Bladder spasms after sex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bladder spasms after sex?

Does anyone else experience bladder spasms after sex? I hate going to the bathroom after because it's almost a guarantee that I'll have one. It's usually only that first one right after and then it goes away. Most of the time the spasms are under control with vesicare but sex (and after showers.. like going from the hot water to the very cold rest of the apartment) will trigger them.

Yes, I've experienced this. I have had both doctors and my PT advise me to urinate before and right after sex to try to avoid a UTI. After I urinate, I don't usually have spasms anymore.
    ----------------------
    -Amanda
    34 years old, bladder symptoms all my life
    diagnosed with PFD and VV October 2009; IC May 2010

Current meds:
    Cystoprotek 2 pills twice a day, Hydroxyzine 10 mg, Gabapentin 600 mg, Myrbetriq 25mg, Zoloft 25 mg, Mircrogestin, capsaicin cream (for vulva)
    Other past treatments:
    IC diet, physical therapy, Traumeel injections as needed, TENS unit, heating pad, instills with sodium bicarb, lidocaine, and mucosa compositum
    Tried and didn't work:
    Pyridium, Singlair, Nortriptyline, Elmiron, lidocaine and heparin instills (worked at first, then didn't anymore), various creams, acupuncture

Comment

Working...
    X