X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• banana8785
    replied
    oh man

I hear you featherbullet....im the same way....I want to say astroglide contributed to my last flare up last time but I can't be too sure. But I believe they can contribute to flare ups.

Leave a comment:

• QueenMellyBee
    replied
    I don't even think I would know how to go about getting PT for PFD. THe docotors here in FL are only knowldgeable regarding the elderly, prostate problems, and leaking....... I am having to explain to Dr.s what IC even IS.

I too have pain every time I have sex. Mostly because I tear/rip.........every.....single.......time. I have to use Premarin cream every day to try to prevent this, but the only times I don't tear or have a lot of "stretched-too-far-pain" is if I am super excited/ lubricated/right position = Basically if the moons and stars are aligned.

It's is rough on us IC'er. Sex becomes so cerebral. Each gyno I have had tells me that I am thinking about it too much, and not allowing my body to "receive." Ummm, well if you know it's gonna hurt 80% of the time, you would too! So my husband is understanding and patient, and foreplay (cannot stress this enough) can sometimes make or break the entire ordeal. Either way, I am always sore for 4 hrs or more afterwards.

It's like being a virgin over and over, but with IC as a side effect...... not fun.

Leave a comment:

• meResque
    replied
    I second trying PT. I hate to think of where I would be right now without it.

Leave a comment:

• skybluesoul
    replied
    Originally posted by soymilk View Post
    When I had milder IC symptoms, sex seemed to cause 99% of my pain, flares, and problems. It's definitely frustrating to deal with, because I follow all of the suggestions from my doctor and this board, but sex STILL hurts. My uro recommended physical therapy (but I have been too chicken so far to do it!)
    I strongly encourage you to give PT a try. With the right therapist, it's a lifesaver. At least, it has been for me! It has all but done away with my PFD and helped to calm my IC also. My bladder hardly hurts at all now when I have sex.

Leave a comment:

• soymilk
    replied
    When I had milder IC symptoms, sex seemed to cause 99% of my pain, flares, and problems. It's definitely frustrating to deal with, because I follow all of the suggestions from my doctor and this board, but sex STILL hurts. My uro recommended physical therapy (but I have been too chicken so far to do it!)

Leave a comment:

• VCNJ84
    replied
    Sex can be a nightmare for me. Sometimes I can't even begin sex b/c of PFD. I am starting internal massage soon in hopes of helping this.

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Most of us can take tylenol with no problem --- just be sure to stay within the guidelines of no more than 3000 mg in a day.

Donna

Leave a comment:

• mommyof5
    replied
    THanks Donna. I didn't know ibuprofin could irritate the bladder. How about tylenol?

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Please be cautious with ibuprofen --- it's an irritant to many IC bladders (mine included!).

Donna

Leave a comment:

• mommyof5
    replied
    I also have pelvic pain so I take ibuprofin before intercourse. I also just tried combining tea tree oil and coconut oil and putting it on my urethra helps a lot. I also put it on in the morning then a couple more times during the day if needed for burning.

Leave a comment:

• rosechild12
    replied
    I also have terrible pain during intercourse. My doctor thinks I may have vulvodynia as well as IC. VV is when your vagina burns or hurts with penetration. I have terrible right side pain during sex as well as pain for a couple of days after sex. I also dont like having orgasm's because they also cause me to have pain afterwards. My husband and I are working through the sex issues but it is very hard on our relationship. I know he's there for me but it's very hard to be married and not wanting to be intimate. We have to use special positions because regular missionary hits my bladder and hurts incredibly bad. I use lydocaine gel for intercourse so my urethra doesn't burn and penetration doesn't hurt. I also take oxycodone for after sex but I'm begging to think I should take it before sex as well. Does anybody have a successful sex life with IC?

Jessica

Take: elmiron 2twice a day
    Cymbalta once a day
    Prosed ds as needed
    Lydocaine gel for sex
    Tramadol as needed
    Oxycodone as needed

Diagnosed with severe IC April 2011

Suffered for 8 years without a diagnoses

Leave a comment:

• judy45
    replied
    I had pain during sex for years, almost my whole life. Then it increased to pain during and for about 5 days after. Thought I was having UTIs for years. Then it stopped for about 2 years, just completely stopped. Then the IC started and now I have both! The PT is helping alot

Leave a comment:

• Claire_A
    replied
    I have pain during sex, about half of the time. Pain at the entrence to my vagina caused by the vv. This is burning. I also sometimes get a poking feeling in my bladder.

Warm baths prior to sex, lots of forplay, 'yes' lubricant, latex free non lubricated condoms and the right position go a long way.

PT helped alot!!!

Claire

Leave a comment:

• Pammylynn8
    replied
    Hi there, as long as I am "in the mood" and I have already had the big "o" I do ok, I think b/c the endorphine are kicked in. There isn't much burning or discomfort. If I don't have the big "o" I hurts a lot and I am basically waiting for it to be done. My husband is also very supportive b/c he will do other stuff instead of just sex. Sometimes I think he likes it just as much. Condoms do not help against a flair up and we use the lubricated kind.
    I wish there was an easy way to fix this!! Sex should feel good for everyone

Leave a comment:

• skybluesoul
    replied
    Originally posted by featherbullet View Post

I also wonder if some lubricants or condoms promote flare ups. any thoughts?
    Yes, they do in some. I only use Astroglide that is glycerin and paraben free. Slippery Stuff is ok though too. In my experience, definitely stay away from KY (even the so-called "sensitive") kind, especially if you also have vulva or vaginal issues. I use non-lubricated condoms with the Astroglide. I'm sure others can tell you what works best for them since even the friction of any kind of condom can irritate some women.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X