Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berkshire Road
    replied
    I get it on the left side. So many times I've thought it must be a kidney infection because it can shoot up so high in the back/side, but usually starts very low down in the pelvis. All test normal for kidneys and everything else. So my doctor said to try not to worry too much about it. He is not minimizing it, just pointing out that we've ruled out everything that could be dangerous, so we attribute this pain to IC. Fortunately I have a wonderful pain management dr.

I do know that pain can radiate around the pelvic area, so it may not be coming from the place where you feel it. Even if I seem to be in the minority with my left side pain, it's kind of reassuring to hear that lots of people have pain on one side more than the other.

Leave a comment:

• rolladex
    replied
    IC side pain

I was diagnoised with IC in 2002 - I have kidney stone like pain on my right side almost 24/7 - my doctor said this is part of the IC. There are times the pain is so sharp it takes my breath away and I make involuntary "I'm in pain" sounds - it can be very embrassing when in a business meeting. I also had a total h in 1987.

I pray the Doctor's find something curable causing your pain. Hang in there.

Leave a comment:

• daphne
    replied
    right side pain

I have also had horrible right side pain. I feel bad for everyone but at the same time I feel better that I am not crazy. I had my right ovary removed due to the pain, there was a cyst. This was several years ago. I still get pain on and off quite a bit. Sometimes it is severe. I have had several internal ultrasounds and the gyno says nothing is wrong. They all suggest referred pain from my bladder or scar tissue since there was alot when they removed the ovary.

Remember one thing, they can not always tell if it is scar tissue unless they do exploritory surgery (great). And if it is scar tissue people who make it will generally get it back. This is a hard situation to be in. I have just been sucking up the pain. If you have bowl problems you might want to see a gastro Dr. You don't want any adhesions on your bowels or intestines. Good luck

Leave a comment:

• himaliv
    replied
    Thanks to all of you who have written here. I have the same feeling where it feels like I am going to deliver. I have had ovarian tumor removed - so I know that pain. This pain is different.

Leave a comment:

• willoweyes
    replied
    Right Side

The last time I had this symptom I had a strep infection in my kidney. See your doctor. They had to do the slow culture, the quick office one didn't show up.

Leave a comment:

• colleenco
    replied
    Originally posted by BabyRN View Post
    I have the right-sided pain too. It can be quite excruciating, it feels like someone has stabbed me through to my back too. This is where my pain is concentrated and since I just had surgery, I know it isn't scar tissue. It gets aggravated by bowel movements also.

Lisa
    All my pain is bowel-aggravated. It is so bad sometimes that it seems bowel-related.

Leave a comment:

• BabyRN
    replied
    I have the right-sided pain too. It can be quite excruciating, it feels like someone has stabbed me through to my back too. This is where my pain is concentrated and since I just had surgery, I know it isn't scar tissue. It gets aggravated by bowel movements also.

Lisa

Leave a comment:

• mimimama
    replied
    Hi Friends,

I am in alot if pain today on my right side. My back is killing me. Took my Norco, not helping.

I talked to one of my girlfriends this AM and she thinks it could be Diverticulitis. She had the same symptoms and had to have surgery because it got very bad.

I don't know, i'm just tired of being in pain and my right side/back feels like there is a hot poker there. I woke up with a minor flare too. Oh well

Hope you are all doing good!

Leave a comment:

• Kirs10
    replied
    I also have right sided pain alot!!!!!

I have also had a hysterectomy but they left my ovaries so two years later the pain was so bad that I had my right tube and ovary removed......I also have some pain on the left but most of my pain is on the right side. I am always worried that it is my appendix but it is usually just a pain that has no cause or reason. they never find out what it is so now I usually just blame it all on IC.........
    It is nice to know that other people are having some of the same symptoms that I am.......

Leave a comment:

• colleenco
    replied
    I was searching through here because I was about to post this same thing! I have been having all right-sided pain and pressure, especially what feels like my ovary on the right. I had a falopian tube cyst removed on my right side so maybe scar tissue comes in to play for me, too? I have the back pain like you said too! SO weird. I just hope it goes away soon...I am so uncomfortable.

Leave a comment:

• sandymarie
    replied
    Pain on right side

I just posted the same question. I have had this before but today it has been so bad. I feel like I am ready to deliver. I am like steel on the right side. I also have had a hyster complete so mine is not female. I was wondering what to do. I usually just blame everything on the ic, but it is localized pretty much on the right side. I feel like nothing on the left, sort of empty but my right is really screaming. I feel like ranting today so I will spare you. Hope all is well.

J.J. Ps pain is in rectum also. Does anyone have this also.

Leave a comment:

• Romans8:28
    replied
    I have struggled with right side pain for years as well. I also have both kidneys full of stones, chronic kidney infection and a narrowing in the ureter there. I also get kidney pain that becomes constant and disabling. But antibiotics are all that will control it. The sharp side pain though continues to come and go. My GP did a sed rate test to check my appendics which wa good. I have ANOTHER IVP set up next week to look for a stone.....

You could have a stone as well. Have they checked!

Shelly

Leave a comment:

• Trishann
    replied
    Kimchi, I hear you about all the testing. I hope you can get some answers from your GYN. It is so aggravating not to know what is going on. Kimchi it really can be from so many different things and the test will start ruling things out. I know it stinks. I wish there were an easier way to find things out.

SENDING HUGS, Trishann

Leave a comment:

• sunny day
    replied
    I get a sharp stabbing pain in my left side. It feels like a spear is pushed through right to my back. It was one of my first symptoms. I went to therapist for pelvic floor dysfunction and that pain is pretty much gone. If I start to feel it I start pain meds and clean up my diet immediately. My therapist also showed me some things to do at home. But I can't beat the back pain, I have that at some level everyday. Right now I am due for my period and not feeling so great. I really try to keep a great attitude and try to be thankful for all I have. But every once in awhile, like last week when I failed my liver function tests because of my meds- I take an hour to breath out and say this really sucks! And then I go on with my life which all in all is pretty great.

Leave a comment:

• mimimama
    replied
    This is intersting because i get this same pain on my right side!!! I was concerned it was my liver and my CBC etc..came back ok. hmmm. Flares cause so many weird symptoms. I'm very glad to know I am not the only one who has this weird mystery pain!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X