Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dg2901
    replied
    I of course started with my primary care DR. After a couple of trips w/o improvement I was referred to a URO. On my own I also brought my issues to the attention of my GYN who also happens to be a UROGYN. The URO and UROGYN manage my care now. Saying all of that, my insurance plans dont require a referral to see a GYN, and a lot of GYN's are now sub-specializing in urology, so it wouldnt be unusual to seek help from your GYN. I think primary care Dr's are fine, however theres not a whole lot they can do when it comes to complicated issues (which urology falls into that category).

Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I would start with a primary care physician --- he/she will usually make an appropriate referral.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• tootsietex
    started a topic Help ! Do I need a Uro or a Gyn?

Help ! Do I need a Uro or a Gyn?

Hello , I am new here and was wondering if some of you could geive me some advise? I've had Ic or lazy baldder for several years was pretty bad for a few years then seemed to kinda fade away, but know that I am perimenopause it is showing up again. After reading alot of posts and other info I think maybe it could be caused my hormones. I went to a DR, the other day she had no clue what I was talking about. Can someone advise me in this case do I need to see a uro or a gyno? Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.
Working...
X