Birth Control Pills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth Control Pills

I was on yaz for 4 years and it helped with my IC tremendously. BUT it was giving me major migraines. Never realized it until the doctors couldnt find anything else wrong with me. I have been off yaz for 33 days..but due to having endometriosis i have to get on another birth control pill. They want me to try Sprintec. Anyway my question is.. Are you on the pill and if so what kind and do you think it helps the IC or makes it worse? Thanks

I was also on yaz and it did great for me too.. I was actually in remission for years before I tried yaz and it didn't make anything worse for me.. I loved it. I have not heard of Sprintec but I was also going to try Loestrin 24 to see if it would help with IC. Does anyone know about Sprintec??

Comment

I'm on a regular BCP....Necon.....I came down with IC when I went off of it to try and get pregnant. I think I am better on it and my symptoms abate when I have my period. I do get migraines, though but they are not that bad.

Comment

Sprintec is better known as Ortho-tri-cyclen. It's a monthly bc pill. I've been on ortho before and did well. My sister is also on it right now and likes it. I've been on generic Seasonale since Oct. 05 and it's worked well for me. I have no idea if it contributes (or contributed) to IC or not.

Comment

I'm on reclipsen (brand name is Apri). It is a monthly pill but I take it back to back with my dr's permission for 3 or 4 packs. My symptoms are definitely worse when I'm off of it and have my period but I assume its the pressure of tampons etc...maybe not. I also get migraines when I'm off of the pill which is why they started having me take it back to back. Now my gyne tells me to take it until I spot, go off for 4 nights then back on but I find that inconvenient as you never know how long it will be before you spot.
          Cindi

Gelnique for frequency/urgency - works great
          Macrobid after sex
          Prilosec, continuous birth control pills
          synthroid .088mg, mucinex-d, restasis

Supplements: Desert Harvest Aloe vera, Cysta-q, prelief, magnesium and calcium, Vit D, flaxseed oil

Diag Mild IC Jan 11 but have had symptoms for 25 years. Also have GERD, TMJ, IBS-C, chronic dry eye syndrome, hashimotos thyroiditis, non-allergic rhinitis.

IC Diet Link: http://www.ic-network.com/diet/2009icdietlist.pdf
          AUA 2011 Guidelines to diagnosing and treating IC overview- http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?p=571592
          AUA 2011 Guidelines to diagnosing and treating IC PDF: http://www.auanet.org/content/guidel...ent_ic-bps.pdf
          Great treatment flowchart on page 19 of the pdf

Comment

I'm on Seasonique for endometriosis, so I only get my period every three months. I've only been on it 6 months and diagnosed with IC for 2 months, but I haven't noticed any change in my IC symptoms.

Comment

Thanks girls!

Well I ended up being put on Mononessa which is another generic form for Ortho Cyclen. I started it last night. I woke up in the middle of the night a little nauseated.. but was fine when I got up this morning. I pray I can take it and don't have any crazy mood swings and it wont hurt my bladder or cause migraines. I wish you all the best of luck

Comment

Working...
              X