Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could take away only one of your symptoms...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob says if he didn't like his so much, he would chop off his penis. LOL. Jill, wife of Bob

Comment

Wow, I'm glad he likes it!! But I understand the sentiment!!!
      Katie-46 yr old female dx'd with IC after 15 years of symptoms off and on long term antibiotic use, GERD,IBS and now IC diet, gallbladder removed, endometrial ablation w/tubes tied
      Lexapro-20 mg
      Aciphex
      Ambien-as needed
      Percocet-7.5 up to 3 per day as needed
      Valium-10 mg x2 per day
      Phenergan-1 at night
      Prelief w/everything
      Now recovering from acute pancreatitis

Currents treatments that help somewhat:
      Heating pad
      Hot baths
      Ice
      Being VERY still while lying down with legs elevated

Comment

one thing

Just what I was going to say!

Comment

Originally posted by waterflow View Post
          My Uro asked me this question many times in the beginning and always told him I could not choose. Be in pain 24/7 but not pee or pee every 10-15 minutes for life without pain? I just can't choose.
          Not to sound stupid but what is a perineum ?
          The perineum is the area between the anus and the genital organs.
          I am not a medical professional. I do not give medical advice. In all cases, I urge you to talk to your Dr. about your treatment options.

D/Xed 2003 with IC. Also have the co-existing condtions of VV, Vulvadynia, Lupus, Fibro, GERD, CPP, Endo, & Adhesions, and Depression

Meds: Estrogel (due to total Hyster)
          The meds r/xed by my Pain Dr. from the Pain Clinic are as follows: Morphine ER and IR, Baclofen, and Lyrica and Seroquel (used off-label as a sleeping pill, but it also helps with depression)

(I listed my meds in case someone reading this has been told like so many ICers that Drs dont r/x pain meds for IC.) I want you to know that there ARE tons of us who are also dealing w/this disease and the pain and many of us ARE on pain meds.)

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuckersmom View Post
            The urethral burning!!!
            Ditto. And connected with that -- to be able to have sex and not worry about hurting the next day or the day after that. I've never been able to do that.
            Mom to two littles (remissions while pregnant/breastfeeding)
            Sufferer since mid-90s
            Finally dx'd properly much later

Comment

The pain afterwards, lasts for 15 minutes before finally going away.

Comment

Feeling like I always have to go pee - is that urge? I think so, I'd get rid of the urge, I don't have alot of pain but if I did, it would be #1.
                Cindi

Gelnique for frequency/urgency - works great
                Macrobid after sex
                Prilosec, continuous birth control pills
                synthroid .088mg, mucinex-d, restasis

Supplements: Desert Harvest Aloe vera, Cysta-q, prelief, magnesium and calcium, Vit D, flaxseed oil

Diag Mild IC Jan 11 but have had symptoms for 25 years. Also have GERD, TMJ, IBS-C, chronic dry eye syndrome, hashimotos thyroiditis, non-allergic rhinitis.

IC Diet Link: http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf
                AUA 2011 Guidelines to diagnosing and treating IC overview- http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?p=571592
                AUA 2011 Guidelines to diagnosing and treating IC PDF: http://www.auanet.org/content/guidel...ent_ic-bps.pdf
                Great treatment flowchart on page 19 of the pdf

Comment

Burning when I go and just in general where my bladder is. I have much more burning than pain.
                  treatment:
                  -I follow the IC diet to the letter
                  -acupuncture and chinese herbs
                  -Prelief
                  -UTA
                  -instillations as needed
                  -beginning yoga and specialized yoga for breathing and relaxation
                  -Wellbutrin
                  -Klonopin

main symptoms: pain and burning

Comment

Working...
                  X