X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bri1121
    ICN Member
    • May 2011

Where is your pain?

I have been dealing with bladder issues since October. But a few months ago I started getting a pain near where I believe my right ovary to be. I actually thought I had an ovarian cyst and went to the gyno. She didn't feel anything during the pelvic exam. When she saw WBC in my urine she said it was a UTI and that was why I was having pain. But then learned I never had an UTI. So I don't know if I should go back (or find another she was not really interested in what I had to say) and say it is still there?
  • ICNDonna
    ICN Staff
    • Mar 2000

Are you seeing a urologist for your bladder issues? If not, I think that could be a good idea.

Warm hugs,
    Donna
    Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
    Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

• bri1121
      ICN Member
      • May 2011

Yes I am thats how I found out I did not have a UTI. He did a clean catch and there was no bacteria. I am waiting for ultrasound results from last week.

But I hate running around to a ton of doctors and don't know if this pain is something else that could possibly from IC? The gyno said an UTI could cause pain there so I was wondering if IC could too?

Comment

• ICNDonna
        ICN Staff
        • Mar 2000

It could easily be the IC --- IC pain can feel like an infection; some of us have difficulty telling the difference between an IC flare and a UTI.

Donna
        Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
        Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
        Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
        [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

• bri1121
          ICN Member
          • May 2011

Sigh its so frustrating!! The pain has me thinking all bad things of what could be going on. I wish the gyno would have done an ultrasound.

I guess I will wait to see what the URO says and go from there.

Comment

• Mothergoose
            ICN Member
            • Mar 2008

I understand your frustration, but just relax thinking all the worst things will not help.

I for one frequently get pain on my right side where my overy would be, I did have lots of cysts on my overy but pretty much consistanly when it was a cyst the pain increased each day.

IC the pain ussally stayed about the same.

I also expect most gynos would not send you for an ultra sound without being able to feel a cyst. Being that small it problably is not going to cause you any problems.

I hope you find out soon. MG
            My are with you all. May you all find a way to peace and joy in your lives.

Comment

• Kirs10
              ICN Member
              • Apr 2006

I too have pain on the right side near my ovary, well where it would be if still there. I have alot of abdominal pain, a band that is about 5 inches long and starts right under my belly button, and runs a circle all the way around my body. It feels to me like I am in labor all the time, constant contractions back to back all the time.
              I do get pain that is right above my pubic bone, but that isn't as painful as the abdominal pain.
              I hope that this is helpful if you need or want to chat, private message me.
              Hope you feel better.
              Kirsten
              Started Vaginal Valium Suppositories April 2014
              Hysterectomy April 2003 (for abdominal pain),Diagnosed with IC August 2003
              Diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Disorder 2004,Had right ovary and fallopan tube removed 2005
              Diagnosed with diverticulosis 2006,Interstim December 2006,Home Instillations 2007-not effective
              Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia November 2007,Appendectomy February 2008,
              Interstim repair December 2008,Removal of the Interstim August 2011,
              6 Hydrodistentions from 2003-2009 Diagnosed with restless leg syndrome March 2014
              Diagnosed with Raynaud's Syndrome November 2013
              Ambien 5mg for sleep.
              Elivil 50 mg at bed
              Lisinopril 20mg in AM
              Effexor 225 mg
              Oxycodone 10 mgs 2 x a day for pain
              Baclofen 20mg 3x a day
              Phenazopyridine 200 mg as needed
              Omeprazole 20 mg at night
              Lyrica 450 mg daily
              Requip .50 mg at night
              Ketorolac 10 mg as needed for migraines

Comment

• bri1121
                ICN Member
                • May 2011

Originally posted by Kirs10
                I too have pain on the right side near my ovary, well where it would be if still there. I have alot of abdominal pain, a band that is about 5 inches long and starts right under my belly button, and runs a circle all the way around my body. It feels to me like I am in labor all the time, constant contractions back to back all the time.
                I do get pain that is right above my pubic bone, but that isn't as painful as the abdominal pain.
                I hope that this is helpful if you need or want to chat, private message me.
                Hope you feel better.
                Kirsten
                And this is from the IC? I am freaking out about all the possibilities that could be causing this pain. Mine sounds exactly like yours.

I keep feeling like I am falling apart but it might all be related to the same thing. So frustrating!!

Comment

• brenda54
                  ICN Member
                  • Jun 2011

My pain is also in my right side and will go around my back,my gyno did an ultrasound and all female organs are ok.The uro that I am going to said she didn't think it was from IC but maybe my colon.If she could read all of the post on here maybe she would learn something. I am going to my family Dr. this afternoon just to let him check me out.The burning in my side seems to be worst when I am sitting down and laying down.I hate it!!!!

Comment

• bri1121
                    ICN Member
                    • May 2011

Its funny I googled right side abdominal pain and a few post from this site with others talking about the same pain. I think its good to get it checked out. I will. But I am sure you would have other symptoms if it was the colon causing pain like that? But hey what do I know. In my mind if an UTI can cause pain there than why not IC.

Comment

• ReneeWest
                      ICN Member
                      • Sep 2010

strange how i could copy and paste most of your posts and well, that's my story too.
                      for years i just kept going back to the DR and the OB. they both tossed me back and forth, "we just can't find anything". finally i got a referral to a Reproductive Endocronologist who HEARD what I was saying, did surgery for my deep endometriosis (which most gyno's won't do) and had a URO do a cystoscopy at the same time as the surgery, who diagnosed IC.
                      long story short... keep pushing the Dr's. Someone will help you. Just be persistent.

Comment

• bri1121
                        ICN Member
                        • May 2011

Originally posted by ReneeWest
                        strange how i could copy and paste most of your posts and well, that's my story too.
                        for years i just kept going back to the DR and the OB. they both tossed me back and forth, "we just can't find anything". finally i got a referral to a Reproductive Endocronologist who HEARD what I was saying, did surgery for my deep endometriosis (which most gyno's won't do) and had a URO do a cystoscopy at the same time as the surgery, who diagnosed IC.
                        long story short... keep pushing the Dr's. Someone will help you. Just be persistent.
                        Do you think your pain was from the endo though? Thats always a thought in my head too.

Comment

• ReneeWest
                          ICN Member
                          • Sep 2010

at the time i had already had one endo surgery and was taking BC, then Letrozole, and was in constant pain. the RE suggested it might be IC, which seemed outrageous to me at the time. I was sure it was endo. But after I was diagnosed with IC, I started a very strict elimination diet. I had to do something... I was just in sooo much pain!
                          Most of the times these days when I think it's endo, it turns out to be IC. I'm taking Lupron monthly injections and I know it's working (bc some of the side effects.. hot flashes, no periods...). So, even though sometimes I still think it's endo, I know it has to be IC. It makes me realize how many different ways IC can affect me. My back hurts, the area where I flare is actually bigger than I thought, I really notice urgency, frequency, etc.
                          It's almost impossible to tell, I'm sorry about that. No matter how much we think we know our bodies, pain is a weird thing. It just does what it wants!
                          Renee

Comment

• JUSTIN072005
                            ICN Member
                            • Oct 2010

i am so happy to find this thread on here, i have been having a lot of right side pelvic pain near my ovary and even ended up in the ER because of it. Ruled out cysts and pregnancy so i amd my Gyno are at a loss as to what it could be. I figured i'd do a little research and am glad i am not alone. Along with the right side pain, i also have it in my back around my hip as well. it feels like menstrual cramps all the time with a stabbing pain in my ovary/back. if there are more of us out there please post. i like to know that i am not losing my mind. I keep thinking ectopic pregnancy, even though i've had multiple negative tests as well as my period. This disease is so strange, so thank you all for your posts

Comment

• Sharyn
                              ICN Member
                              • Jun 2001

Pain

My pain runs along the pelvic floor. The Chiopractor is adjusting the pelvis as he thinks that will help. I feel pain more in my buttocks. Does anyone else have this. I am due for my 2nd Elmiorn instill next week. What is the difference between Tyenol 3 and Vicodin. I have a lot of vicodin and it does help some, not completely.

Comment

Working...