Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L. Thomas
    replied
    The pain I have is what I call a backward UTI. There is no pain when I start to pee but I just sort of hope I don't stop because that is when I have the pain. Sometimes really bad, but that is one of the signs that I need a treatment.

Before I strarted treatments I felt "full" or pressure all the time. Even just after I went to the bathroom. I always felt like I needed to go to the bathroom.

I woke up about every 1-1 1/2 hours every night. Most of the time I didn't know that I had to go to the bathroom until it was almost too late, and sometimes it was.

Leave a comment:

• beceav
    replied
    Originally posted by GriffsMommy View Post
    I have the urge to go alot but when I empty my bladder is actually when it hurts. It's like it spasms from me emptying it and then it can be really painful for a couple of minutes after I go.
    Same here . Mine is painful after I go. Also have a lot of bloating. My tummy his huge......No rime or reason for it. I have been Diganosed just a few months ago. I am on Elmiron 3 times a day. Lucky to get 2 in for the day . I don't eat any thing . Alot of water. Still have a bloated tummy. Scared to death of sex. A killer during and afterwards. Thanks for me venting a bit.

Leave a comment:

• born2swim
    replied
    Nope. No pressure or pain here. I just have that constant feeling of needing to urinate. No relief when done urinating.

Leave a comment:

• GWENDOLYN
    replied
    I've tried advil and it didn't seem to hurt me and I eat bananas, but I will try eating one at night. OOOH, I am kind of scared, but it would be interesting!
    Thanks!
    Gwen

Leave a comment:

• GoldSeals
    replied
    Originally posted by GWENDOLYN View Post
    vEGACULA, I have some burning but not the spasm. I hope you feel better!
    Gwen
    Hi Gwendolyn,
    You may want to try advil.When I take it it helps me the first day.I need the advil for headaches sometimes.But a warning, the next day your bladder will burn like hell.This may give you a good indication if you have ic or not.
    Heres something else to try.Try eating fried bananas.Like pollo tropical.If you have ic you will definetely feel your bladder hurting the next day.Bananas contain potassium.Bladders with ic hate potassium.Potassium is used in some cases to diagnose ic.Its true for me anyway.
    I stay away from Gatorade too.Gatorade is a acid bomb for my bladder, and is loaded with potassium.
    Regards,GoldSeals

Leave a comment:

• GWENDOLYN
    replied
    vEGACULA, I have some burning but not the spasm. I hope you feel better!
    Gwen

Leave a comment:

• vegacula
    replied
    mmhm

I don't have the frequency, I mean I go maybe 10 times a day, which is pretty much nothing compared to other stories I've heard. The thing that I have the most is the burning during and after urinating. Afterwards it'll burn, taper off, and then it'll kind of spasm, and I'll have to go again sometimes.

But the pain used to be so bad that I wouldn't pee without my mom, my dad, or boyfriend holding my hand. I realized that it's something I have to live with and I can't have someone hold my hand everytime I pee for the rest of my life (even though it would be nice)

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    Gwen my pain aftering urinating only started w/ the IC. Lately when I pee in the middle of the night or in the morning my bladder spasms like crazy and then I'm in tons of pain. Can't win, have to pee really bad and that is uncomfortable but then if I go then that really makes it hurt worse.

Leave a comment:

• GWENDOLYN
    replied
    I don't have too much frequency, but I did in the beginning during the night.
    Now I don't have frequency as bad, but at night if I wake up, I always feel I have to go and I feel A little burning (but not too bad). I am always worse at night. During the day I drink plenty of water and I think that helps with the burning. Usually I don't have to go too often during the day, Although I probably go more than the average person.(I've always been that way anyway!).

Leave a comment:

• mom_in_ma
    replied
    For me, I'm like griffsmom or ic bob. I don't have the insane frequency, but I have burning quite a bit and my bladder area is really tender. I get most of my pain just AFTER I pee. I'm actually more cofortable when my bladder is a bit full. My uro said my bladder is likely spasming.

Leave a comment:

• icbop
    replied
    Hi,

I have no pain/pressure either and I sting for a long time after I go. I feel like my urethra is swollen by the urine.

In the morning I can feel fine until I go, then the daily burning starts.

I recently had a cysto-hydro and I have the pinpoint bleeding and scars most IC patients get. I am lucky not to have the frequency, but the pain is no fun either.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by GWENDOLYN View Post
    I WAS READING THAT ONE OF THE COMMON SYMPTOMS OF IC IS PRESSURE OR PAIN THAT IS RELIEVED AFTER URINATING. I DON'T HAVE THIS, I HAVE MORE FREQUENCY AT NIGHT AND SOME BURNING. Occasionally I have pressure, but it seems like gas that won't come out(sorry to be graphic). It seems to feel worse with IC.
    Do most people have the pressure or pain when having to empty the bladder?
    Gwen

Leave a comment:

• GWENDOLYN
    replied
    Diane, my Doctor Thinks I have it and we are trying elmiron and it seems to help. I have not has any of the tests done. I have had the symptoms since November and no UTI"s were found. I still fell symptoms or flares, But definitely better on Elmiron.
    Gwen

Leave a comment:

• Cardholic
    replied
    Gwen,
    Have you been Diagnosed with IC? I'm still confused about if I have it or not. I would have a mild case if I had it. I feel like I've been in the BR all day! It's 3:37 here, and I've gone about 7 to 8 times... I know that's nothing compared with many of you, but it's annoying. No pain today, so that's good. I get pain after voiding sometimes, but it hasn't happened in a while... :-). I don't have burning :-). It seems like everyone's symptoms are so different. IC is a strange disease.

Leave a comment:

• GWENDOLYN
    replied
    Did that come after you had Ic for a while or have you felt that way all along? I don't have anything but burning!
    Gwen

Leave a comment:

• GriffsMommy
    replied
    I have the urge to go alot but when I empty my bladder is actually when it hurts. It's like it spasms from me emptying it and then it can be really painful for a couple of minutes after I go.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X