Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So much frequency when drinking water...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So much frequency when drinking water...

Obviously I know water is good for us, but I have the most frequency when I drink water. Even if I drink things forbidden on the IC diet I don't have the frequency (or pain). I didn't used to drink much water before I had IC, so I'm wondering if the water is the real reason for the frequency now that I'm otherwise well controlled with meds. It's so frustrating.
    ~Ashley

I never had issues with frequency before diagnosis, and it seemed like overnight my frequency went up a lot! I freaked out thinking I was getting worse, and it took me a good 4 months to realize- I was peeing a lot more because I was drinking A TON more. I seriously felt like an idiot after realizing it. As soon as I was diagnosed I started drinking HUGE amounts of water, thinking it would help I guess. As soon as I scaled my water intake back to more "normal" amounts, I was fine. The only thing I drink besides water is milk, and I have noticed that I pee more with water than milk. Weird!
    Symtoms started July 2010.
    Severe pelvic floor pain only.

2 time PT graduate!
    In medical remission since August 2011; able to eat and drink anything I want currently.

IC meds:
    200 mg Elmiron in the morning
    100 mg Elmiron @ night
    Macrobid after intercourse

03/11 07/11 01/12
    If at first you don't succeed: 07/26/2013!

Comment

I was drinking WAY too much water and liquids at the beginning of my symptoms and I think it actually made things worse. I kept thinking I wanted to just 'flush' everything out of my bladder to make it feel better. But I think the constant contractions of my bladder after drinking so much liquid irritated it more. I keep it at a pretty normal level now of liquid intake, and my bladder feels a lot better.

Comment

Me, too. Water goes right through me - lots of urgency. I

I've cut way back. Evian is the best for me, though, it seems the most mild.

Comment

I'm not even drink that much anymore! Yesterday I only drank a 700 ml bottle and went alllllll day. It's terrible, but I feel better if I am somewhat dehydrated - like from drinking pop, which doesn't bother my IC, luckily. I know there's other reasons it's not good to be dehydrated besides IC, but I hate all this peeing! I can't drink pop all day too because I think that's why I gained so much weight (I had a really stressful week at school last week and was drinking a lot of it and I hate diet pop!). But with drinking water (like yesterday, even though I didn't have that much), my bladder feels like it gets tired of getting filled up all the time and I go and it doesn't feel like it all comes out.

*Please note, I'm not advising anyone to drink pop!*

Before I was diagnosed I was going at least every 30 min most of the time and hardly anything would come out. I had this drive to drink a ton of water too...I had this chronic yeast thing going on too and it seemed to make me feel slightly better. I don't have the drive to drink as much anymore, though. I have dry mouth a lot though and I chew so much gum it's ridiculous!
          ~Ashley

Comment

Working...
          X