worse AFTER peeing?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worse AFTER peeing?!

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone else had this symptom at all...

Generally, when I wake up in the morning my bladder doesn't feel TOO bad, however after I've been to the loo for some reason my bladder feels even MORE irritated than when it was full. Its so frustrating and doesn't make any sense? I feel like I need to go MORE after I've just been, and I don't feel relieved at all whenever I do go. Quite the opposite really. What do you think the reason for this could be???? I've had the tests done and I'm only leaving 20ml-ish behind after i've peed so it isn't retention...

Any replies greatly appreciated x

this happens to me sometimes premenustrally. my IC flares are worst and I have more pain after urinating.
    Diagnosed with IC October 2009- through bladder biopsy (no glomerations or hunners ulcers found, just irritation)

I have moderate-severe IC

Currently stopped taking all medications due to pregnancy

Comment

I feel like I still have to pee after I pee and generally my bladder still burns and hurts afterwards. Yes I get that too.
      45 year old
      IC symptoms, all my life
      Severe endometriosis since age 13, hysterectomy Oct 06
      IC diagnosed 1/11/05, Interstim implant May 09

Comment

Yup I am the exact same way with that too. As soon as I empty my bladder 1st thing in the AM, the cycle starts again with the constant need to pee, burning, etc. Its just a part of IC...Sucks, but you arent alone!
        Karen
        Currently Taking:
        20 mg Celexa
        fentanyl patch 12.5 mcg chgd every 3 days
        morphine IR 15 MG, up to 3x daily
        Xanax 1mg as needed (not taken daily)
        900 MG Oxycarbizine (mood disorder)
        300 MG Welbutrin
        Tizanidine 4 mg up to 20 mg daily as need
        Prevacid 30 mg
        Ambien as needed

my heating pad is my best friend, use daily on my lower back & pelvic area
        blessed to be able to receive massage & Amma , along with Avazzia therapy 3x weekly

Been diagnosed for 10 years now, consider myself pretty well versed in this disease & would love to help out with new IC sisters or brothers, feel free to message me.

Comment

Yup, me too. I often wonder if the act of emptying allows the now deflated bladder walls to rub together causing increased irritation. That's what it feels like is happening to me.

I always feel best when my bladder is mid-way with something in it. -Not too full, not empty.

Vicki
          "The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have."

Comment

I have the exact same symptom.

Comment

Originally posted by floridamom View Post
              Yup I am the exact same way with that too. As soon as I empty my bladder 1st thing in the AM, the cycle starts again with the constant need to pee, burning, etc. Its just a part of IC...Sucks, but you arent alone!

Me too!!!
              Katie-46 yr old female dx'd with IC after 15 years of symptoms off and on long term antibiotic use, GERD,IBS and now IC diet, gallbladder removed, endometrial ablation w/tubes tied
              Lexapro-20 mg
              Aciphex
              Ambien-as needed
              Percocet-7.5 up to 3 per day as needed
              Valium-10 mg x2 per day
              Phenergan-1 at night
              Prelief w/everything
              Now recovering from acute pancreatitis

Currents treatments that help somewhat:
              Heating pad
              Hot baths
              Ice
              Being VERY still while lying down with legs elevated

Comment

What does everybody do to help this symptom?

Comment

Originally posted by VickiB View Post
                  Yup, me too. I often wonder if the act of emptying allows the now deflated bladder walls to rub together causing increased irritation. That's what it feels like is happening to me.

I always feel best when my bladder is mid-way with something in it. -Not too full, not empty.

Vicki
                  am the exact same way, sometimes I dread the end of "going" because I know that pain is going to hit me! If I am doing my instills religously, it eases that pain.
                  Link to the patient information, everything from What is IC? to Disability
                  http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

American Urological Association Clinical Guideline
                  Diagnosis and Treatment of Intersitial Cysitis/Painful Bladder Syndrom
                  http://www.auanet.org/content/guidel...ent_ic-bps.pdf

Comment

I have the same problem! The burn is at it's worst after my first urine in the morning! The way I get around this is by either taking pyridium at bedtime or eating Tums! For some reason I can get by simply from eating tums before I go to bed and I no longer have the morning burns.

Good Luck!
                    Aleet7
                    DX'd with IC 5/08
                    other Dx's~SVT: had Catheter
                    Catheter Ablation Aug 19,2010
                    Migraines, PFD, Hypertension,
                    Prolapsed Pelvic
                    Organs and Degenerative Disc
                    Disease, Kidney stones, Insomnia
                    Two bulging discs w/tears and osteo
                    arthritis in multiple joints in the spine

Current Meds:Elmiron 400 mg per day
                    Benicar Hct 40-25mg for Hypertension
                    Norvasc 2.5
                    Vicoden as needed for pain
                    Cymbalta 30 mg
                    Prelief
                    CystaQ
                    Prosed
                    Lidoderm Patch

Psalm 121
                    I will lift up my eyes to the hills from whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth.

"Be Kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"

Comment

Try taking an antacid or Tums at night when you go to bed...this may help!

Aleet7
                      DX'd with IC 5/08
                      other Dx's~SVT: had Catheter
                      Catheter Ablation Aug 19,2010
                      Migraines, PFD, Hypertension,
                      Prolapsed Pelvic
                      Organs and Degenerative Disc
                      Disease, Kidney stones, Insomnia
                      Two bulging discs w/tears and osteo
                      arthritis in multiple joints in the spine

Current Meds:Elmiron 400 mg per day
                      Benicar Hct 40-25mg for Hypertension
                      Norvasc 2.5
                      Vicoden as needed for pain
                      Cymbalta 30 mg
                      Prelief
                      CystaQ
                      Prosed
                      Lidoderm Patch

Psalm 121
                      I will lift up my eyes to the hills from whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth.

"Be Kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"

Comment

Me too! Immediately after I urinate, it hurts --- I feel much better if I have some urine in my bladder for some reason.

Donna
                        Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
                        Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
                        Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                        [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Thanks Aleet7!! I will try that.
                          How many Tums do you take at bedtime? Is one enough?

Comment

I generally burn worse right before and during urination but I do get that feeling the first few times I pee in the morning. I often get the afterburn symptom when I have a uti.
                            TexasHoney

Let's keep praying for a cure.
                            IC Symptoms began in early 2001
                            Divorced : Sept 2002 (Partly due to IC)
                            Diagnosed with IC in April 2004
                            Most recent injury - Rupurtured Left Achilles Tendon
                            Wed Jan 28 2009
                            (Ice Storm Accident)
                            2nd Achilles Tendon Surgery - May 28, 2009 after re-injury on May 17
                            Other Injuries
                            Broken Left Ankle - July 2004 ( fell off ladder)
                            Broken Left Ankle (Again) - May 2005 (car accident)
                            Sprained Left Ankle - November 2006 ( fell off my aunts porch on Thanksgiving Day)

CURRENT MEDS
                            Elmiron, Pyridium

Comment

ah, well i'm glad to hear i'm not the only one with this crappy symptom

Comment

Working...
                              X