Nocturnia is the Devil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nocturnia is the Devil

Ugh...I never had it until now. It came out of nowhere. My usual pelvic pain has gotten a little bit better in the last two weeks, but has been replaced by nocturnia and insomnia. I also feel nauseous at night.

It's definitely effecting my quality of life during the day. Going to the uro a week from Friday.

Any tips in the meantime? Thanks for letting me vent.
    DX: IC, V, VV, PFD, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, PN (just chronic inflammation of the nerve, not an entrapment), Depression

Current Treatments: Effexor XR, Gabapentin, Oral Valium, Methadone, Lidocaine, ice/heat packs, sometimes vaginal valium suppositories, Vicodin

My Pelvic Pain Blog

FB Fanpage for My Pelvic Pain Blog

Talk with doc about the best times to take your meds. Sometimes a small adjustment can help (like with or without food, how soon before bed, cause you don't want a pill sitting in between your throat and tummy, etc). If there is something you can take for indigestion that does not interact with your meds, that's an option as well. Would not suffer too long without speaking with him/her altho you have an ucoming appt. Maybe doc will adjust your stuff right away over the phone and see how you react. Worth a shot!

Comment

AFter 3.5 years of 3 hours or less of sleep a night, I went to the pain mgmt. doctor and he put me on muscle relaxers. First time in years I am getting 4-6 hours of sleep a night (about once a week I get 7!!!!). I am taking 6 mg. of zanaflex and an ambien cr. The zanaflex really helps relax my bladder and cut down the frequency at night and I am profoundly grateful!

Comment

been suffering for YEARS with it from IC it is the devil

Comment

Working...
        X