Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know of any natural ways to ease bladder spasms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know of any natural ways to ease bladder spasms?

Im on UTA for bladder spasms right at the momement, but would love to know if there is anything out there naturally I could take that would give me some relief. Just wondering if there is anyone out there who has found something natural that really helps. Looking forward to hearing from you guys!

Take care and Gpd Bless!

Sorry for my ignorance but what is UTA? I know its not natural but I gotta tell you the vesicare has completely stopped by spasms which is such a relief to me. I'll put up with the dry mouth just to be done with those! If you find something natural please post it.
    Cindi

Gelnique for frequency/urgency - works great
    Macrobid after sex
    Prilosec, continuous birth control pills
    synthroid .088mg, mucinex-d, restasis

Supplements: Desert Harvest Aloe vera, Cysta-q, prelief, magnesium and calcium, Vit D, flaxseed oil

Diag Mild IC Jan 11 but have had symptoms for 25 years. Also have GERD, TMJ, IBS-C, chronic dry eye syndrome, hashimotos thyroiditis, non-allergic rhinitis.

IC Diet Link: http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf
    AUA 2011 Guidelines to diagnosing and treating IC overview- http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?p=571592
    AUA 2011 Guidelines to diagnosing and treating IC PDF: http://www.auanet.org/content/guidel...ent_ic-bps.pdf
    Great treatment flowchart on page 19 of the pdf

Comment

Originally posted by cmclien View Post
      Sorry for my ignorance but what is UTA? I know its not natural but I gotta tell you the vesicare has completely stopped by spasms which is such a relief to me. I'll put up with the dry mouth just to be done with those! If you find something natural please post it.
      Hi Cmclien,,,,Thanks for your response. UTA is like prossed,,its a little blue tablet, and makes you pee blue...from what I have read about it on the net, it is supposed to do the same thing as prossed. My doctor told me they dont use prossed anymore, and that UTA is the next best thing.
      I have tried vesicare before, but it made me nautious! Im just trying to find something natural and cheaper,,,than UTA which is very expensive becsuse I dont have any insurance at the moment.

Have a great day and God Bless!

Comment

If you check the diet list there are foods and drinks that are supposed to be "soothing" to the bladder, like peppermint tea, etc, but I don't really know of any natural substitutes for Prosed or Vesicare. Sorry. I hope you find something. You might check on the first page under Natural alternatives (? I think there's a category for that). Maybe there's something there that could help you. Also, have you tried Azo?
        Katie-46 yr old female dx'd with IC after 15 years of symptoms off and on long term antibiotic use, GERD,IBS and now IC diet, gallbladder removed, endometrial ablation w/tubes tied
        Lexapro-20 mg
        Aciphex
        Ambien-as needed
        Percocet-7.5 up to 3 per day as needed
        Valium-10 mg x2 per day
        Phenergan-1 at night
        Prelief w/everything
        Now recovering from acute pancreatitis

Currents treatments that help somewhat:
        Heating pad
        Hot baths
        Ice
        Being VERY still while lying down with legs elevated

Comment

Originally posted by KatieB View Post
          If you check the diet list there are foods and drinks that are supposed to be "soothing" to the bladder, like peppermint tea, etc, but I don't really know of any natural substitutes for Prosed or Vesicare. Sorry. I hope you find something. You might check on the first page under Natural alternatives (? I think there's a category for that). Maybe there's something there that could help you. Also, have you tried Azo?
          Hi Katie,,Thanks for the reply!
          I looked at the list, thank you so much for telling me about that! Im going to get some peppermint tea today, anything to help these awful bladder spasms!
          I have tried azo before, it helped a bit, but i dont think it was strong enough. Im going to buy some "bladder calming foods" Thank you once again for the help.

Take care and God Bless!

Comment

Suzee - Have you tried taking vesicare with food? Or perhaps tried another anticholinergenic? There are many of them. There is also a patch called oxytrol that has virtually no side effects. I tried it and it did help with the spasms. It wasn't quite as good as the oral medicine but did work and might be useful for you. Unfortunately, at least for me the calming foods don't stop my spasms, maybe you'll have better luck.
            Cindi

Macrobid after sex

Supplements: Desert Harvest Aloe vera, Cysta-q, prelief, magnesium and calcium, Vit D, flaxseed oil

Diag Mild IC Jan 11 but have had symptoms for 25 years. Also have GERD, TMJ, IBS-C, chronic dry eye syndrome, hashimotos thyroiditis, non-allergic rhinitis.

AUA 2011 Guidelines to diagnosing and treating IC overview- http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?p=571592
            AUA 2011 Guidelines to diagnosing and treating IC PDF: http://www.auanet.org/content/guidel...ent_ic-bps.pdf

Comment

If the Azo helped, they do make a prescription strength that can be generic. And I don't think it's too expensive. I think it's actually one of the cheaper antispasmodics (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). It's called pyridium (again, correct me if I'm wrong). Maybe you should call your doc. Some doctors limited how long you can take it but I've seen others post that their doctors say to take it as needed. Only your doctor can say what's best for you. Good luck with whatever you try.
              Katie-46 yr old female dx'd with IC after 15 years of symptoms off and on long term antibiotic use, GERD,IBS and now IC diet, gallbladder removed, endometrial ablation w/tubes tied
              Lexapro-20 mg
              Aciphex
              Ambien-as needed
              Percocet-7.5 up to 3 per day as needed
              Valium-10 mg x2 per day
              Phenergan-1 at night
              Prelief w/everything
              Now recovering from acute pancreatitis

Currents treatments that help somewhat:
              Heating pad
              Hot baths
              Ice
              Being VERY still while lying down with legs elevated

Comment

Thanks Girls!
                Im going to look into the pyridium, and see about that. Anything that works well and is cheap, Im all for,,,,also going to look into the oxytrol patch. Thank you all so much for your imput..... has anyone heard of"pycnogenol",,its a herb and it works on imflamation of the blood vessels and works on the blood vessels as well....Just wondering if anyone has tried it and it if does any good

Take care and God Bless!

Comment

Easing bladder pain

I use pyridium and find it helps me much more than Prosed does. It colors the pee orange tho so you may want to wear a thin pad just in case you have some leakage because I have ruined some underpants because of not making it to the potty in time. Also, be careful with the herb teas. I tried some and they really irritated my bladder and set me back about a week....lots of pain from a blend of herbs in a tea I got in a health food store. I would stick with a single type herb and not try a mixture. Just a suggestion.

Comment

Thanks! Im definitely going to look into the pyridium......going to call my doctor and see what he says. if it works better than prossed, that would be great and if its cheap too!!!

Thanks for your reply!

Comment

I started the Oxytrol patch a couple of weeks ago.. and so far I like it.. does not constipate me at all like the pills did.. I have a bit of a dry mouth but that could be other med. I take or just dry air in house..

Pyridium made me really sick to my stomach..
                      God brought me to it, He will bring me through it!!!

Diagnosed 2003
                      by cysto/hydro
                      Elmiron took almost a year- made me sick, caused diarrhea
                      Pyridium -Made me sick
                      Detrol and Ditropan, Toviaz and Mrrbetriq- caused constipation and head ache.
                      Tried DMSO instill- had 5 out of 6
                      Started Oxytrol Patch-stopped using them after 3 months-- skin was getting irritated
                      Cysto/hydro April 6th 2011-- on expansion only hold one cup
                      IBS/ IC
                      High blood pressure meds and Crestor
                      Metformin (prediabetic)
                      Sinequan (depression)

Comment

Originally posted by lalarainbow View Post
                        I started the Oxytrol patch a couple of weeks ago.. and so far I like it.. does not constipate me at all like the pills did.. I have a bit of a dry mouth but that could be other med. I take or just dry air in house..

Pyridium made me really sick to my stomach..
                        How long does the Oxytrol patch work? and is it expensive? Thanks for your reply lalarainbow! I appreciate any imput at all.

Take Care and God Bless!

Comment

Hi, I have used the oxytrol patch too and may go back to it since there were no side effects (for me anyways). And lalarainbow is right, no constipation! You put a patch on twice a week, like Sunday and Thursday. It leaves a bit of a sticky residue but babyoil is the best thing I have found to get it off. The only downside is some people can't take it because they develop an allergic reaction to the s adhesive. I'm fairly sensitive and have been ok with it. Its normal for the skin under the patch to turn a little pink so you switch it to a different spot each time like hip or butt. They give you the option of the stomach but I personally don't like it there as I think that skin is more sensitive then the other two areas.

Expense wise it depends on how good of insurance you have! I think a months supply of the patches for me was around 80.00 so not as cheap as the pills. I think I just paid around 80.oo for a three month supply of those but worth it to avoid the side effects. The vesicare as much as I like it is making it hard for me to wear my contacts and I hate the dry mouth, I'm hoping they will become less.

Good luck!
                          Cindi

Macrobid after sex

Comment

Working...
                          X