X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carolyn M
    replied
    Thanks MG & Ollie R~
    Yes MG, my Mom is definately old school and when I'm on a roll, she does go into defensive mode, and can be very difficult in that she doesn't want to step on any toes, she may agree but is very shy in nature with others, always has been, and finds it hard to voice her opinion, I on the other hand am very vocal and have no problem with giving my opinion, you and I are definately the same in that respect! I sometimes think she wishes I would not call for at least a day, give her a breather, so to speak.

OllieR~
    Both you and MG are right, and I am pushing for Mom to go through with her appt. and pray that she does. I will continue to push even if she does get sick of me, it's for her own good and for me, shelfish reasons, she's too good to loose!!! I'm glad OllieR that you do keep a possitive attitude, your very young and can't imagine what any of you go through except to see what my Mother has gone through. You uplift me and I call and read to my Mother what you post and she too is amazed at your being so possitive, she thinks that at least she is older and can at least be at home and doesn't know how one so young can go through such terrible times, you give her hope and for me it makes me so greatful!! Thank you both, you seem to be the of two you, I now look forword to when I come to the IC network. Your both so insiteful and full of energy and the rub off is wonderful for me and my Mom, I feel like I have both of you as friends, and I thank you for that! I pray for you everyday to recieve healing! Talk to you soon, Carolyn

Leave a comment:

• OllieR
    replied
    Hey! Glad to hear the bleeding has stopped, at least for now. I think it helps to worry less (which is terribly hard with IC of course!), but then again it sounds like now she may not be worrying enough lol! I do hope she keeps the appointment, I think you have a very good point about waiting until the day before to make her mind. No harm in this. Also, if she is worried about them "going in" you know that she doesn't have to have anything done she doesn't want done. Now, they may not feel comfortable prescribing certain things if she refuses a test or procedure, but I know for me I am more comfortable if I go in once and just talk about things, go home, decide, and then come back feeling more confident.

What you said about your mother was just about the sweetest thing ever. I feel the same way for mine, I don't know what I would do without her! It sounds like you guys have a great relationship and that is so important. And thanks for the compliment you paid me, I do try to stay as positive as possible as I know it helps me feel much better - some days are easier than others lol!

MG, I think it's funny you talk about your mother being from a different era from with doctors. I am quite young, especially to be in a uro office, and on several occasions I've had doctors get frustrated with me and say, "why can't you just be like my older patients who don't question everything so darn much!?" Lol. Those who've said it never meant it in harm, they just also think the difference is a bit strange and new.

Leave a comment:

• Mothergoose
    replied
    My Mom is my best friend too but she is from an era where Dr's are gods and you don't question them, it drives me nuts, and sometimes I sound like a broken recordered you need to get that looked at. But it often falls on deaf ear, and I think your mom needs to still deal with this, these things have a habit for IC pts to happen again.
    Take Care MG

Leave a comment:

• Carolyn M
    replied
    Here, here MG~
    I'm on the same page, like I said before, if it was his Mother, daughter or child or anyone he truly cared for, a two month wait would have never entered his mind, and now that time has passed and Mom is no longer bleeding, the fear for her is gone, and I think she still needs to address it, but it is difficult to tell anyone what you think they should do or try and make them do it. She knows how I feel and all I can do at this point is pray that nothing serious is wrong. My Mom is my all time best friend and I want her to get better so I can have her for many more years. The Dr's make me crazy but my Mom has to be the one to make it happen, I pray she keeps the Appt. will keep you posted if it transpires. Thanks for touching base, it helps to know that people care about what happens to those they have never even met and your response is truly appreiciated. Hope you are well, Carolyn

Leave a comment:

• Mothergoose
    replied
    I don't really wish any ill thought on people but sometimes I do wish these receptionist (which I know are the Dr's protectors) could walk in our shoes for a day and see if they weren't a little more attentive to giving messages or sending out recursions etc.

MG

Leave a comment:

• Carolyn M
    replied
    Good morning OllieR~
    Still nothing from the OBGYN, they simply forgot she even called. She is on a cancellation list with her URO, but is thinking about cancelling her APPT since she is no longer is bleeding, because she knows that they will have to go back in, and although the pain has never really subsided for her, it isn't as acute as when they went in the first time. I have asked her to please keep her appt. and when it get's right down to it she can always cancel the day before. She thinks she bled from all the NSAIDS and she could have, but I know shes thinking about it all the time and maybe that alone will be enough for her to keep the appt. I will keep you posted, she did say if she bled again she would go straight to Urgent Care, as she has not taken any pain relievers with NSAIDS since. Thanks for checking, I hope your doing okay and have found some relief for yourself, you seem to radiate possitivity, that's a wonderful thing to have when your up against any kind of disease, keep it going and we'll chat soon. Carolyn

Leave a comment:

• OllieR
    replied
    Hey, did you ever find out anything more for your mom? How is she doing?

Leave a comment:

• Carolyn M
    replied
    Thanks OllieR~
    Were still waiting, her Uro knows what's up but doesn't seem too concerned and we still haven't any word from her OBGYN, I just pray it's nothing major! I'll keep everyone posted as to what happens. Thanks for your kind words, Carolyn

Leave a comment:

• OllieR
    replied
    Hey. I'm glad I could offer some advice to you and your mom. Don't feel bad about her taking comfort in what I wrote. It feels sooo much better to know you aren't going through something alone. I would advice, however, not to take too much comfort. Peeing pure blood, or any visible blood is a problem. I always get checked out if this happens. I get tested for an infection and usually ramp up how often I do my instills if it turns out to be an IC flare. Have you called the office where she has an appointment? If not, you should tell them about this problem; if they think it could be more serious they will work you in. You can also ask to be put on a list where you will be called if there is a cancellation.

I hope your mom starts to feel better. It's so bad how stress and anxiety can make IC worst, but it's impossible not to have those two things when you have IC lol! Oh man.

Leave a comment:

• Carolyn M
    replied
    Thanks OllieR~
    I will read my Mother your post. My Mother is 64 yeasr old, she will be sad to learn that you are so young. I have seen what she has gone through and read many painful strories here on the network, for someone your age having had to experience this disease for most of your life, it's an awful shame. Unfortunately I believe my Mother will find some measure of comfort in knowing that someone else has had blood in their urine due to IC. Her Uro appointment is two months off an she is still waiting to hear something back from her OBGYN, see if there are other tests available to nail down what is going on. The bleeding has stopped for now, but her nerves are on edge and she's has lost 5 LBS since, if this continues she'll be in more trouble. I pray for you, everyone here and my Mother each day for healing. I will keep you posted just as soon as we find anything out. Thanks for your help! Carolyn

Leave a comment:

• OllieR
    replied
    Keep us posted! I have had visible blood in my urine during a flare due to "pin point" and small ulcers, but not pure blood. I agree that she needs medical attention immediately. I hope she gets help soon. Unfortunately I feel drug abuse has hindered this, but patients in general have the right to be made comfortable, especially in response to severe pain.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    I hope she gets some attention soon.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• Carolyn M
    replied
    Thanks Landish~
    I think she is so scared that they will go inside, and I'm sure they will but I don't tell her that because she ended up with all this pain after they went in the first time over a year ago and the pain has never left. I don't believe I have ever witnessed anyone in such pain, pain that you all go through, I can't even imagine. My Mother told me she thinks IC is killing her. I want to tell her to hang in there but when I see her and talk to her I can't do it because the pain is so bad. I just pray the pain ends and she'll be okay. If she doesn't quit bleeding, she promised she will call tomorrow. I would take her myself, but I'm back in AZ now and she's in CA. Thanks for your help, your all in my prayers. Carolyn
    Last edited by ICNDonna; 05-10-2011, 09:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Landish
    replied
    I have severe IC and I have only had blood in my urine once and it was after a hydrodistetion. I know we are all diferent but if it is not an infecction I think it's important to find out what's going on as soon as possible.

Leave a comment:

replied
    ...and change doctors ASAP!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X