I hate the IC belly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate the IC belly

ugh, as of right now my flare seems to getting much better, but I can't stop the IC belly...really no pain just that horrible bloating, does anyone have suggestions? I've tried the heating pad, cold packs, rest but it doesn't want to go away...ugh if its not one thing its the other, at least I don't have the constant urge to pee anymore
    Onset of symtoms November 1, 2006

Diagnosed December 8, 2006 with cysto/hydrodistention... Gradual relief with elmiron around month two, keep feeling better and better. and then remission

2008 Update...still in remission

Diagnosis: IC
    Meds: Elmiron 300mg/day, hydroxyzine 25 mg 1x/day

Myspace: Add me! Im always looking make new IC friends. http://www.myspace.com/45171133

Well if you find out how to fix this PLEASE let me know.. My stomach has never pooched like this until IC...
    Hugs
    Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
    Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
    Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
    Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
    Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

i have found that if I drink tons of water, hold it, and then go to the bathroom this helps mildly but I can make myself hold it up to ~18-20 oz...so I feel like it is close to a distension experience . Also ibuprofen works for me, but I have read it can send people into flares on here....good luck to you and if you find a solution please let me know, I'm about to try that castor oil heating wrap solution I read about on here

Diagnosed December 8, 2006 with cysto/hydrodistention... Gradual relief with elmiron around month two, keep feeling better and better. and then remission

Myspace: Add me! Im always looking make new IC friends. http://www.myspace.com/45171133

Comment

Originally posted by leelee88 View Post
        Well if you find out how to fix this PLEASE let me know.. My stomach has never pooched like this until IC...
        so I was still having a lil problems, and then I had my period and it got a little better and then I took some gas-x and it is gone...hmmm perrhaps it was just gas...but for days and days?? I don't know

Comment

During this week that I've been taking the Topamax? I've almost completely lost the IC Belly. I'm sure that most of it's been swelling from excess fluid. Maybe not all of it, but most.

Working for me though.
          http://www.TheCraftyEwe.etsy.com

Comment

I am right there with you. When I have a flare my stomach gets huge. I mean like 3 months pregnant huge.

Diagnosed with IC 3-30-2003

Flare ups 1 time a month lasts for days.

Comment

Topamax

I was taking amytripthelyne and stopped 3 weeks ago due to sluggish feeling and weight gain. Now I'm in a horrible flare. Does this drug do the same? Does it cover pain and spasms? I need something to help symtoms with vulva sensitivity.
              Diagnosed Jan 07

Stopped Elmiron due to hair loss @ 4 months

Stopped Amitriptyline 25mg [email protected] months wt gain
              IC Diet
              Take 2 tablets cytroprotek daily WORKS GREAT!!!

"I can't adjust the wind but I can adjust the sails"

Mary

Comment

I bought the cutest tank tops yesterday and they were a little flary on the botton and todasy BANG belly from you know where. So I wore it anyway and thank goodness it was a family pic nic and they knew I had had a hysterectomy because my daughters swore I looked pregnant. When I tried it on yesterday it looked fine but not today. I hate swelly belly days. YUCK!

Comment

count me in too, I got a couple of really cute tops that looked great and hid th fat, now I got the HUGE IC belly going on, it fells like a brick,, ugh!
                  'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

I need to take a pic for you girls next time. So uncomfortable and ugly.

Comment

I too hate the IC belly. My stomach is never flat these days, but on really bad days it can really swell. I work at a clothing store part time. The other morning I went in and tried on several pairs of pants. Well, I put them on hold and bought them later that day. That night I went to try them on for my husband and daughter and you would not believe how tight they were across the stomach. Well, I tried them on the next morning and there was a significant decrease--- That is so frustrating. Of course, I can't stand any pressure on my stomach so I had to swap some of them for larger sizes . So.... when you discover the magic cure for it, please let me know.

Janice

Comment

I am the same way.....nothing can be pushing on my belly during a flare. Not even my underwear. I bought a pair of maternity pants once.

Comment

you know contrast between heat and cold seem to help my swelling the best (when I know it is the IC belly), I actually experimented with just heat and then just cold, and then both and really found it helped a lot...hey it never hurts to try

Comment

Originally posted by laker46580 View Post
                            I was taking amytripthelyne and stopped 3 weeks ago due to sluggish feeling and weight gain. Now I'm in a horrible flare. Does this drug do the same? Does it cover pain and spasms? I need something to help symtoms with vulva sensitivity.
                            I'm sorry I've been gone so much. I've felt awful for most of the time. Not from the Topamax, but from the virus and who knows what else.

The Topamax helps with the pain, spasms, Vulvadynia(sp?), the weight gain, etc....

it helps with everything except nasty viruses! This morning it's gone into buckets of water from the wrong end. You know, where you can still talk? Sort of? Too much info eh?
                            http://www.TheCraftyEwe.etsy.com

Comment

IC belly sucks! I can't stand anything on my tummy either during a flare. Sometimes I think they cause flares. Anyway, I found some cute pants around december and NY&Co that were stretchy knit all around but very cute that you couldn't tell they weren't dress pants I love them! )

Comment

Working...
                              X