Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cmclien
    replied
    Yes, flaxseed oil is great. I take 6grams of that a day due to my dry eye syndrome but I know its just good for me all around. I also think the desert harvest aloe vera capsules go a long way in helping reduce inflammation too.

Leave a comment:

• musiclover
    replied
    It might be a little hotter than usual due to inflammation in the bladder that's heating it up. Maybe you should try some natural anti-inflammatories? Like flax seed oil. Exercise also reduces inflammation.

Leave a comment:

• cmclien
    replied
    I have found for me personally I have to take about 50-50 or close to it. Most days I take 1000-1200mg magnesium and close to or maybe a little more in calcium. Thats too much for most people and will give them diarrhea. Alls it does to me is make me regular! I'm not suggesting you take that much but perhaps increase it until you find you have relief daily.

My burning pee has finally gone away again. I really don't know what starts it and i don't know really why it ends but I should test my urine to see if those leukocytes are gone and post because I'm pretty convinced they're related in my particular circumstance. I took macrobid for about a week and did feel better even though no nitrates.

Leave a comment:

• 425runner
    replied
    Yes, I take 400 mg Mg Citrate at night with the Calcium. Are you saying to take 200 mg Magnesium with each dose of Calcium instead? Even then I'm constipated...the other meds I'm taking do that already and honestly, I haven't noticed any improvement with adding the Calcium.

Leave a comment:

• cmclien
    replied
    [QUOTE=425runner;574766I've tried Calcium - it made me constipated, can't take baking soda.[/QUOTE]

You've got to take it with magnesium or yes, it will definitely constipate!

Leave a comment:

• earthlady
    replied
    425runner- When I'm out and have to use the restroom I wet some tp and take into the stall at a pubic restroom and wash off with it. Jill had recommended taking a small spritz bottle in your purse filled with water and using it to spray yourself off. We don't have bidets in this country that I've seen, but it sure sounds like a good idea to me.

Leave a comment:

• 425runner
    replied
    I've been having a flare for a few days now and boy...it feels like urinating hot acid that burns just about everything down there. My labia hurt and the entire area feels hot. I drink about a gallon/day to dilute this but still hurts.
    Only thing that helps is filling a 1l bottle with luke warm water and just pouring it on after urinating, I can only do this at home.

I've tried Calcium - it made me constipated, can't take baking soda.

Leave a comment:

• earthlady
    replied
    I've had the same sensation. I always thought it was from the external skin being so irritated from the urine frequency that it was burning my skin and making it feel hot. Interesting to find out if the temperature of the urine actually goes up.

Leave a comment:

• cmclien
    replied
    Let us know if the two are related, I'd be very curious. I usually do take a couple extra prelief or calcium when mine is that way but I haven't tested it.

Leave a comment:

• playethic
    replied
    I absolutely get the hot hot urine. I too have thought there must be a significant temperature difference. I know I don't have a UTI.
    One thing I haven't figured out and I find very curious: my main symptom is blinding pelvic pain. So I would have thought that the hot urine (a secondary symptom) would be in sync - hottest when pelvic pain is most intense. But that's not the case. They aren't in sync.
    I find that quite odd, and wonder why that might be.

I have just begun experimenting with Ph strips, so that I can discover accurately whether hottest urine equals highest acidity numbers.

Leave a comment:

• Dees1977
    replied
    I've had it too

I then try to drink a lot of water to flush my urine out. That always helps the hot burning feeling. I to have used a little bit of baking soda in water and that helps also. Hope you feel better soon.

Leave a comment:

• Zygala87
    replied
    Diluting your urine with drinking a lot of water might help. I hope so. Hugs, Ziggy

Leave a comment:

• Charisse
    replied
    It's happened to me several times before and never been a UTI. And it's gone now even though I was still in pain last night my urine was only hot for the first half of the day. I also feel like it's inflammation inside heating it up. I will definitely test the temp the next time it happens. It is weird.

Leave a comment:

• Bekah79
    replied
    I usually only have this symptom when I get get that when I have an infection. I think it would be a good idea for to br checked for a uti just be on the safe side.
    Last edited by Bekah79; 03-18-2011, 05:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MelindaP
    replied
    YES!!! It's so funny, I was just thinking out this the other day. This actually only happened to me when my IC first hit. My urine was actually HOT! ( i could feel the heat radiating off it when I put my hand above the water). I told my uro at the time, but he just dismissed it. (But he was not an ic expert). I believe it was that my bladder was so inflammed it was hot & heating up my urine! I have not had that in a long time. Knock on wood, the Elmiron has helped my bladder, now I just deal with a burning urethra all the time-ugh! Try drinking the baking soda in water. I know it's gross, but it should help calm your bladder down.
    MelindaP

Leave a comment:

Working...
X