Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charisse
    replied
    What are the other RX meds? I thought I read somewhere recently that Urised was taken off the market and I think that's the only other burning med I'd heard about. I'm in the US by the way -maybe these other meds are in Canada or Europe?

Leave a comment:

• KristiV
    replied
    The burn has gone away for now, yea! I have had quite a number of days in a row where I have felt almost normal. Besides the itch here and there, and yesterday I ate Chick Fil A and the next time I used the restroom it burned as I was peeing. But then I drank alot of water, took some TUMS and felt better. The last time I had a bad day was in the middle of June. A little over a week ago I went off Elmiron to try to conceive and I was so concerned about how bad I would feel after I got off that medication, and I have been blessed by God that I have felt okay. Thanks for all of your suggestions!

Leave a comment:

• slukic
    replied
    You are my exact oposite.
    I get rid of burn - it is urgency that drives me crazy.
    (however no frequency - I can hold forever.. strange right)

This is what I did for burn:
    - Sit on the heated pillow (Sunbeam) you can get it in any pharmacy
    - Chinese herbs (did not take care of urgency but eliminated burn 100%)
    the standard mix for UTI worked... if you want to go in path of alternative medicine check your local ITM practitioner.
    - Puridium (but it is a temporary fix, not great in the long run)
    - warm baths (temporary fix)
    - backing soda w/water
    - exercise
    - some diet modifications (usual suspects)

I believe it is additional estrogen you might need, I had no experience with
    that but some people are using gel

Leave a comment:

• KristiV
    replied
    Donna,
    I don't keep track. All I drink is water, but that might be it. How much should I drink?

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    You didn't mention how much you are drinking. Not getting enough water to drink can cause burning because the urine becomes concentrated.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    Hi Kristi,
    Yeah, I did gain weight on the Elavil. Gained 35 pounds, have lost 12, still working on the other 23

Check with the doctor on the baking soda, okay? It's really high in sodium & I don't know about its use in pregnancy. Some patients have remission during their pregnancies, I'll pray that you're one of them!
    Good luck!
    Kadi

Leave a comment:

• KristiV
    replied
    My uro did not want to put me on Elavil because of weight gain, and also I am going off of Elmiron in two days because we are trying to conceive. I am assuming Elavil would be a drug I would not be able to use during this time. Am I right? Any other medications that will help the burning and able to be used during pregnancy? Thanks for the other suggestions Kadi, I will try them.

Leave a comment:

• kadi
    replied
    Elavil helped me with burning. Also changing to a birth control pill with more estrogen also helped.

For short term: gel ice pack? drink 1/2 tsp of baking soda dissolved in 8 oz water (if you don't have issues with sodium), rinsing with cool water during/after urination.

Glad you are feeling better & hope you have even better days ahead-

Leave a comment:

• KristiV
    started a topic Frequency/Urgency gone - Burning still here

Frequency/Urgency gone - Burning still here

I believe that my frequency and urgency have pretty much gone away, especially on good days. The past two days I have only used the restroom 4 or 5 times all day long. I don't feel like I have to use the restroom either most of the time. My problem is the burning feeling. The past two days have not been bad, but it is still there, any suggestions besides Tums and Prelief? Since my frequency and urgency have gone down, is it only a matter of time before the burning goes away or is it here forever?
Working...
X