MONO and IC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MONO and IC

I have Mono and I was wondering if it affects IC, oh I am in so much pain. Burning in my side and back, my pelvic area it hurts to when or as I sit down. My legs are killing me. I had an urine culture it came back contaminated. I just don't know. I am drinking MT Dew. Trying to cut back on that but really since this MONO started OWEEE.

PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT TO DO. MY URO IS ALL THE WAY IN NC AT WAKE FORREST. THAT IS 3 HRS AWAY. MY GYNO IS 25 MIN AWAY OH PAIN. I HAVE A 8 YRO I CAN'T STAY OUT OF IT ALL THE TIME. THE LIDOCAINE KNOCKS ME OUT IN MY INSTALLATION. OH WELL I GUESS I AM SOLED.
    Coopsmom

"Through God All Things Are Possible"

Topamax for Migraines 50
    Elavil 12.5 mg
    Lidocaine 2% 10 cc
    Sodium Bicarb 8.4% 5 cc
    Heprain 20,000 Units
    Hydroxyzine 25 mgs
    Valium Sup. 10 mgs.
    Phenegran 25 mgs.
    Amerge 2.5 mgs.
    Lidocaine Gel 2%

Did you say you are drinking Mt Dew? That has a lot of caffiene in it, the most of all the soft drinks other than the new "energy" drinks. Caffiene causes a lot of IC patients problems, I think I would switch to water if I were you and see if that will help you some.
    I assume you see Dr Evans or someone else in the same practice. Why don't you call and ask them what you should do. Call and talk to the receptionist and let her know it is urgent, sometimes that will get your message answered faster. I think they answer based on severity of problem so make sure they understand that you are in a bad way and need some advice quickly.
    Good luck
    Link to the patient information, everything from What is IC? to Disability
    http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

American Urological Association Clinical Guideline
    Diagnosis and Treatment of Intersitial Cysitis/Painful Bladder Syndrom
    http://www.auanet.org/content/guidel...ent_ic-bps.pdf

Comment

yes i do see Dr. Evans he is an angel sent from God. I haven't ruled out a kidney stone either.
      Coopsmom

"Through God All Things Are Possible"

Topamax for Migraines 50
      Elavil 12.5 mg
      Lidocaine 2% 10 cc
      Sodium Bicarb 8.4% 5 cc
      Heprain 20,000 Units
      Hydroxyzine 25 mgs
      Valium Sup. 10 mgs.
      Phenegran 25 mgs.
      Amerge 2.5 mgs.
      Lidocaine Gel 2%