Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going out at night ? Cut back on your water?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• izazen
    replied
    Thanks for the comments.

Wednesday will be a challenge as I have to go to the hair stylist (1 unisex bathroom lots of clients!!) and then out to dinner at a fancy restaurant preceeded by a small house party.

Hmmmm...as there will be a small group of us I'm always so embarrassed if I have to "go" more than 1 or two times as you have to stand up and everyone pretends like they don't notice. I know I'll have to "go" at the house when I get there and then before I leave and God knows how many times at the restaurant as we will be there for several hours.

Yuck!! I'm dreading it and I should be looking forward to it. I wake up in the morning and worry about it -plan my strategy, etc. Last time this came up I almost had an accident (!) as I had already "gone" 2 or 3 times and, although I needed to "go" before we left for the drive home I tried not to as I was too embarrassed and I had a little spill over, if you know what I mean.
    Of course those 2 glasses of wine didn't help!!

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    If I'm not going to have good bathroom access, I may cut down on liquids for a couple of hours before I go, but not much more than that.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• cmclien
    replied
    My new method is to drink a bunch of water in the morning and then take an azo/pyrdium before I go. That way I won't feel the burn from not drinking enough. I usually will take a 16oz bottle of water with me and I ration it over 4 or 5 hours which seems like it would be enough but usually isn't.
    Like the other two I am thirsty all the time. I drink way more then the "normal" 8 glasses a day. I probably drink closer to 10 or 12 when I throw in my tea etc. I am more comfortable bladder wise when I've got enough to pee.

Leave a comment:

• KatieB
    replied
    I stay thirsty too. Plus if I cut back on water my bladder hurts more and it's more difficult for me to pee. Luckily for car trips I have an understanding husband. As far movies, concerts, etc, I haven't made that jump yet. Maybe someday but not now. Good luck!!!

Leave a comment:

• Linda May
    replied
    i dont have the answer i stay thirsty alot and i have not ridden in a car to far. hopefully i will be able to travel long distance win the time comes.

Leave a comment:

• izazen
    started a topic Going out at night ? Cut back on your water?

Going out at night ? Cut back on your water?

If you are going out to the theater or some place without super easy access to bathrooms - do you reduce the amount of water you drink that day leading up to it?

This question, also, applies to say, going on a car trip -another situation where bathrooms may not be plentiful.

Thanks for any information. I'm not sure what to do in these cases as I feel guilty cutting back and may regret it the next day.
Working...
X