Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nitheninny
    replied
    I'm not sure about my specific kidney stone type, but I know that with kidney stones in general, if you push your urine pH too far in either direction, you can cause certain types of stones.

Leave a comment:

• cmclien
    replied
    Good idea to ask your doctor. I thought someone else on here with kidney stones said its better to raise the ph with these things?? I can't remember but I know there is a thread on it.

Leave a comment:

• nitheninny
    replied
    I'm nervous about drinking baking soda or taking calcium/magnesium supplements because I have a history of kidney stones. I'll have to ask my doctor about it.

I've thought of ice packs, but it'd be pretty awkward to sit in class with one on my crotch, haha. Has anyone tried like handwarmers or icy-hot wraps, something that could go discreetly under clothing?

Leave a comment:

• cmclien
    replied
    I don't know, better call your doc and ask.

Leave a comment:

• Mothergoose
    replied
    you could try an ice pack for hte 2o mins.

Leave a comment:

• Linda May
    replied
    i have high bood pressure but its controlled with med, could i have baking soda?

Leave a comment:

• cmclien
    replied
    If you don't have high blood pressure you could try 1/2tsp baking soda in water. If that gets rid of it for awhile then that would point to the ph of your urine being too low. Taking calcium and magnesium with your meals can help that too instead of having to drink the baking soda water which is kinda nasty and loaded with sodium.

Leave a comment:

• nitheninny
    started a topic Urethral burning after urination

Urethral burning after urination

Does anyone have any good tips for treating urethral burning after urination? I've been having it fairly badly over the past couple of days, and it's getting really frustrating. When this happens, it's very hard for me to focus on whatever I'm doing, since all I want to do is go and sit on the toilet in the hopes that maybe if I pee even a little bit, the pain will go away. It generally fades over the course of ~20 minutes or so, so it's not completely unbearable, but those 20 minutes can be hell. I'm just wondering if there's anything that can be done for this.
Working...
X