Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sabstory
    replied
    How many people struggle to be able to work with this condition? I feel like I am constantly on the edge of losing my job because of absences and inability to do some of the tasks, not to mention how much time I spend in the bathroom.

Leave a comment:

• bubbe1
    replied
    emptying bladder

sabstory,
    I'm sorry you're having a hard time.
    Hopefully the new Uro will have some better answers for you.
    In the meantime, stick with the diet as best you can, use heat and try to relax a bit. I know that's a tough one, but it helps the bladder muscles.
    Good luck.
    Laurie

Leave a comment:

• sabstory
    replied
    I asked the Uro about the difficulty emptying but he just dismissed it. Calling a new Uro on Monday. Other than the diagnoses, I feel like I have wasted the last 5 months or so with this one. I have had lidocaine/elmiron instills, but they don't help much, sometimes I think its a waste of time to do them at all. Since the instills I have a more difficult time feeling like I have managed to completely empty my bladder. I am tired and frustrated and in so much pain. I feel like all I do is take pills, complain, pee, and try to sleep.
    I am taking Elmiron, Phenergan, Elavil, Zoloft, and I just started Lyrica today. I am hoping the Lyrica will help with the pain. I know that the people who read this are just like me, in pain and grasping to find anything that will help, and I feel bad for complaining so much.
    I quit drinking caffeine and I am trying to modify my diet, but my food allergies make it difficult. And the pain fogs my brain and makes me irritable, and impatient.
    I am 6 months in (unless you count the month I spent in pain about 18 months ago, but they thought I had kidney stones, but they couldn't find any).
    6 months and I am in as much pain today as I was in the beginning.

Leave a comment:

• Mothergoose
    replied
    No this is not normal, I had a urodynamics test for simular symptoms. At the beginning of the test you come in with a full bladder, they then sit me on a chair type potty that measures pressure, time, starts stops etc.

They told me to pee into the pot, they kept comeing in and asking me if I was done.

When the whole test was over the Dr. told me it took me 4 1/2 mins to pee 300cc's which should take the adverage person 30 secs. and that I still had way more urine left in my bladder.

Hence I was diagnosed with severe urinary retention due to the duetur muscle not working.

So no it is not normal, you need to go get it check out right away, i have since read if caught early this can be helpped.

Good luck MG

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    That is absolutely not typical. Our kidneys do send a trickle into our bladders constantly --- I wonder if what you're doing is waiting while that happens. Are you on any medications?

I think you should discuss this with your doctor.

Warm hugs,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• sabstory
    started a topic Emptying Bladder

Emptying Bladder

How long does it take to empty your bladder? Sometimes I can sit and trickle for 30 minutes or more. Is this typical?
Working...
X