Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MEN,Please,please reply!

To all of you guys out there:
    Can you please,please share your IC story of how old you were when you developed it and what your symptoms were/are.

My young son who is almost 12 years old has been having symptoms of a UTI.His urine was clear when the Dr.office checked it.He is a very nervous child and I think he is like me because I too have an anxiety disorder.My IC doesn't help the anxiety disorder either.He has intermittent burning and frequency.His back hurts some but may hurt up into his shoulders.If he is busy with something he feels fine but if at home to dwell on it,it starts bothering him again.I do not let him drink anything but milk and water,no pop right now.I did give him cranberry juice,thinking it was a UTI but the cranberry juice made the frequency worse.

Guys please share your stories or if you ladies can share any stories about any guys you know that have IC please share as well.
    Thank you!
    Duana

Help!

if you are a guy and you have IC please reply.

you do not have to share a story but i would like to see how many males have IC.my ob/gyn said she has never heard of boys getting this.

Comment

Hey. I am a 26 yr old male and a female urologist diagnosed me with IC in June. My symptoms are just frequent wanting to go urinate. Nothing hurts or feels out of place apart from me wanting to urinate which is annoying then painful. Try making him drink rosa canina. Make it with boiled water inside a coffee container it's also good to flush out the system and good for kidneys. Me and my mom make it at night and I drink it in the morning before work.

Comment

I figured I would reply now. I do know Noibe stated he just has frequency. OK. I did not go to the urologist complaining of pain, but I was still diagnosed with IC back in 1997.(45 now)(while it was still being called a womans disease) OK. I did view a picture of my bladder.(yucky) By the way, I use to keep in touch with a dude that was diagnosed at kindergarten age.(and had symptoms before then)Of course, I don't think he is a juvenile any longer. You should, in my opinion, get him checked some more. Some people, like some doctors, use to think a person could be too young. That should be thrown out the window by now. Yep!

Comment

Re: Help!

Well I am 43 YOA male. I was diagnosed originally with chronic prostatitis when I went to a URO for a bad prostate infection(on Cipro for three months), and never left his care as further testing (hydro and biopsy(syscosopy)) led me to an official diagnosis in 2004. I have tried pretty much all alternative methods, and tried many different medications (Elmiron, Gabapentin, Etc). Even diet modification hasn't really slowed the progression. I have done Instills which really don't make a difference and usually make flare worse. I just get meds filled and deal with it. But I was medically retired from my job in LE after 17 years because of this disease. I have frequency, urgency, and pain. The pain is biggest hindrance as it has become more intense and bothersome,but then again I have arthritis in both hips and herniated discs in my lower back doesn't help either.
          Diagnosed in 2005.
          Currently take Tramadol 50 mg, Amtryptiline 25 mg, and Hydroxizine 50mg at bedtime. Also take Pyridiium or Ultira-C on a rotating basis, and Gelnique as needed as well.

Comment

Re: Help!

Originally posted by bchboy328 View Post
            Well I am 43 YOA male. I was diagnosed originally with chronic prostatitis when I went to a URO for a bad prostate infection(on Cipro for three months), and never left his care as further testing (hydro and biopsy(syscosopy)) led me to an official diagnosis in 2004. I have tried pretty much all alternative methods, and tried many different medications (Elmiron, Gabapentin, Etc). Even diet modification hasn't really slowed the progression. I have done Instills which really don't make a difference and usually make flare worse. I just get meds filled and deal with it. But I was medically retired from my job in LE after 17 years because of this disease. I have frequency, urgency, and pain. The pain is biggest hindrance as it has become more intense and bothersome,but then again I have arthritis in both hips and herniated discs in my lower back doesn't help either.
            I'm so sorry you are in a prolonged flare. You mentioned that diet didn't seem to help --- was the diet you tried the one at the link in my signature below? If not, I suggest you print it out and use it as a guide in planning meals. Sometimes I takes several months of sticking with it before it makes much difference. Elmiron can take six months or more to become effective.

I absolutely know that having IC is a huge challenge and that it can take a lot of patience to deal with it. But most of us do find effective treatments and most of us feel good most of the time.

Sending well wishes your way,
            Donna
            Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
            Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
            Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
            [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Working...
            X