Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you all know where your bladder pain is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you all know where your bladder pain is?

I know this may seem ignorant... but, how do you know that your bladder specifically hurts?? Is the bladder pain felt right inside the vagina kind of? Please educate me!!! Thanks!!!

I guess I would find a support group in your area (or near) and see who they recommend! http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30094
    [SIZE="1"][B]Be well, Alyssa :hi:[/B]

[

Comment

My bladder pain is right below the belly button...
      Hugs
      Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
      http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
      http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
      Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
      Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
      Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
      Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Ok, thanks leelee. That's really high up there then... I thought the bladder was right above the pubic bone...

Comment

My pain is very far down in front, right in the pelvic bone area

Robin
          The happiest people don't neccessarily have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that comes their way!!

Meds:
          IC: Elmiron, Tofranil, Hydroxyzine, Prosed DS, stool softener
          UC: Asacol

Comment

Well let me clarify something its right below the belly button all the way down to the pelvic, sorry I should have finished..

Ronda
            Hugs
            Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
            http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
            http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
            Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
            Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
            Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
            Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

My bladder pain goes right above the pelvic bone and across my lower back . According to my PT bladders can be located in different areas in different people. They are in the same general area, but one person's bladder may be more on the left and another person's may be more on the right. Strange--huh?! It has taken me awhile to figure out what is pelvic floor pain or VV and what is bladder pain. Physical Therapy has actually helped me to figure it out.

Janice

Comment

My bladder pain is insdie the bladder right where the urethra meets the bladder and in the base of the bladder. I can tell exactly where it hurts. When my urogyne took the pictures of my bladder when he did the regular cystoscopy, sure enough it was all inflammed where I have the pain.
                Jen

Comment

I hurt every where below my belly button! That includes the lower back area as well.

Kari
                  Kari

I'm 47 years old, married 27 years. I have two wonderful boys and two wonderful grandchildren. I was diagnosed in 1994. Life has certainly thrown me many many surprises, all of which I'm trying to stay positive and hopeful, and I try to think about my blessings not my misfortunes, when possible. Stay Strong!

Comment

After a while you just know. I always say how weird it is to say, "my bladder hurts"...how many people are even aware of their own bladders unless they have to pee? Not many.
                    *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
                    *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
                    *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

Mine is above the pubic bone.

If you ever go to a Pelvic Floor therapist - she will put her finger up your vagina and point out to you where everything is. For me the "trigone" area of the bladder (where all the nerve endings are) is the most sensitive - it seems to be right at the top of the vagina.

Comment

For me in the urethra and trigone area where there are lots of sensory (afferent nerves) sending messages of painful sensations to my brain. My pain doctor says this pain is not coming from the surrounding tissue but is coming from within the damaged sensory nerves. Nerves themselves are affected.

Comment

My bladder pain is mostly vaginal and is a stabbing, burning pain. Also, less frequently it hurts right above the pelvic bone and all the way through to the urethra.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the info! I will ask the physical therapist next time I go to direct me to all my parts! That's a good idea!
                            Thanks again..

Comment

More on this topic?

Hi,

I have had urethral pain for three years now--until Sunday my only symptom.

Now I have what feels like ovulation or period cramps, just to the right of my pubic bone (but I'm not ovulating or having my period).

Is this an IC symptom? If so, does a new symptom mean my bladder is actually getting worse (in terms of scarring, glomerulations, etc)?

I had my cysto/hydro done a month or so ago, and my capacity is 600 cc, I have glomerulations, and scarring. I was surprised to see the latter two things since the pain was all urethral (and not clearly distinguishable from VV).

The diet did nto work for me the first time around, but I may have to try it again now that my actuall bladder may be hurting.

Also, does anyone know if 600 cc is normal or low?

Any tips and ideas?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X