when I was 23. Surprisingly, around the time I got IC (25) me allergies went away. This year, I've only had them bother my 1 or 2 days so far.

Leave a comment:

• traceann
    replied
    Count me in on the allergy clan! I have horrible seasonal allergies that have now just decided to stay all year round, lol. I noticed the biggest leap in med treatments working when I added in the hydroxyzine, so that's gotta mean something!!! I also am allergic to camphor, sulfa drugs, and tetracycline.

Leave a comment:

• leelee88
    replied
    Thanks for all your replys

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I'm allergic to tomatoes, penicillin, sulfonomides --- pollens can be a problem at times, but not always, and I'm VERY allergic to cedar dust.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• MerryBerryMoose
    replied
    Pre IC I was allergic to Amoxicillin, shell fish, latex and I was VERY VERY lactose intollerant. Post IC dx I developed an allergy to Percoct and my latex allergy got worse.

Leave a comment:

• Stacey65
    replied
    I am allergic to pollen, ragweed. dust mites, most flowers and flower scented perfumes, air fresheners and carpet fresheners. I'm also allergic to fish and blue berries.

Leave a comment:

• Kara Isabel
    replied
    I have a TON of allergies! Several foods, cats, pollen, dust, mold, some household cleaning chemicals and on and on! I'm either sniffling, in hives or wheezing!

Certain foods and cats make me wheeze really bad! I can't even go into a house where there is a cat my allergies are so severe.

I think they are connected for many of us.

Kara

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    Food allergies: shellfish, fish, peanuts & other legumes, tree nuts, pumpkin seeds, soy

Medication allergies: All oral antibiotics, except for Macrobid.

Other allergies: 1. mold 2. dog if in confined space with it or dog owner's house is not clean

Leave a comment:

• aprilmae
    replied
    Oh lets see, I am allergic to some meds, a couple foods, molds, grass, trees, cats, pollen ........incompetent doctors lol!

In all seriousness, I have always had allergies and went through a spell in my teens where I was sick every 2 months from allergies. I do believe there could be a connection also.

Leave a comment:

• humpieumpumkin
    replied
    I have mold and dust mite allerges. My poke test on the dust mites came up as 4+++ which is the most severe it can get Some times I get a scratchy feeling in my bladder and it feels similar to the itching I get inside my ears. I think there is a connection for sure.

Erika

Leave a comment:

Working...
X