Bladder Diary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bladder Diary?

Does Anyone one where I can get a bladder diary? I think I should fill out one but don't know where to get one to fill out.
    So if you know were I can get one I would appreciate it .
    Kirsten
    Started Vaginal Valium Suppositories April 2014
    Hysterectomy April 2003 (for abdominal pain),Diagnosed with IC August 2003
    Diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Disorder 2004,Had right ovary and fallopan tube removed 2005
    Diagnosed with diverticulosis 2006,Interstim December 2006,Home Instillations 2007-not effective
    Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia November 2007,Appendectomy February 2008,
    Interstim repair December 2008,Removal of the Interstim August 2011,
    6 Hydrodistentions from 2003-2009 Diagnosed with restless leg syndrome March 2014
    Diagnosed with Raynaud's Syndrome November 2013
    Ambien 5mg for sleep.
    Elivil 50 mg at bed
    Lisinopril 20mg in AM
    Effexor 225 mg
    Oxycodone 10 mgs 2 x a day for pain
    Baclofen 20mg 3x a day
    Phenazopyridine 200 mg as needed
    Omeprazole 20 mg at night
    Lyrica 450 mg daily
    Requip .50 mg at night
    Ketorolac 10 mg as needed for migraines

Just use a notebook. All you need is the day/date, time and how much fluid intake, time and void output, and what symptoms you were feeling between, during and immediately after voiding. Along side the voiding diary you could also keep a food diary if you feel foods might be causing issues.
    (\__/)
    (o.O )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. He's on his way to world domination.

Comment

Thanks

I will do that! Thank you very much.
      Kirsten
      Started Vaginal Valium Suppositories April 2014
      Hysterectomy April 2003 (for abdominal pain),Diagnosed with IC August 2003
      Diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Disorder 2004,Had right ovary and fallopan tube removed 2005
      Diagnosed with diverticulosis 2006,Interstim December 2006,Home Instillations 2007-not effective
      Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia November 2007,Appendectomy February 2008,
      Interstim repair December 2008,Removal of the Interstim August 2011,
      6 Hydrodistentions from 2003-2009 Diagnosed with restless leg syndrome March 2014
      Diagnosed with Raynaud's Syndrome November 2013
      Ambien 5mg for sleep.
      Elivil 50 mg at bed
      Lisinopril 20mg in AM
      Effexor 225 mg
      Oxycodone 10 mgs 2 x a day for pain
      Baclofen 20mg 3x a day
      Phenazopyridine 200 mg as needed
      Omeprazole 20 mg at night
      Lyrica 450 mg daily
      Requip .50 mg at night
      Ketorolac 10 mg as needed for migraines

Comment

I tell patients to use a stenographer's notebook--one that has the line down the middle of the page. That way you can note foods and other significant events (sexual intercourse or your period, for example) in one column then the symptoms in the other.

I also have downloadable diaries on my website: http://ic-diet.com/recipes%20and%20resources.html

They are at the top of the page.

I hope that helps!

PS: I did a diary/calendar when I was first diagnosed and it was the best thing I did! It really helped me remember some of the small things and the doctor REALLY paid attention when I took all of the notes to him.
        Julie Beyer, MA, RDN
        IC Dietitian, Patient Advocate, Speaker, & Author

Did you know that up to 94% of interstitial cystitis patients find some symptom relief when they change their diet, and that dietary modification is recommended as a first line treatment for IC? Check out the IC Food List to get started!

Do you need a little more help understanding the IC Diet? Schedule a phone or video coaching session through the ICN Store today.

You can also learn more while supporting the ICN message boards by clicking on these book covers and buying the Confident Choices books from the ICN Store:

........ ........

Other IC Diet Resources:

IC Diet Webinar
        IC Diet Website
        For Health Professionals: Continuing Education About Interstitial Cystitis and Diet
        Free IC Diet Booklet: What Can I Eat?
        Confident Choices IC Diet Blog
        IC Diet Newsletter

*Let's Connect!*

Comment

Working...
        X