Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I really need help!!!! What the hey is going on with me??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really need help!!!! What the hey is going on with me??

Ok so I have IC...yay for me!! I also have IBS now.

So the past month I have been unable to make it to the bathroom almost every time. WTH??? Please help. I don't full out pee myself but I for sure wet my underwear every time. Just in the past 2 days I think it has happened 3 times. I am so depressed and confused. Anyone else go through this with IC or this a new problem I have??

Diagnosed with IC 3-30-2003

Flare ups 1 time a month lasts for days.

If it continues, I would definitely speak to your doctor about this. It could be weakend pelvic floor muscles, urgency incontinence, a number of things.
    Mommy to 2 crazy, wonderful kids and wife to the most amazing man in the world!

Comment

i have had it happen occasionally...i also have a moderately dropped bladder (cystocele) so that contributes. have you been checked for infection? do you wait a long time before going to void? have you mentioned it to your doc? it sucks i know! do you have tense/weak/strained pelvic floor muscles? pfd could contribute.
      Last edited by verdicries; 06-24-2007, 10:29 AM. Reason: forgot to add something!
      (Added by ICNMgrJill on 5/19/08. I am sad to share that Verdicries (aka Tracy) lost her life in a tragic accident just a few days ago. We will miss her support, her encouragement, her sense of humor and, of course, the joy that she found as a mother and wife).

Tracy ~ 29 years old with Toxoplasmosis (from birth), Fibro/CFS (since age 13...ouch), severe IC, IBS-D, severe PFD (surgery made it even worse), vulvodynia, hiatal hernia, GERD, ulcers, severe gastritis, numbness/tingling in extremeties, pelvic nerve damage--mainly urethral, urinary retention, pelvic reconstruction 7.10.07 (fixed rectocele, rectal prolapse, lifted bladder, urethra, uterus, and repaired vaginal walls), Raynaud's, 2 severely herniated discs in neck and one in low back, anemia, PCOS, anxiety/depression/panic attacks (since forever). Still having major bowel problems (inability to empty rectum...any ideas?? ).

I'd like to be on House, MD as a medical mystery.

Married to Craig, a saint amongst men...who puts up with me and my eccentricities...

Connor & Mommy by the tree:

Connor with Santa...so happy!

I take: LIQUID Atarax, Flomax, Soma (yet again), acidophilus, Glucosamine/Chondroitin with MSM & collagen, d-mannose. MAJOR flare from Cystoprotek! Re-trying freeze dried aloe vera w/some decent results!

Tried and failed: Elavil, Ultram, Prosed DS, Benadryl, Bentyl, Valium, Ativan, Zanaflex, Librax, Sanctura (all caused retention among other things), bladder instills (owwwwww!), Elmiron (allergic-throat tightening). Failed Interstim-no feeling in sacral nerves...

I'm allergic to penicillan, sulfa, reglan, quinolones, clindamycin, and now LATEX!

Comment

thanks girls.

Ok lets just say that I can be completely fine and then BAM i have to pee and don't seem to make it most of the time now. and this has been this way for about a month now.

Comment

I have no idea about my pelvic muscles....how would I know that?

Comment

Your doctor can test your pelvic floor muscles to see if they are dysfunctional (mine are, of course LOL, what isn't?) and you can do certain exercises to strengthen them, like kegels.

Comment

Oh. This is wild though. I mean years of not having issues and then whammo.

I am 26 years old....what a nice bday gift for me.

Comment

Aww it's your birthday? Happy Birthday! It's unfair that IC unloads all of this on us at a young age. I'll be 25 in October, it's just not fair we get hounded with all of this stuff.

Comment

Please talk with your doctor about this new problem. It may be easily fixed and it would be a shame to just continue to deal with it.

Warm encouraging hugs,
                  Donna
                  Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
                  Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
                  Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                  [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

They told me that when I feel that urge to physically STOP whatever i'm doing and sit/stand still. Take deep breaths and focus on "keeping the doors closed." After the strong urge passes, slowly walk to the bathroom.

Erika
                    IC diagnosed officially via cysto/urodynamics 1/26/07

Grade II Endometriosis diagnosed via lap 12/11/07

"Fall down seven times, Stand up eight."

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think."

Current Treatments:
                    Interstim Since 5/25/07!
                    Birth Control

Comment

Aww thanks.

Comment

Oh good info thanks. When the urge hits me I have tried that but most of the time I try so hard to get to the bathroom asap. causing my oops!!!

I will try that.

Comment

Working...
                        X